The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

1 hour ago, tzijlstra said:

‘Cheated out of democracy’ my word, no wonder you support Brexit, you haven’t got the foggiest what ‘democracy’ means if you think an elected official can’t have an opinion...

and that democracy stops with one single referendum LOL

41 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

It is because I understand democracy why after 23rd June 2016, I support Brexit.  Yes, Anna Soubry is an elected official and just like people, who are no elected officials she had her chance to express her opinion at the ballot box on 23rd June 2016.  I expect elected officials especially those who are members of parliament, who voted overwhelmingly to give the UK people the EU referendum vote to respect the decision the democratic UK people made in that vote.  Anna Soubry doesn't respect the democratic EU referendum vote and in my opinion no longer deserves to be a member of parliament or deserves to stand again for any elected position.

But arent you then denying the democratic will of the democratic people to democratically vote for her if the want to, democratically?

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:37 AM, Magilla said:

Seems to be going well:

https://news.sky.com/story/more-than-200-mps-want-pm-to-rule-out-no-deal-brexit-11600823

"Brexit Lorry Farce":

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-lorry-test-disused-manston-13823172

Nearly half didn't turn up... government couldn't even organise that properly!

Todays fun fact: The FTSE has lost more value in the last 12 months than the UK has paid into the EU during the entire 45 years we've been a member.

On the lorry front - I thouht this made good reading.

https://www.ft.com/content/d05498f6-1299-11e9-a581-4ff78404524e

Delving deeper it seems to indicate that delays of up to 40 seconds per lorry are 'managable' but anything above that increases delays exponentially.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

Anna Soubry doesn't respect the democratic EU referendum vote and in my opinion no longer deserves to be a member of parliament or deserves to stand again for any elected position.

What, you mean the inconclusive result in a non-binding referendum in 2016?  Funny, I don't respect it either considering what's happened since.

3 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

It's  MPs like Anna Soubry who have contempt for democracy who  are to blame for the fraught relations in the UK at the moment.  However two wrongs don't make a right and Anna Soubry should not have been harassed in that way by the yobs.  I don't want to see the UK turned into the new Zimbabwe where their people are cheated out of democracy but that is exactly what Anna Soubry is seeking to do.

Only saw part of the program.  Switched off.

You should outright confirming what happened to Soubry, without qualification.

Seriously, you’ve utterly lost the plot

1 hour ago, DnAuK said:

On the lorry front - I thouht this made good reading.

https://www.ft.com/content/d05498f6-1299-11e9-a581-4ff78404524e

Delving deeper it seems to indicate that delays of up to 40 seconds per lorry are 'managable' but anything above that increases delays exponentially.

"80 seconds per truck would lead to 'no recovery' — described by an official as widespread permanent gridlock" :hihi:

Empty shelves in supermarkets within 1 week according to the interviews from those in the know this morning... whoopsy.

If people think the public will revolt on no-Brexit, just wait to see how crazy they go when simple things like food get scarce.

30 minutes ago, Magilla said:

"80 seconds per truck would lead to 'no recovery' — described by an official as widespread permanent gridlock" :hihi:

Empty shelves in supermarkets within 1 week according to the interviews from those in the know this morning... whoopsy.

If people think the public will revolt on no-Brexit, just wait to see how crazy they go when simple things like food get scarce.

The swivel headed nutjobs like Mogg will blame the EU

Just now, I1L2T3 said:

yup, itll be them "punishing" us, like they already have with the crap deal already negotiated

14 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

It will start with the EU, then foreign looking people in the UK. The "you're not even English" comment from the yellow vest gob ****es was telling. If and when the economy takes a dip, these knuckledraggers will be looking for others to blame.

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

You should outright confirming what happened to Soubry, without qualification.

Seriously, you’ve utterly lost the plot

Sorry  you're not making any sense.  I have condemned the behaviour of the yobs who harassed Anna Soubry.  However just because some yobs have behaved badly towards her doesn't mean she should be pardoned for her own disgraceful behaviour and contempt for democracy.  Anna Soubry like every MP should be supporting Brexit because Leave won the democratic vote and every constituency have people who voted to leave the EU.

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

But arent you then denying the democratic will of the democratic people to democratically vote for her if the want to, democratically?

It's just my own personal opinion that Anna Soubry is an unfit  person to be elected to any position. You're quite correct, if she stands for any elected position then it is up to the electorate to decide if they personally want to vote for a candidate who only respects democracy when it suits their own personal views.

2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

What, you mean the inconclusive result in a non-binding referendum in 2016?  Funny, I don't respect it either considering what's happened since.

Parliament have passed laws since the EU referendum vote to confirm the UK are leaving the EU.  The issue of non - binding is now irrelevant.  You're not the only Sheffield Forum Member to have no respect for democracy.

Edited by Lockdoctor

41 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Anna Soubry like every MP should be supporting Brexit because Leave won the democratic vote and every constituency have people who voted to leave the EU.

complete rubbish, mps have their own opinions like everybody else, they are human after all. They also have to think what is good for their constituents and also the country...brexit is NOT good for that

6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

complete rubbish, mps have their own opinions like everybody else, they are human after all. They also have to think what is good for their constituents and also the country...brexit is NOT good for that

Mmm. They didnt seem to take that into account when they voted overwhelmingly to hold the referendum in the first place or when they later sanctioned the result and passed the triggering of A50 into law.