The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

More Brexit Good News

Britain will likely lose its place as the sixth biggest economy to France next year due to Brexit-related disruption, but should regain that position by 2023.

Brexit will be no more than a blip economically, making us wonder if the supposed economic benefits of belonging to an economic and political union have been wildly exaggerated by those who ride (or wish to ride) the EU gravy train?

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-global-economy-league/emerging-nations-will-take-longer-to-outpace-developed-economies-cebr-idUKKCN1OP005

Also -

Did you read the next article:

"“The biggest risk in the short term is Brexit,” said Dieter Kempf, president of the BDI industry association.

If Britain left the EU in March without any agreement on its future relations with the bloc, this would create massive uncertainties for trade and business, Kempf warned.

“The British economy would face the direct threat of a recession which would indirectly also affect Germany,” Kempf said.

7 minutes ago, lottiecass said:

They already have and it was leave, I thought with all your posts you knew.

Yes and I’ve respected that for two years+

I’ve made my views known but the whole of that time Brexiters have been in charge of the process.

They have screwed up the process and put prosperity and lives at risk.

They have had the chance they always wanted, but they are still arguing with each other 

10 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Yes and I’ve respected that for two years+

I’ve made my views known but the whole of that time Brexiters have been in charge of the process.

They have screwed up the process and put prosperity and lives at risk.

They have had the chance they always wanted, but they are still arguing with each other 

This is the crucial bit that remainers can't grasp.

It's the GOVERNMENT that can't get their eggs together, not the brexiteers. 

Everybody wants a solution, both sides. Nobody wants a boobs up deal as that's pretty corrosive to everybody on all sides but it's not unfixable. If the remain camp think for one minute that brexit will finish the UK and put lives at risk and god only knows what else, honestly pal, they need their heads looking at.

The vote was a clear in or out. The rest is up to the politicians that WE elect. 

History has a habit of change and this is no different. Who knows in X years time, there may be a referendum to join America or Vietnam into a super anti-carrier bag state.

Europe is just across the water and the whole world has managed to trade for decades with each other before we became financially burdened to it and not one single country will put its own economic structure at peril in order to appease the FAILING and utterly incompetent EU. They implement a new directive daily that fails and increase contribution to facilitate it.

We may just be the little men but why are so many big businesses also in favour of leave? Do you and the rest of the remain camp know something they don't?? Too much propaganda coming from remain, constantly threatening the end of civilization as we know it. A shameful show of undemocratic and utterly blinkered opinions that are fuelling this whole process. 

10 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

Everybody wants a solution, both sides. Nobody wants a boobs up deal as that's pretty corrosive to everybody on all sides but it's not unfixable. If the remain camp think for one minute that brexit will finish the UK and put lives at risk and god only knows what else, honestly pal, they need their heads looking at.

The vote was a clear in or out. The rest is up to the politicians that WE elect. 

History has a habit of change and this is no different. Who knows in X years time, there may be a referendum to join America or Vietnam into a super anti-carrier bag state.

Europe is just across the water and the whole world has managed to trade for decades with each other before we became financially burdened to it and not one single country will put its own economic structure at peril in order to appease the FAILING and utterly incompetent EU. They implement a new directive daily that fails and increase contribution to facilitate it.

We may just be the little men but why are so many big businesses also in favour of leave? Do you and the rest of the remain camp know something they don't?? Too much propaganda coming from remain, constantly threatening the end of civilization as we know it. A shameful show of undemocratic and utterly blinkered opinions that are fuelling this whole process. 

If the Brexiteers had been in charge the Tory party would have imploded and the government would have collapsed.

You want unicorns. You can’t have them. They aren’t real

You can’t blame everybody else because unicorns aren’t real

A mule with an ice cream cone on its head is what May is offering. It’s the closest you are going to get.

Edited by I1L2T3

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

Well, some people expressed that preference based on lies and propaganda in an advisory referendum of disputed legality.

Oh dear, not the old "it was only advisory" bit that has been done to death many, many times on this forum, and it seems the only person that disputes its legality is you. It will be"think of the children" next. Oh, hang on.. I think that has also been done to death!

Edited by apelike

7 hours ago, BrexitGuy said:

8 hours ago, mafya said:

The people who got off their arses to vote decided they wanted out of the EU in the referendum, it’s up to the govt to decide how we leave end of no ifs no buts no second bite at the referendum cherry etc etc.

You two will be supporting Mays deal then? After all it is out.

7 hours ago, apelike said:

Oh dear, not the old "it was only advisory" bit that has been done to death many, many times on this forum, and it seems the only person that disputes its legality is you. It will be"think of the children" next. Oh, hang on.. I think that has also been done to death!

Plenty of people dispute the legality

As for the advisory nature of the referendum that will be of vital importance in the post mortem 

3 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Plenty of people dispute the legality

Any pending court challenges then?

3 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

As for the advisory nature of the referendum that will be of vital importance in the post mortem 

Why? It is common knowledge that referendums in the UK are of an advisory nature unless parliament decrees otherwise beforehand as they did with the AV referendum. But parliament can also rule that the result of an advisory referendum can also be enacted upon especially so here as they knew Cameron had also promised the people the same. The mistake Cameron and parliament made was expecting an overwhelming remain vote and not planning at all for a leave vote. 

52 minutes ago, apelike said:

Any pending court challenges then?

What do you mean by court challenges? I’ve never heard of that.

1 hour ago, mafya said:

That's all good and well, but what any country in the eu feels, I don't really care. I live in the UK so care about what happens to us.

They have 27 economies, we have 1, safety in numbers.