Prospects for the Sheffield clubs this coming season?

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Yep, I talk to many of my footballing mates who are of the same opinion as you and Hots, nothing wrong with your opinions.

My opinion is lets get up there with the so called elite, lets show them what we can do (both Owls and Blades) .

You don"t enter the Olympics to win Bronze.

I'm sure hotty wouldn't lose sleep over going up but I agree with him and pet about the premiership, it's all money. I'd take a season there, maybe two but if we went down I wouldn't be bothered, the championship is a great league. 

Maybe you will surprise some people but I'd hate us to be there to be fighting relegation every season. West brom had it good being a yo yo team

3 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I'm sure hotty wouldn't lose sleep over going up but I agree with him and pet about the premiership, it's all money. I'd take a season there, maybe two but if we went down I wouldn't be bothered, the championship is a great league. 

Maybe you will surprise some people but I'd hate us to be there to be fighting relegation every season. West brom had it good being a yo yo team

Being a yo yo team is very profitable you are right but in a funny sort of way fighting relegation I feel is more exciting than sitting mid table playing for nothing making up the numbers,Living on your nerve ends has a funny sort of appeal or am I a sadist.😁

This little group is of a very similar mind.

There's lots of money in selling drugs and arms dealing, but I don't want to be in them either.

We all know that money has ruined the game, but some people suddenly turn deaf, dumb and blind when £200m lands on their doormat. If it lands on other clubs' mats, then the protest banners come out. My protest banner is glued to my hand.

Bring on the European Elite League, take the 'Big 8' with you, equalise the funds available to the rest ........ and let's play football, rather than Monopoly or Risk.

It's 3-30am. Have a good day!

11 hours ago, petcharlie said:

Being a yo yo team is very profitable you are right but in a funny sort of way fighting relegation I feel is more exciting than sitting mid table playing for nothing making up the numbers,Living on your nerve ends has a funny sort of appeal or am I a sadist.😁

Yes it is better than sitting mid table but it would get abit old doing it season after season

My predictions

Owls - mid table humdrum, around 9th

(Can't see the owls swooping into the playoffs)

Blades - to suprise people, finish top half of table

Barnsley - relegated

Rotherham - automatic promotion

Huddersfield - Bottom half of table

Doncaster - Playoffs, but lose in final

Leeds - champions and promotion

Edited by rogets

28 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Yes it is better than sitting mid table but it would get abit old doing it season after season

Was Sheffield Wednesday the original Yo Yo team back in the 50/60s ?

13 minutes ago, Padders said:

Hi Padders,  Eric Taylor refered to it as the "Yoyo years" Owls had three relegations  1951,1955,1958 and three promotions 52,56, 59  each relegation followed by promotion the following year..  My first visit to S6 was easter monday 1958 On my third visit  i experienced relegation.  How exiting.:hihi:.

33 minutes ago, Padders said:

Bit before my time that one😁

15 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Bit before my time that one😁

We oldies still remember the glory years.

9 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

It's 3-30am. Have a good day!

That's what I call a proper night OWL.

The votes are in, and here is the result of the Sheffield 6 Jury....... (as at 29th July 2019, before a ball's been kicked)

United  ........ 9th to 15th ...... Wouldn't surprise me if they do a little better than 9th.

Wednesday ...... top 6 ...... A poor Managerial appointment?  ... Bottom half

Barnsley ......  9th to 15th .......

Rotherham ......  12th to 16th ....

Chezzy .......   6th to 12th

Doncaster ........  8th to 14th.

IF there's to be a massive surprise, I reckon it could be Barnsley who provide it.