The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Obviously in your World, Germany must be doing something badly wrong by managing to have a big trade surplus with the rest of the combined EU.

So your solution is to exit the club, raise trade barriers to every nation on the planet and what, fiddle whilst the country burns? :huh:

The key word here is 'goods', Germany makes more things than the UK do and I guess, the rest of the EU

Germany however has a negative balance the trade of services with the rest of the EU.

I bet they're rubbing their hands at the prospect of decreasing that negative balance at the expense of the UK.

The key word is 'export' and Germany are an export nation unlike the UK which is an import nation. Germany have been rubbing their hands at the UK's expense for many years especially after the EU expanded to give Germany more tariff free export markets. Germany are the biggest contributor to the EU budget, but it is good value for them because they benefit from a big trade surplus. However, the UK are one of the biggest contributors to the budget, but because the UK have such a massive trade deficit with the EU, the UK contributions are far from good value for money.

---------- Post added 08-10-2018 at 21:22 ----------

Well it must be good, Donald trump pulled the US out within 3 days of his inauguration. I think the EU have also signed a free trade deal with japan recently.

So, I'll get the bunting out, but not a lot of it.

Donald Trump wants to reduce the US trade deficit with Japan which is why he is renegotiating agreements.

Sorry, this post violates the terms and conditions of a Brexit thread. Your post is considered to contain potentially positive outcome of Brexit.

Don't worry though, Loob will be along shortly to put a negative outcome on it.

Sorry to disappoint, couldn't catch up with the news ot the thread lately.

Busy fighting the visiting Irish about grabbing ex-UK IP work at a local space tech-themed conference.

So your solution is to exit the club, raise trade barriers to every nation on the planet and what, fiddle whilst the country burns? :huh:

The UK democratic people decided to exit the club. We don't know whether there will be a free trade agreement between the EU and UK yet.

The UK democratic people decided to exit the club.

The old lie again! :suspect:

The UK democratic people decided to exit the club. We don't know whether there will be a free trade agreement between the EU and UK yet.

The people have (as best we can tell) changed their minds after realising they were lied to and hoodwinked. That's why you're desperately against a second referendum.

Sorry to disappoint, couldn't catch up with the news ot the thread lately.

Busy fighting the visiting Irish about grabbing ex-UK IP work at a local space tech-themed conference.

So are you fighting them with an Irish or French accent :hihi:

The key word is 'export' and Germany are an export nation unlike the UK which is an import nation. Germany have been rubbing their hands at the UK's expense for many years especially after the EU expanded to give Germany more tariff free export markets. Germany are the biggest contributor to the EU budget, but it is good value for them because they benefit from a big trade surplus. However, the UK are one of the biggest contributors to the budget, but because the UK have such a massive trade deficit with the EU, the UK contributions are far from good value for money.

Really?

Let's see your working out, imports/exports, goods, services, contributions etc.

So are you fighting them with an Irish or French accent :hihi:
Northern/Yorkshire (so I've long been told).

Locals & most other people deffo aint got a clue I'm French if I'm speaking English. Brits usually twig I'm not Brit, but can't really place me other than 'Northern'.

French accents (the comedy-thick, René-in-Allo-Allo jobs) make me cringe. And yes, many do speak with an accent just like it. Two of today's French presenters did, a law professor and an Airbus/EADs guy, I confess I struggled a bit :D

Edit: still a hit with the Irish ladies (and the Finnish too, apparently)...but don't tell the Mrs :twisted:

Edited by L00b

Just watched a very depressing Dispatches programme about police inaction on 27% of reported crime.

Those Brextremists who think that we are going back to the 50's where a friendly Bobby gave the local youth a clip round the ear, had better start forming their local vigilantes. Even 16% of violent crime is filed for no further action and the criminologists interviewed say that the 'low level crime' that the police are now ignoring, is also the gateway to more serious offending and therefore the most efficient place to target, in order to reduce overall crime. :suspect:

How to link a completey unrelated story to brexit in one easy step :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 08-10-2018 at 22:54 ----------

The people have (as best we can tell) changed their minds after realising they were lied to and hoodwinked. That's why you're desperately against a second referendum.

I think most people know *bot*h sets of campainers lied.

If there was a second referendum, which also gave a 'leave' result, would that be that, or should we keep having them, until there was an acceptable result?

How to link a completey unrelated story to brexit in one easy step :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 08-10-2018 at 22:54 ----------

I think most people know *bot*h sets of campainers lied.

If there was a second referendum, which also gave a 'leave' result, would that be that, or should we keep having them, until there was an acceptable result?

I very highly doubt there’s going to be a 2nd referendum, because British politics and timescale.

But IF there is, remain will not be an option, again because British politics and timescale.

Accepting your premise, there would not be a 3rd one: *any* form of Brexit would be a shoe-in for *any* British politician (aside perhaps from Clarke, Soubry and Stammer...and I’d have my doubts still about the latter 2).

Really?

Let's see your working out, imports/exports, goods, services, contributions etc.

Not sure what point you are trying to make because balance of trade figures include both goods and services. It's a fact both Germany and the UK are both big net contributors to the EU budget. It's a fact Germany have a big balance of trade surplus with other EU members, but the UK have a big balance of trade deficit with other EU members.