Prospects for the Sheffield clubs this coming season?

7 minutes ago, ALAN 58 said:

I said months ago it would be a long time before we are treated to a derby game at league  level and i still stand by what i said.  The Blades were worthy promotion winners, but i  go along with the bookmakers who make them odds on favourites to come straight back down. Before  SB  decided to  leave for greener pastures i was very optimistic of promotion for the Owls, i am sure if we can get the right man in then we have a squad who can  still deliver,  So  for me i see the clubs swapping places and the same could happen for seasons to come,  back to the yoyo years.

You can see the Owls going up ?  We all have our dreams.

Radio 5's, Adrian Durham has got the Blades to be relegated & claims that the club / Wilder aren't taking the Premiership seriously enough; Sharpe is a Div 1 player & only sentiment is the reason he still at the Lane. 

https://talksport.com/football/578741/adrian-durham-sheffield-united-relegated-premier-league-captain-billy-sharp/

Still think we' ll finish 13th or 14th this coming season & that will be something to build on.

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Radio 5's, Adrian Durham has got the Blades to be relegated & claims that the club / Wilder aren't taking the Premiership seriously enough; Sharpe is a Div 1 player & only sentiment is the reason he still at the Lane. 

https://talksport.com/football/578741/adrian-durham-sheffield-united-relegated-premier-league-captain-billy-sharp/

Still think we' ll finish 13th or 14th this coming season & that will be something to build on.

Hmmm... :huh:

... well it's no surprise really.

The truth is, a lot of the media 'luvvies' now see the Premiership as some sort of elite club, where only those with fat wallets should be allowed to be members.

Of course they want riff-raff clubs like United to fail because they don't like the idea that while their favourite 'celebrity' clubs now have to spend £50m+ on a player, a team that has spent peanuts will begin the season on exactly the same number of points.

It's supposed to be the best league in the world, attracting the best players.

How dare a club full of 'misfits' that have been given a second chance by some down to earth northern bloke and who have got where they are through sheer hard work (and a bit of natural talent) be allowed to rub shoulders with those whose idea of 'hard work' is having to open their own cheque book... :roll:

1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

You can see the Owls going up ?  We all have our dreams.

Could you of seen blades going up before wilder came in, I doubt it. Enjoy being on your perch but it can soon change. I've no clue how we'll do but the right signings and we can challenge. As you proved we don't need to spend massively on players capable of getting us up

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Well the man is a mouth on legs he always was but he has done the blades a favour all wilder has to do is put his thoughts on the wall and he will not need a team talk.What a load of garbage saying Sharp is league one why is it he scored 23 in the Championship even though he missed a good deal of it.If he had played all the matches he would have been top scorer in the league. Now I can understand the thinking about relegation because nearly all promoted clubs end up as favourits for relegation.This league is so much orientated on financial issues than the other leagues and no way can we compete  with the Manchesters and Chelsea type clubs .Having said that so what it would not crease me to find us back in the Championship I understand that is not everyones thoughts but the idea of us just making up the numbers is not appealing to me.

11 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Could you of seen blades going up before wilder came in, I doubt it. Enjoy being on your perch but it can soon change. I've no clue how we'll do but the right signings and we can challenge. As you proved we don't need to spend massively on players capable of getting us up

Don"t listen to the doomsters Nervy, no reason at all why the Owls can"t be up there challenging for top spot.

I"m going for play offs minimum.

2 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Well the man is a mouth on legs he always was but he has done the blades a favour all wilder has to do is put his thoughts on the wall and he will not need a team talk.What a load of garbage saying Sharp is league one why is it he scored 23 in the Championship even though he missed a good deal of it.If he had played all the matches he would have been top scorer in the league. Now I can understand the thinking about relegation because nearly all promoted clubs end up as favourits for relegation.This league is so much orientated on financial issues than the other leagues and no way can we compete  with the Manchesters and Chelsea type clubs .Having said that so what it would not crease me to find us back in the Championship I understand that is not everyones thoughts but the idea of us just making up the numbers is not appealing to me.

He doesn't talk sense half the time anyway. United have gone about it how they want to. Personally I don't think buying pretty much all your players from the championship will work out but I could be wrong. Worst case (or best case) depending on your views of the premier League you'll have a decent championship side without having to sell top many

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Don"t listen to the doomsters Nervy, no reason at all why the Owls can"t be up there challenging for top spot.

I"m going for play offs minimum.

I don't know how we'll do but we have the makings of a good side, e just need extra pace which hopefully we've solved. A solid challenge for the playoffs will do me do hope your right

the owls are a decent price to go up or 20/1 to win the league,put a bit on them going up anyway

Being surrounded by owlsmad stepsons l agree you have a better chance this season the brucey farce though hasn't helped matters..

Ye need a manager with some sort of experience at the top level or top level of the championship someone whos been there and succeeded..

Hard to find the right man though your chairman seems to like changing managers like changing socks ..

We all want to be in the premiership at least for one season to play the big teams with sell out home games..

I for one luv the championship its one of the toughest leagues in the world to actually get out of but of course l would like promotion that's the main aim.Really look forward to the new season every year..

But as we all know if ye don't have the big bucks and don't support the top six ye there to make up the numbers and to be blown away nearly every game..

Just enjoy the experience ..

Im just recovering from a blood infection after a op three weeks ago not nice ..

get well soon mate,sorry to hear your plight over a long period,nice to see your points of view on here,who else do you think will be in the cert top 6 championship mix? intresting league as normal this year.

1 hour ago, petcharlie said:

Maybe it's how I perceive things but I'd say that it's a far harder task to get out of the Championship than it is to stay in the Premiership? 

Afterall, for the former, you've got to be better than 21 other clubs but for the latter, you've only got to be better than 3 others.

58 minutes ago, bassett one said:

get well soon mate,sorry to hear your plight over a long period,nice to see your points of view on here,who else do you think will be in the cert top 6 championship mix? intresting league as normal this year.

Cheers for that bud..been a nightmare luckily antibiotics have done the biz in time..

Think my top six to go in the mix .

Leeds

West Brom

Boro..?

Owls..

Cardiff

Stoke

But could be way off the mark...would luv to see Boro..Owls top two...