The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Gove turned it down because he wanted to renegotiate and didn't want Mrs May to put him on the sidelines like she has done to the previous Brexit secretaries.

---------- Post added 16-11-2018 at 07:53 ----------

May's deal make the UK a prisoner of the EU without a get out of jail card.

Project fear

Project fear

Don't be silly. Shailesh Vara voted remain and resigned yesterday because he couldn't support Mrs May's agreement. Shailesh Vara is a lawyer and rightly reads contracts properly.

He said the Tory leader's plans "leave the UK in a halfway house with no time limit on when we will finally be a sovereign nation". Mr Vara, the Tory MP for North West Cambridgeshire, was promoted to his Government post in July, having previously been a parliamentary private secretary in the Northern Ireland Office. In a statement posted on Twitter, he said: "We are a proud nation and it is a sad day when we are reduced to obeying rules made by other countries who have shown that they do not have our best interests at heart"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1045631/Brexit-news-Shailesh-Vara-quits-nothern-ireland-minister-theresa-may-brexit-deal

Gove turned it down because he wanted to renegotiate and didn't want Mrs May to put him on the sidelines like she has done to the previous Brexit secretaries.
Gove (or Corbin/Labour even) can say or want whatever they want: there’s nothing to renegotiate.

I told you yesterday on the thread, and the EU27 have since confirmed in the clear per this morning’s news.

Your choices are: the withdrawal agreement, no deal, or remain. End of.

Choose wisely.

As for the guff about sovereignty (again :roll:), the delicious irony is that the projected consequences of this deal, turning the U.K. from an EU rule-maker (and veto-er) to an EU rule-taker, confirm exactly what we remainers (and the Courts, later) had been saying all along: that the U.K. was sovereign as an EU member state.

Edited by L00b

Gove (or Corbin/Labour even) can say or want whatever they want: there’s nothing to renegotiate.

I told you yesterday on the thread, and the EU27 have since confirmed in the clear per this morning’s news.

Your choices are: the withdrawal agreement, no deal, or remain. End of.

Choose wisely.

As for the guff about sovereignty (again :roll:), the delicious irony is that the projected consequences of this deal, turning the U.K. from an EU rule-maker (and veto-er) to an EU rule-taker, confirm exactly what we remainers (and the Courts, later) had been saying all along: that the U.K. was sovereign as an EU member state.

Of course the EU will be saying there is nothing to renegotiate at the moment before a parliament vote has taken place. A Labour MP sensibly suggested in parliament yesterday that the parliamentary vote about the deal should take place before Mrs May goes to the planned summit. Then the EU would have a chance to make alterations to the withdrawal agreement assuming it is rejected by parliament.

Personally, I think the UK should walk away from the EU without a deal and concentrate on planning for a no Brexit deal.

What amazes me is that we have a PM who is/was a remainer with a Cabinet stuffed with remainers and we are surprised that the so called negotiations have gone belly up.

I despair.

What amazes me is that we have a PM who is/was a remainer with a Cabinet stuffed with remainers and we are surprised that the so called negotiations have gone belly up.

I despair.

Indeed, but that's mainly because none of the Brexiteers had the gonads for the job.

As I read on twitter the other day, "You can't quit quicker than a Brexit quitter."

So.. he isn't up to the job. The stark reality. He is a Brexiteer so no surprise.

May's deal make the UK a prisoner of the EU without a get out of jail card.

I see he's not resigning either, so he must think the deal is OK ;)

Indeed, but that's mainly because none of the Brexiteers had the gonads for the job.

As I read on twitter the other day, "You can't quit quicker than a Brexit quitter."

That's utter nonsense. The reason why Brexiteers have resigned is because their views are being ignored by Mrs May, who is the one that has been leading Brexit negotiations. Mrs May has also ignored the DUP, who have repeatedly told her they couldn't accept any agreement which doesn't treat Northern Ireland the same as the rest of the UK.

Of course the EU will be saying there is nothing to renegotiate at the moment before a parliament vote has taken place. A Labour MP sensibly suggested in parliament yesterday that the parliamentary vote about the deal should take place before Mrs May goes to the planned summit. Then the EU would have a chance to make alterations to the withdrawal agreement assuming it is rejected by parliament.

The EU aren't making changes, they've said as much. They've bent over backwards, this is the best deal we were ever likely to get.

For the EU, no deal is better than a deal that undermines the single market.

Personally, I think the UK should walk away from the EU without a deal and concentrate on planning for a no Brexit deal.

So what's your solution to the NI border?... oh, you don't have one ;)

Pure delusion!

So.. he isn't up to the job. The stark reality. He is a Brexiteer so no surprise.

To use a cricketing term. There is no point in going out to bat, if your captain want give you a cricket bat to score runs with.

That's utter nonsense.

It's been proven to be completely true! :hihi:

The reason why Brexiteers have resigned is because their views are being ignored by Mrs May, who is the one that has been leading Brexit negotiations.

A nice get out of jail card for the Brexiteers, but of course, it's not really true. It just means they weren't good enough to deliver, so May had to step in.

Brexiteers are asking for an undeliverable fantasy, so of course they can't deliver.

Mrs May has also ignored the DUP, who have repeatedly told her they couldn't accept any agreement which doesn't treat Northern Ireland the same as the rest of the UK.

You've just suggested throwing them under the bus by going for no-deal, which will involve border checks and a re-start of the troubles.

So much for NI.... eh :loopy:

---------- Post added 16-11-2018 at 10:31 ----------

To use a cricketing term. There is no point in going out to bat, if your captain want give you a cricket bat to score runs with.

A more accurate analogy... they had the bat, but were holding it upside down and facing the wrong direction.

Edited by Magilla

The EU aren't making changes, they've said as much. They've bent over backwards, this is the best deal we were ever likely to get.

For the EU, no deal is better than a deal that undermines the single market.

So what's your solution to the NI border?... oh, you don't have one ;)

Pure delusion!

Already stated before that there isn't going to be a hard border regardless of whether there is a Brexit deal. The NI border has shamefully been used as an excuse by those not accepting the referendum result and the EU in an attempt to stop the democratic wishes of the whole of the UK being carried out.