Prospects for the Sheffield clubs this coming season?

1 hour ago, Mooks said:

Being surrounded by owlsmad stepsons l agree you have a better chance this season the brucey farce though hasn't helped matters..

Ye need a manager with some sort of experience at the top level or top level of the championship someone whos been there and succeeded..

Hard to find the right man though your chairman seems to like changing managers like changing socks ..

We all want to be in the premiership at least for one season to play the big teams with sell out home games..

I for one luv the championship its one of the toughest leagues in the world to actually get out of but of course l would like promotion that's the main aim.Really look forward to the new season every year..

But as we all know if ye don't have the big bucks and don't support the top six ye there to make up the numbers and to be blown away nearly every game..

Just enjoy the experience ..

Im just recovering from a blood infection after a op three weeks ago not nice ..

Sorry to hear that mate glad you are on the mend

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Maybe it's how I perceive things but I'd say that it's a far harder task to get out of the Championship than it is to stay in the Premiership? 

Afterall, for the former, you've got to be better than 21 other clubs but for the latter, you've only got to be better than 3 others.

I agree the gap between the haves and have nots in the prem are huge no way can you match the big six you are just cannon fodder but we have earned the right to be there and unfortunately being a hit in the Championship means you end up in the prem.Which those who know me know I am not fussed over being there .I really enjoyed last season who wouldn't ? but can not see this season being as good we know our limits and our financial clout can not match the successful clubs .Finishing half way up the league would be some achievement but fourth from bottom would be seen as a good result by some.

In the championship the clubs are more even by means of ability but even there you end up with a handful being a cut above the others but having said that the scores are far less predictable than the premiership and any club can beat any other club in the championship and thats why i like it better than the prem.With the prem you know who will finish in the top six in the championship you don't and thats the beauty of it.

Edited by petcharlie
add more

Seethey 

What was the scoowah at the united Barnslee match?

1 minute ago, rogets said:

Seethey 

What was the scoowah at the united Barnslee match?

utd won 4 1 osborn,robinson, scored two of them

Just now, petcharlie said:

utd won 4 1 osborn,robinson, scored two of them

watched second half i think new guy freeman scored one to

That's a very positive result for United

I'd like to see United back in the Championship.

That's not sour grapes, or a dislike of S2, it's just that I prefer the Championship, and I prefer a Championship with both Sheffield clubs in it.

I'm not in to bragging rights, or airs of superiority. I'm not fussed either way.

Should we (Wednesday) make the Premier League, then no doubt some will be C*ck* - a -hoop about it. I'd be half pleased, because it means that DC can re-fill his pockets (should he want to, he deserves it) but my gut feeling remains that 'The Premier League? .......... You can have it.

I hope United do Sheffield proud in the Prem, and it would be wondrous to see Wednesday storm the Championship. Imagine Wednesday winning the League, then being placed 7th because of some financial mis-demeanour!!

For me, a win, win situation ........ almost.

In the real world, I expect United to comfortably survive in the Prem and Wednesday SHOULD shine in the Championship.

if I were a betting man, I'd back United rather than Wednesday's chances.

I'm rarely right, so we'll see what happens.

Have a great season!

Edited by Hotmale 1954

30 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

That's not sour grapes, or a dislike of S2, it's just that I prefer the Championship, and I prefer a Championship with both Sheffield clubs in it.

I'm not in to bragging rights, or airs of superiority. I'm not fussed either way.

Should we (Wednesday) make the Premier League, then no doubt some will be C*ck* - a -hoop about it. I'd be half pleased, because it means that DC can re-fill his pockets (should he want to, he deserves it) but my gut feeling remains that 'The Premier League? .......... You can have it.

I hope United do Sheffield proud in the Prem, and it would be wondrous to see Wednesday storm the Championship. Imagine Wednesday winning the League, then being placed 7th because of some financial mis-demeanour!!

In the real world, I expect United to comfortably survive in the Prem and Wednesday SHOULD shine in the Championship.

Have a great season!

When you say you would like to see the blades in the championship I understand what you mean hots.As you know I prefer that league to but we are where we are the last time we were there it was nothing but a wind up. Poor refs lots of actors and divers players playing for clubs who should not have been playing for that club very dodgy decisions I remember it well.I really enjoyed last season all good stuff but we will just be making up the numbers this year because we know who will be at the top fighting for the trophies all the usual clubs.So predictable but the money is good.

36 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Have a great season!

HOTS,  mate, pal, chum, whatever..

What your actually saying is , it would suit you to finish 7th every season.

Top two no thanks, it would mean Prem football,

Top 6 no thanks might mean Prem football.

7th lovely another season in the championship.

Come on Hots, you know it, I know it Owls much better than that.

As I"ve said before its like a Chesterfield fan saying were much better in the national league, sod the EFL.

3 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

When you say you would like to see the blades in the championship I understand what you mean hots.As you know I prefer that league to but we are where we are the last time we were there it was nothing but a wind up. Poor refs lots of actors and divers players playing for clubs who should not have been playing for that club very dodgy decisions I remember it well.I really enjoyed last season all good stuff but we will just be making up the numbers this year because we know who will be at the top fighting for the trophies all the usual clubs.So predictable but the money is good.

Pet, you talk a lot of sense, but look on the plus side.

Full house every home game, what an atmosphere,

The worlds best footballers coming to the lane,

Opportunity to compete against the top clubs, and as you say the extra revenue, much better than languishing mid table in the Championship season after season.

1 minute ago, Padders said:

HOTS,  mate, pal, chum, whatever..

What your actually saying is , it would suit you to finish 7th every season.

Top two no thanks, it would mean Prem football,

Top 6 no thanks might mean Prem football.

7th lovely another season in the championship.

Come on Hots, you know it, I know it Owls much better than that.

As I"ve said before its like a Chesterfield fan saying were much better in the national league, sod the EFL.

Paddy mate ,pal ,chum I am a blade as you know and i am being totally honest when I say I agree with him.If the prem was more even and not so predictable and the majority of clubs all had a fair chance of achieving some thing I would love it .Look at us in the Championship we had just come up from league one and we had the same chance as any other club in that league to make the prem mainly because of our manager but the team did more than hold it's own we dominated most teams and the next year we got promoted.Being that successful is impossible in the prem because the playing field is not as even mainly because of finance.We will like another 15 clubs just be making up the numbers.

4 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Paddy mate ,pal ,chum I am a blade as you know and i am being totally honest when I say I agree with him.If the prem was more even and not so predictable and the majority of clubs all had a fair chance of achieving some thing I would love it .Look at us in the Championship we had just come up from league one and we had the same chance as any other club in that league to make the prem mainly because of our manager but the team did more than hold it's own we dominated most teams and the next year we got promoted.Being that successful is impossible in the prem because the playing field is not as even mainly because of finance.We will like another 15 clubs just be making up the numbers.

Yep, I talk to many of my footballing mates who are of the same opinion as you and Hots, nothing wrong with your opinions.

My opinion is lets get up there with the so called elite, lets show them what we can do (both Owls and Blades) .

You don"t enter the Olympics to win Bronze.

11 minutes ago, Padders said:

Pet, you talk a lot of sense, but look on the plus side.

Full house every home game, what an atmosphere,

The worlds best footballers coming to the lane,

Opportunity to compete against the top clubs, and as you say the extra revenue, much better than languishing mid table in the Championship season after season.

I understand your point padds and I would love you to prove me wrong I hope you do but if we end back in the championship I for one will not be to bothered.Don;t get me wrong I will try to enjoy the ride i would love us to shut a few mouths who like the guy on sky who thinks Billy is league one striker .What an idiot how as he got that job he is talking about a guy who got 23 goals in the championship last year and if he had played in all the games would have been the leagues highest scorer.What a half wit so i would love billy to get the chance to shut that idiots mouth for the benefit of all of us.I am sure Wilder and his team will give it a good go just like they always do and make us proud of our club.