Jump to content

The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Really?

 

What have they decided?

The people who got off their arses to vote decided they wanted out of the EU in the referendum, it’s up to the govt to decide how we leave end of no ifs no buts no second bite at the referendum cherry etc etc.

 

Edited by mafya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mafya said:

The people who got off their arses to vote decided they wanted out of the EU in the referendum, it’s up to the govt to decide how we leave end of no ifs no buts no second bite at the referendum cherry etc etc.

 

You could shout this from the rooftop and paint it bright yellow on the viaduct, yet remoaners still wouldn't listen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

You could shout this from the rooftop and paint it bright yellow on the viaduct, yet remoaners still wouldn't listen. 

We listen and then respond that we would like to know exactly what version of Brexit will be accepted by the 52% of the electorate who voted to leave the EU.

If you Brexit guys cannot reach a consensus why should we fall in line.

Is it to be May’s agreement or walk away with no deal,or some other proposal.

Sleepwalking towards a deal that benefits nobody seems to be wanted by some just to back the 2016 poll.Thats the stupidity that manydo not accept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

How is that good news?

 

It’s a prediction that we will suffer but not for as long as originally expected.

 

The alternative is not suffering at all. Now  thats good news.

 

Forget the bogus pro-Brexit arguments. Let the people decide.

 

 

They already have and it was leave, I thought with all your posts you knew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mafya said:

The people who got off their arses to vote decided they wanted out of the EU in the referendum, it’s up to the govt to decide how we leave end of no ifs no buts no second bite at the referendum cherry etc etc.

 

Well, some people expressed that preference based on lies and propaganda in an advisory referendum of disputed legality.

 

But what did they really decide?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

You could shout this from the rooftop and paint it bright yellow on the viaduct, yet remoaners still wouldn't listen. 

I'm a remoaner, as you might characterise it, but I agree.

There was a vote. The terms were clear, the question was clear, the answer was clear. Close, but clear.

The time for calling it into question  was before polling day, not after.

However, the size of the majority, and the circumstances by which it was obtained means that there isn't a mandate for a no-deal brexit. Which is exactly what we'll get if Parliament doesn't pass a bill to delay or revoke A50.

That will constitute a massive failure of government, with serious consequences for a great, great number of people.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

You could shout this from the rooftop and paint it bright yellow on the viaduct, yet remoaners still wouldn't listen. 

Listen to what?

 

The government cabinet alone seems to have at least four versions of Brexit.

 

Nobody agrees on what they want.

 

And each version on the table is only the interpretation of a small cabal of people.

 

So, I’ll listen when there is something clear to listen to.

 

In themeantime it’s safer to remain while the people get s chance to sort out the mess the (mainly Brexiter) politicians have created

Edited by I1L2T3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

More Brexit Good News

 

Britain will likely lose its place as the sixth biggest economy to France next year due to Brexit-related disruption, but should regain that position by 2023.

 

Brexit will be no more than a blip economically, making us wonder if the supposed economic benefits of belonging to an economic and political union have been wildly exaggerated by those who ride (or wish to ride) the EU gravy train?

 

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-global-economy-league/emerging-nations-will-take-longer-to-outpace-developed-economies-cebr-idUKKCN1OP005

Also -

Did you read the next article:

"“The biggest risk in the short term is Brexit,” said Dieter Kempf, president of the BDI industry association.

If Britain left the EU in March without any agreement on its future relations with the bloc, this would create massive uncertainties for trade and business, Kempf warned.

“The British economy would face the direct threat of a recession which would indirectly also affect Germany,” Kempf said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lottiecass said:

They already have and it was leave, I thought with all your posts you knew.

Yes and I’ve respected that for two years+

 

I’ve made my views known but the whole of that time Brexiters have been in charge of the process.

 

They have screwed up the process and put prosperity and lives at risk.

 

They have had the chance they always wanted, but they are still arguing with each other 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Yes and I’ve respected that for two years+

 

I’ve made my views known but the whole of that time Brexiters have been in charge of the process.

 

They have screwed up the process and put prosperity and lives at risk.

 

They have had the chance they always wanted, but they are still arguing with each other 

This is the crucial bit that remainers can't grasp.

It's the GOVERNMENT that can't get their eggs together, not the brexiteers. 

Everybody wants a solution, both sides. Nobody wants a boobs up deal as that's pretty corrosive to everybody on all sides but it's not unfixable. If the remain camp think for one minute that brexit will finish the UK and put lives at risk and god only knows what else, honestly pal, they need their heads looking at.

The vote was a clear in or out. The rest is up to the politicians that WE elect. 

History has a habit of change and this is no different. Who knows in X years time, there may be a referendum to join America or Vietnam into a super anti-carrier bag state.

Europe is just across the water and the whole world has managed to trade for decades with each other before we became financially burdened to it and not one single country will put its own economic structure at peril in order to appease the FAILING and utterly incompetent EU. They implement a new directive daily that fails and increase contribution to facilitate it.

We may just be the little men but why are so many big businesses also in favour of leave? Do you and the rest of the remain camp know something they don't?? Too much propaganda coming from remain, constantly threatening the end of civilization as we know it. A shameful show of undemocratic and utterly blinkered opinions that are fuelling this whole process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

This is the crucial bit that remainers can't grasp.

It's the GOVERNMENT that can't get their eggs together, not the brexiteers. 

Everybody wants a solution, both sides. Nobody wants a boobs up deal as that's pretty corrosive to everybody on all sides but it's not unfixable. If the remain camp think for one minute that brexit will finish the UK and put lives at risk and god only knows what else, honestly pal, they need their heads looking at.

The vote was a clear in or out. The rest is up to the politicians that WE elect. 

History has a habit of change and this is no different. Who knows in X years time, there may be a referendum to join America or Vietnam into a super anti-carrier bag state.

Europe is just across the water and the whole world has managed to trade for decades with each other before we became financially burdened to it and not one single country will put its own economic structure at peril in order to appease the FAILING and utterly incompetent EU. They implement a new directive daily that fails and increase contribution to facilitate it.

We may just be the little men but why are so many big businesses also in favour of leave? Do you and the rest of the remain camp know something they don't?? Too much propaganda coming from remain, constantly threatening the end of civilization as we know it. A shameful show of undemocratic and utterly blinkered opinions that are fuelling this whole process. 

If the Brexiteers had been in charge the Tory party would have imploded and the government would have collapsed.

 

You want unicorns. You can’t have them. They aren’t real

 

You can’t blame everybody else because unicorns aren’t real

 

A mule with an ice cream cone on its head is what May is offering. It’s the closest you are going to get.

Edited by I1L2T3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

Well, some people expressed that preference based on lies and propaganda in an advisory referendum of disputed legality.

Oh dear, not the old "it was only advisory" bit that has been done to death many, many times on this forum, and it seems the only person that disputes its legality is you. It will be"think of the children" next. Oh, hang on.. I think that has also been done to death!

Edited by apelike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.