Need to phone Veolia ?

Veolia missed my bin collection, so I wanted to phone them up. on their web site they have a 0845 number (which I have to pay for)......I looked on the council website and contacted Veolia free of charge.

I thought making a profit out of phone call for public services were discouraged if not banned.

update, by free of charge i mean free on my mobile, it's local call rates for phones that don't give you free local calls. sorry for the mistake.

Edited by Itrytoplease

Just ring 01142734567 and follow the prompts.

You cant have looked too hard as that number is here: https://www.veolia.co.uk/sheffield/contact-us , a page that came up merely by typing "Veolia Sheffield" into Google.

A non-thread. Mods can we get this locked?

Edited by EmmaJones76

Whenever I find an advertised 0870 or 0845 number I visit the website 'Say No to 0870' and search for an alternative geographic number..

This was a "Heads up" post to stop others falling into the trap of paying for contacting this service, but with your attitude I wonder why I bothered.

---------- Post added 29-06-2018 at 11:12 ----------

Whenever I find an advertised 0870 or 0845 number I visit the website 'Say No to 0870' and search for an alternative geographic number..

Interesting, I've heard of it, but never tried it. must remember it - Thanks

Just ring 01142734567 and follow the prompts.

You cant have looked too hard as that number is here: https://www.veolia.co.uk/sheffield/contact-us , a page that came up merely by typing "Veolia Sheffield" into Google.

A non-thread. Mods can we get this locked?

Is that not also a chargeable number :huh: I thought the op was advising everyone of the availability of a freephone number to contact Veolia :thumbsup:

Is that not also a chargeable number :huh: I thought the op was advising everyone of the availability of a freephone number to contact Veolia :thumbsup:

Aha, a fair point.

Can the OP please specify what the "freephone" number he found was, please?

Sorry, your right of course, it's free with my mobile, but it is a local call rather than the 0845 number which can cost "Up to 7p per minute, 7p per call or a combination of both. Total 0845 number call costs will typically be anywhere from 11p to 62p per minute, plus up to an additional 7p per-call charge. This means that 0845 numbers will usually cost more to call than a normal landline"

- https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=iic2W_2yIKLikgXKwKPIDA&q=0845+numbers+cost&oq=0845+numbers&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i131k1j0l9.2013.7698.0.9764.12.6.0.6.6.0.113.541.5j1.6.0..2..0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.12.657....0.BWWrwcilXZw

Veolia missed my bin collection, so I wanted to phone them up. on their web site they have a 0845 number (which I have to pay for)......I looked on the council website and contacted Veolia free of charge.

I thought making a profit out of phone call for public services were discouraged if not banned.

update, by free of charge i mean free on my mobile, it's local call rates for phones that don't give you free local calls. sorry for the mistake.

You can report a missed bin collection online here

https://service.sheffield.gov.uk/selfservice/L1_Portal.html?formname=WasteManagement

Aha, a fair point.

Can the OP please specify what the "freephone" number he found was, please?

I have a plan with telephone landline provider which includes all UK geographic and mobile numbers, which I therefore tend to regard as "free", but am charged extra for 0845 0870 etc. Think this kind of arrangement could be what was being referred to.