The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

1 minute ago, Lockdoctor said:

The MPs will not be voting whether they want a no deal Brexit,  but that scenario is going to happen, if they reject the Withdrawal deal on offer.  As you the logical way for a MP to vote if they don't want a no deal Brexit is to support Mrs May's deal.  

We have had a EU referendum and we have  had a General Election since the referendum in which the current Government were given the authority to negotiate the terms on what way the UK will leave the EU.  The choice now is simple for MPs to make and there should be no movement of the goalposts.

If the MPs really want no-deal, and they don't like TMs deal, they shouldn't have so publically voted the other day on no-deal. I have a copy of 'How to Negotiate, with pictures and colouring pages' by Ladybird books, which they can borrow.

4 minutes ago, woodview said:

I have a copy of 'How to Negotiate, with pictures and colouring pages' by Ladybird books, which they can borrow.

Perhaps you should have let Theresa May have a copy 18 months or so ago.

14 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

Ohhhh, now what will happen?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46805269

This is hilarious. 

This effectively gives Parliament a say in what to when they vote down the PM’s deal. Second referendum it is then!

3 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

This is hilarious. 

This effectively gives Parliament a say in what to when they vote down the PM’s deal. Second referendum it is then!

With what question on the ballot paper??

26 minutes ago, woodview said:

With what question on the ballot paper??

bit more in depth than the last one i hope

9 minutes ago, melthebell said:

b

it more in depth than the last one i hope

Leave on terms as yet unknown

Remain

/

Remain

Leave PM deal

Leave No Deal

/

Leave PM deal

Leave No Deal

/

Leave no deal

remain on modified terms

The question on a referendum will be as contentious as all other aspects. It also has the potential of being 'unfair' e.g example 2 above is a Leave splitter.

41 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

This is hilarious. 

Nothing has changed. The legal default position if the MPs vote against the EU Withdrawal deal on offer is the UK leave the EU on 29th March without a deal.

17 minutes ago, melthebell said:

bit more in depth than the last one i hope

What was your problem?   Either you wanted to remain or wanted to leave.

I would go for:

Do you want a No Deal  Brexit

Do you want a Brexit No Deal

Just to keep Lockdoctor confused

11 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Nothing has changed. The legal default position if the MPs vote against the EU Withdrawal deal on offer is the UK leave the EU on 29th March without a deal.

Have you been keeping up? You know that leaving without a deal is effectively off the table right?

10 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

What was your problem?   Either you wanted to remain or wanted to leave.

and thats what confuses things, its not as simple as that, people want all sorts of things, including down the middle