Jump to content

The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Recommended Posts

Just now, Magilla said:

Hardly, you just proved my BrexitGuy/Mr.Microphone theory all over again :hihi:

 

 

Just now, Magilla said:

Hardly, you just proved my BrexitGuy/Mr.Microphone theory all over again :hihi:

 

Ha!! If thats the best youve got its no wonder your answers are usually theories 💩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Maybe it's just an anti-stupidity rant?

That's not a rant, trust me. I usually cop a ban when I do rant 😂

 

Good to see the moaning, though. Means the provoking is getting at least some of the message through. Just so they can't ever say they didn't know (...once it becomes obvious that this is the better paradigm to adopt for replacing the old "we knew what we were voting for", come mid-April 2019 😈).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

Ha!! If thats the best youve got its no wonder your answers are usually theories 💩

Like evolution, it was a theory... but now the evidence you provided clearly shows it is proved :thumbsup:

 

2 minutes ago, L00b said:

Good to see the moaning, though. Means the provoking is getting at least some of the message through.

You would have thought "You can't have your cake and eat it" was a fairly simple message :?

Edited by Magilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

Have they agreed to discuss options with the PM to get a deal sorted? 

No, tbey havent. They've got stroppy and said no more discussions and the UK will leave on March 29th.

Thats the EU not listening to the remain camp airing their views. Nothing to do with the leave campaign as that stance hasn't changed. 

They have been discussing this deal for two years and its been agreed by the British government, its parliament who may not accept it. it's the uk who decided to leave on March 29th  not the eu who decided the date. 

 

The deal is essentially the best on offer, on the whole I'm quite happy with it. The mps should vote to accept it then move on to sort some of the other pressing problems we face

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

Its a bit like you handing all your personal affairs to a complete stranger, and asking them to run your life for you. 

Is that really your understanding of Britain's membership of the EU?

 

Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrexitGuy said:

Have they agreed to discuss options with the PM to get a deal sorted? 

No, tbey havent. They've got stroppy and said no more discussions and the UK will leave on March 29th.

Thats the EU not listening to the remain camp airing their views. Nothing to do with the leave campaign as that stance hasn't changed. 

Discuss options? Got stroppy?

 

EU politicians are bewildered about what the UK actually wants. If the UK does not want the backstop option for the Irish border then there is the option of treating Northern Ireland different to the rest of the UK - but the UK does not want that either. Its up to the UK Parliament to agree a workable solution to the Irish border and put this forward. 

 

Parliament cannot agree because of course the public was sold so many variants of Brexit. The reasons given for Brexit have collapsed one by one until we are left with "we voted for it". And what is "it"? The Brexit with "the exact same benefits"? The Brexit that will be "the easiest trade deal in history"? The one where we remain in the single market? The EEA Brexit? The Canada-style agreement?

 

It is up to Parliament to decide its proposal to the rest of the EU members, not for them to try and guess what Brexit means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

Have they agreed to discuss options with the PM to get a deal sorted? 

Sure did. And then discussed options and sorted an interim deal for the past 630 days or so.

 

The withdrawal agreement is your discussed options, fully respecting the referendum outcome and the PM's red lines.

 

Sign here, please. Or don't. Them's your options.

Edited by L00b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, andyofborg said:

The deal is essentially the best on offer, on the whole I'm quite happy with it.

It's nowhere near the best on offer, it's the best/least worst the UK is prepared to accept..... but I get your drift.

 

Just now, andyofborg said:

The mps should vote to accept it then move on to sort some of the other pressing problems we face

Unfortunately, those other problems are seriously exasperated because of this one :?

 

It's weird that the best offer now seems to be which leg to chop off :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Is that really your understanding of Britain's membership of the EU?

 

Really?

Well where do you think a permanent inclusion into the EU will take us? You only have to listen to the remoaners on here to see it will ultimately end up as one solid state. It wont be long before Tescos photo booth will only take euros. Is that what you want? There are many ways we can go within the EU but it will come at a cost where the UK will lose its sovereignty and become just another branch of the new worlds state of Europe. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Magilla said:

You would have thought "You can't have your cake and eat it" was a fairly simple message :?

Pretty sure I was posting to debunk that narrative even before the referendum. The problem was nevee the message, however simple: it's always been the hearing filter of the message recipients.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BrexitGuy said:

Well where do you think a permanent inclusion into the EU will take us? You only have to listen to the remoaners on here to see it will ultimately end up as one solid state. It wont be long before Tescos photo booth will only take euros. Is that what you want? There are many ways we can go within the EU but it will come at a cost where the UK will lose its sovereignty and become just another branch of the new worlds state of Europe. 

 

more lies...when did we sign up to the euro? in fact theres plenty of times we told the EU to stuff it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get what you're saying too but unfortunately many of the problems we face need cold hard cash.

 

Entering a deal where even the Bank of England and the government's own economic forecasters say will make us measureably poorer, is just plain reckless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.