Prospects for the Sheffield clubs this coming season?

I really hope Jos has improved his football English over the Summer. He has to please and disappoint some good players at S6 and he'll find it a tricky job.

If money wasn't a big issue (and I know it is) and we could act more freely with our squad and any potential targets, then things would be a tad better for him.

As it is, I think we're starting the season 3 full backs and at least one centre back short.

I'd be loathe to lose any of our attackers, as any one of them would be unlucky to not get a starting place.

Atdhe's got the main shirt at the moment, Nando finished the season in fine form.

Rhodes has gone on his holidays to the Broads for a while, Joao did really well last season when given a chance, Hooper ............. well, we all know what he can do and HAS done. Fletcher gives 100% every minute of every game and gives us summat with more muscle and grit. Matias scored that screamer against L***s so can stay at S6 forever in my view, so I couldn't choose one to let go, as they'll all succeed at whichever club they go to.

We need a couple of Midfielders, but, that said, bringing some in could add to Jos' problems as much as eradicating them.

If our main men keep fit (and why shouldn't they?) we've got a tidy, industrious, effective mid, many of who can add to the goals for column.

Any of Lee, Bannan, Reach, Hutchinson, Abdi and Pelopessy would be a tremendous middle 5, and to bring in others to sit on the bench would not do us a great deal of good in my opinion.

So Jos, get some proper defenders in, and prepare thissen for a top two finish. ;)

Oh, I almost forgot, Winall knows where the net is as well, so he's another one to keep.

That said, if he's a pain in the dressing room and around the club as is widely reported, then maybe he should move on.

Depending who's interested in him, you've got to be asking £12m as he's easily twice as good as Madine .......................... isn't he?

I'm going back to sleep.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

If the boardroom wrangles don't affect things too much I'd expect United to have a similar season to last, a great start but not quite enough for a full on challenge, CW will have the lads up for a battle theres no doubt of that.

The Owls I'm not really surem still need a few additions which may not arrive but if the injured players from ast season can stay fit and FF is firing who knows? I expect a season of consolidation and maybe a top 10 finish but no more.

The big day arrives Saturday, can"t wait....I"ve been doing my homework over the last few weeks, weighing up the pro"s and cons..and 60yrs experience chucked in.

VERDICT.

Blades to struggle in bottom half, just avoiding relegation.

Owls flying high, will make play offs, possible top two.

Will definitely be a die hard Owl this season.

W.A.W.A. W.

Blades slightly better than last season

Owls slightly worse

Rotherham to stay up

Not be putting any money on it though:)

Spot on about the owls.

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 19:39, Padders said:

The big day arrives Saturday, can"t wait....I"ve been doing my homework over the last few weeks, weighing up the pro"s and cons..and 60yrs experience chucked in.

VERDICT.

W.A.W.A. W.

Well I would just like to remind you of my pre season prediction Hots...  BEAT THAT.

On 01/07/2018 at 08:17, DerbyTup said:

Ah ok! It's too early to say then. I should have asked the question a bit later. But I asked it already now. Bad timing on my part. At some point though it would be good to get some answers to the question before the season starts.

A lot will depend on what happens between now and then.

Will Wednesday manage to unload their expensive and unwanted players? Will that free up some cash to allow them to get a few players in who do give two hoots about being an Owl?

Will United make decent money available, especially from the sale of Brooks, but on top of that as well, for Wilder to strengthen the team - or will that money disappear into the depth of the accounts and never be seen again?

I see these two things as being pivotal to the season ahead for our clubs.

We will know better, later on for sure. But I think United will struggle to better last season's achievements, whilst Wednesday will struggle to do worse!:hihi:

Your last sentence. LOL

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 14:39, Padders said:

VERDICT.

W.A.W.A. W.

Will the Owls be part of this delusion of a top three trio that includes Newcastle United and Portsmouth ?

Edited by St Petre
Add

On 01/07/2018 at 16:02, owl.66 said:

Tbh I think thats unfair on the op:huh:.

Only asking a question to what both fans think.

Thank you Sir.

Yes, I was just trying to start a conversation.  I put a little bit of "spice" in there to provoke some responses - but nothing sinister!

Well here we are then, around the half-way mark of the season.  The Owls have struggled, not helped I think by a manager who continually changed the team and seemed reluctant to play his best players, and the Blades have gone from strength to strength and look like a cert for the top 6 at least.    

I thought Owls would find it tough going, I didn't think Blades would improve on last season.  

It should be an interesting second half of the season with a good manager now coming into Wednesday and with United playing with a lot of confidence and purpose.

Edited by DerbyTup

On 13/01/2019 at 12:39, Padders said:

Well I would just like to remind you of my pre season prediction Hots...  BEAT THAT.

Padders said :

VERDICT.

W.A.W.A. W.

Na'then Padders.

This makes my 1-5 prediction look genius!

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Interesting stat... only one of our 6 local teams know which division they will be in next season.. Chesterfield.