The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

3 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

What is interesting to me is that what he is predicting, should Brexit be blocked, is the exact thing I am predicting should Brexit go ahead. Odd that... Perhaps the genie is already out of the bottle...

I had heard that all Police leave had been cancelled for the weeks following the 29th March...

1 hour ago, Litotes said:

I had heard that all Police leave had been cancelled for the weeks following the 29th March...

And just where did you hear that?

3 hours ago, Magilla said:

Let them have at it! It'll expose/highlight them for what they really are... their actions have already undermined their purported aims and will continue to do so.

If the democratic EU referendum result is undermined then there is a risk many  people will lose faith in the ballot box and turn to violence.  Many MPs have been exposed for what they really are by displaying their contempt for the democratic decision the UK people made in 2016.

Just now, Lockdoctor said:

If the democratic EU referendum result is undermined then there is a risk many  people will lose faith in the ballot box and turn to violence.

A smaller risk compared to what will happen if jobs and livelihoods suffer any negative impact (IMHO).

Just now, Lockdoctor said:

Many MPs have been exposed for what they really are by displaying their contempt for the democratic decision the UK people made in 2016.

Silly goose, democracy means you can change your mind! :hihi:

13 minutes ago, Magilla said:

A smaller risk compared to what will happen if jobs and livelihoods suffer any negative impact (IMHO).

Silly goose, democracy means you can change your mind! :hihi:

You haven't changed your mind and the protesters from both sides  outside the Houses of Parliament haven't changed their minds.  It suits the agenda of people who only respect democracy when the decision mirrors their own choice, to use 'change your mind' as an excuse to cheat others out of democracy.

Edited by Lockdoctor

15 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

You haven't changed your mind and the protesters from both sides  outside the Houses of Parliament haven't changed their minds.

There are many people that have.

It suits the agenda of people who only respect democracy when the decision mirrors their own choice, to use 'change your mind' as an excuse to cheat others out of democracy.

LOL, weird then that Gina Miller had to go to the high court to make sure the very thing leavers claimed the referendum was about, parliamentary sovereignty, actually happened during the Brexit process.

I guess it depends on who's doing the cheating eh :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

4 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Threat from the far right ? Have you seen the state of those far rightists outside Parliament surrounding Anna Soubry and Owen Jones ? Two sandwiches short of a picnic

What a horrible little snake he is. Saw him on This Week on thursday night , trying to rake up dirt on Andrew Neill , but was put firmly in his place. 

6 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

They are basically involved in finance and have made billions already from betting against Britain during this crisis. And they stand to gain more if things get worse.

Actively profiting from the destruction of our industry and reputation.

These are the real enemies of the people. No doubt of that.

It’s a threat from Grayling. Make no mistake at all.

He is one of the people who is most powerfully placed to peep the dog whistle.

A far right surge won’t happen without people like him stoking it.

I wouldnt be so sure on that . 

Edited by Penistone999

39 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

What a horrible little snake he is. Saw him on This Week on thursday night , trying to rake up dirt on Andrew Neill , but was put firmly in his place. 

I wouldnt be so sure on that . 

Yes there is a lot of weapon-grade gammon about that will be difficult to defuse.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

If the democratic EU referendum result is undermined then there is a risk many  people will lose faith in the ballot box and turn to violence.  Many MPs have been exposed for what they really are by displaying their contempt for the democratic decision the UK people made in 2016.

There is very little risk of normal people doing that.

If people resort to violence then they are against democracy.

Will you be out on the streets locky? What will you do fella? Who or what are you going to attack?

17 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

There is very little risk of normal people doing that.

If people resort to violence then they are against democracy.

Will you be out on the streets locky? What will you do fella? Who or what are you going to attack?

Do you think the clowns waving pro EU and anti Brexit banners outside of the Houses of Parliament are normal people?

No I wont be going out on the streets or attacking anyone because I have no grievance with anyone.  I am a grown adult and accept the result of the democratic referendum result. 

18 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Do you think the clowns waving pro EU and anti Brexit banners outside of the Houses of Parliament are normal people?

No I wont be going out on the streets or attacking anyone because I have no grievance with anyone.  I am a grown adult and accept the result of the democratic referendum result. 

Why are you promoting the idea that there will be violence?

You should be condemning it. 

4 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Why are you promoting the idea that there will be violence?

You should be condemning it. 

I am not promoting anything.   I have only stated, if the result of the ballot box is not respected then there is a risk some people might turn to violence.  There was violence in the streets of Zimbabwe this year after it was clear the people of Zimbabwe had been cheated in their election.  If Brexit doesn't happen then the people who voted to leave the EU in 2016 will have been cheated.

I am condemning people like you, who don't respect decisions made through the ballot box when it doesn't mirror your personal choice.

2 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I am not promoting anything.   I have only stated, if the result of the ballot box is not respected then there is a risk some people might turn to violence.  There was violence in the streets of Zimbabwe this year after it was clear the people of Zimbabwe had been cheated in their election.  If Brexit doesn't happen then the people who voted to leave the EU in 2016 will have been cheated.

I am condemning people like you, who don't respect decisions made through the ballot box when it doesn't mirror your personal choice.

Then the question to you, oh dear superior democrat, remains - why not support a people's vote now the cards have been shuffled and the deck has been dealt?