The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

15 minutes ago, L00b said:

Meanwhile v2.0,  yesterday the Home Office also confirmed post-Brexit residency requirements for EUalreadyinUK. On the quiet of course.

For his £65 fee to keep the right to stay in his own home and job, perhaps tjizlstra can organise a whip round of all those Brexiteer SFers who consistently posted that 'nothing would change' for settled EU migrants for the past 2+ years?

Slow clap, lads, slow clap.

You butchered my name ;) the sentiment is correct though. Not only that - nobody has actually bothered to explain what ‘settled’ means. So as pointed out before, in ten years time some Sajid Javid type might decide that I am akin to the current ‘Windrush’ generation. 

4 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

You butchered my name ;) the sentiment is correct though. Not only that - nobody has actually bothered to explain what ‘settled’ means. So as pointed out before, in ten years time some Sajid Javid type might decide that I am akin to the current ‘Windrush’ generation. 

I apologise profusely :blush:

"Settled means settled"

33 minutes ago, L00b said:

Meanwhile v2.0,  yesterday the Home Office also confirmed post-Brexit residency requirements for EUalreadyinUK. On the quiet of course.

Not really on the quiet though as the fee had already been announced by Javid in June.

35 minutes ago, L00b said:

.For his £65 fee to keep the right to stay in his own home and job, perhaps tjizlstra can organise a whip round of all those Brexiteer SFers who consistently posted that 'nothing would change' for settled EU migrants for the past 2+ years?

So what has changed except for introducing a £65 fee? 

14 minutes ago, apelike said:

Not really on the quiet though as the fee had already been announced by Javid in June.

Since around 1973, 3 millions EUinUK came, settled, contributed, loved, married, built lives and families. Likewise for 1.5 millions UKinEU.

Free of charge, with more-or-less equal rights to natives, bar some voting rights.

The Leave campaigns all promised the EUinUK that nothing would change for them. Now they have to pay £65 a head (50% for kids) and hope and pray that their application is successful, for simply staying in their homes, their jobs, with their loved ones, else they be deemed illegal immigrants under threat of deporting.

The current trial run of the system is reportedly shambolic, at a 2,000 applicants per week through-rate. The required average through-rate between the start live date of  system (in 83 days) and the transition end date, is 29,000 applicants per week. This will end well.

I can see that you are apparently content with this government-sanctioned goal post moving pitch relocating being done in your name. You really should feel so proud :roll:

Edited by L00b

5 minutes ago, L00b said:

Since around 1973, 3 millions EUinUK came, settled, contributed, loved, married. Likewise for 1.5 millions UKinEU.

Free of charge, with more-or-less equal rights to natives, bar some voting rights.

So apart from the £65 registration fee what has changed?

4 minutes ago, apelike said:

What do you understand of the noun 'empathy'?

Edited by SnailyBoy

Just now, apelike said:

Not going there, you can keep on casting.

Edited by L00b

1 minute ago, SnailyBoy said:

What do you understand of the term 'empathy'?

The ability to understand the feelings of another, yes I do... Unfortunately the remainers of SF seem to disagree with the definition.:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, L00b said:

Not going there, you can keep on casting.

Maybe thats because nothing has/will change except to introduce a £65 fee which as pointed out was first put forward in June and not done on the quiet.

5 minutes ago, apelike said:

The ability to understand the feelings of another, yes I do... Unfortunately the remainers of SF seem to disagree with the definition.:rolleyes:

So expanding that, how do you think EU citizens living and wanting to remain in the UK feel about the residency requirements/process, including the £65 fee?

Edited by SnailyBoy

15 minutes ago, apelike said:

“So what has changed apart from”

What a dismissive phrase.

I wish that all the electorate would at least take the opportunity to consider what has changed in the meaning of Brexit since 2016.

The facts and probabilities are so much more evident now,and may have confirmed or altered your views.

Everyone is entitled to their views ,but for Politicians,news commentators and individuals to say that  a People’s vote  is undemocratic ....well that Is undemocratic.

Whatever the outcome,I would feel that it is a decision that is taken with the best information available to the electorate.

Remainers are accused of calling Brexiteer’s stupid for voting to leave.

We may disagree but I am sure that there are similar levels of intelligence on either side of the divide.

What is stupid is failing to consider all the ramifications in taking into account all known information,whether taking personal decisions,business decisions or Brexit.

2 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

So expanding that, how do you think EU citizens living and wanting to remain in the UK feel about the residency requirements/process, including the £65 fee?

Sorry Dr.Fraud I cant say as I have not spoken to any and am not lying on your couch.

1 minute ago, apelike said:

Maybe thats because nothing has/will change except to introduce a £65 fee which as pointed out was first put forward in June and not done on the quiet.

You keep telling yourself that, and in the meantime leave us in ever less doubt about your views on life and equitability.