Jump to content

The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, retep said:

Shows how out of touch tarzan is,

 

"He also suggested Labour would eventually turn against Brexit and the Conservatives would be “left holding the baby”, as leaving the EU grows more unpopular."

Most likely, it's what the majority of members want to happen.

 

Quote

Jeremy Corbyn is facing a storm of criticism from Labour activists and MPs after suggesting he would press ahead with Brexit if the party won a snap general election.

Labour won't win a GE on those terms.... it's just repeating what May has done, and would be hugely unpopular.

 

Heseltine is probably right :rolleyes:

 

 

Edited by Magilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ez8004 said:

Prove to me that the UK economy hasn't benefited far more than £8.9bn due to businesses and consumers having tariff free access to the world's largest trading bloc.

 

You won't because you can't.

I've asked this question why would they have to be any tariffs between the EU & UK it would surely be beneficial for both sides to have none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ez8004 said:

Prove to me that the UK economy hasn't benefited far more than £8.9bn due to businesses and consumers having tariff free access to the world's largest trading bloc.

 

You won't because you can't.

The economy might have benefited, but a growing economy and rising GDP DOES NOT raise the wages and family incomes of the poorest in society. It does raise the salaries and bonuses of the top CEO's. Making the economy bigger has certainly made the rich much much richer, while the poor have scarcely benefited in forty years.

 

Things haven't got better for the poor by having 'tarrif free access to the world's largest trading bloc' either.

 

Increasing inequality is a direct result of our EU membership. The globalisation of the production and labour markets, mass immigration of low skilled workers, declining unionisation are all caused by inbuilt market induced inequality. The markets, of course, are sacrosanct to the EU. The EU was created and exists to service their needs.

 

EU inspired economic growth does in fact do little to reduce poverty and inequality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The globalisation of the production and labour markets, mass immigration of low skilled workers, declining unionisation are all caused by inbuilt market induced inequality. 

In a post Brexit, low wage, low regulation economy, is unionisation likey to 

 

a) Increase

 

b) Decrease

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

I've asked this question why would they have to be any tariffs between the EU & UK it would surely be beneficial for both sides to have none.

Only if we adhere to EU standards and commit to a level playing field just like any other country that wants to trade with the EU

 

If like China a country tries to dump goods then expect tariffs. If you don’t meet the standards your good won’t get past the dockyard.

 

These are fundamental basic facts.

 

If on the other hand you don’t want to trade in unfair ways, and are happy to meet the standards then happy days.

 

Your lesson ends there. It couldn’t be simpler

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

The economy might have benefited, but a growing economy and rising GDP DOES NOT raise the wages and family incomes of the poorest in society. It does raise the salaries and bonuses of the top CEO's. Making the economy bigger has certainly made the rich much much richer, while the poor have scarcely benefited in forty years.

 

Things haven't got better for the poor by having 'tarrif free access to the world's largest trading bloc' either.

 

Increasing inequality is a direct result of our EU membership. The globalisation of the production and labour markets, mass immigration of low skilled workers, declining unionisation are all caused by inbuilt market induced inequality. The markets, of course, are sacrosanct to the EU. The EU was created and exists to service their needs.

 

EU inspired economic growth does in fact do little to reduce poverty and inequality.

The solution is not to leave the EU.

 

The solution is to have a more caring government.

 

Leaving the EU offers no guarantee of that happening.

 

Your lesson ends there

Edited by I1L2T3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

The economy might have benefited, but a growing economy and rising GDP DOES NOT raise the wages and family incomes of the poorest in society. It does raise the salaries and bonuses of the top CEO's. Making the economy bigger has certainly made the rich much much richer, while the poor have scarcely benefited in forty years.

 

Things haven't got better for the poor by having 'tarrif free access to the world's largest trading bloc' either.

 

Increasing inequality is a direct result of our EU membership. The globalisation of the production and labour markets, mass immigration of low skilled workers, declining unionisation are all caused by inbuilt market induced inequality. The markets, of course, are sacrosanct to the EU. The EU was created and exists to service their needs.

 

EU inspired economic growth does in fact do little to reduce poverty and inequality.

Look at this map: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gini_coefficient#/media/File%3A2014_Gini_Index_World_Map%2C_income_inequality_distribution_by_country_per_World_Bank.svg 

 

now tell me how being out of the EU helps with income disparity again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Only if we adhere to EU standards and commit to a level playing field just like any other country that wants to trade with the EU

 

If like China a country tries to dump goods then expect tariffs. If you don’t meet the standards your good won’t get past the dockyard.

 

These are fundamental basic facts.

 

If on the other hand you don’t want to trade in unfair ways, and are happy to meet the standards then happy days.

 

Your lesson ends there. It couldn’t be simpler

The solution is not to leave the EU.

 

The solution is to have a more caring government.

 

Leaving the EU offers no guarantee of that happening.

 

Your lesson ends there

Haven't our standards been ok up to now ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Haven't our standards been ok up to now ?

Nope! Our water standard and beach standards were awful until the EU pushed us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Haven't our standards been ok up to now ?

Because they are EU standards....

 

Give me strength. Please Lord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Because they are EU standards....

 

Give me strength. Please Lord.

It may have escaped your notice but up until the UK leaves we are still part of the EU so the standards are also ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, retep said:

It may have escaped your notice but up until the UK leaves we are still part of the EU so the standards are also ours.

You surpass yourself Peter, this is an amazing realisation of the fact that the UK can not only set its own standards, but also that the EU standards that have been adopted make a difference. Merry Christmas to you and your awakening to facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, retep said:

It may have escaped your notice but up until the UK leaves we are still part of the EU so the standards are also ours.

Astounding deduction skills.

 

Could we....possibly.....be starting to make Brexiters understand basic facts.

 

Tomorrow’s lesson: water is wet, and fire is hot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.