The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

A bit like those happy to buy 'tax-free' cigarettes and booze huh? How many Brits are doing the same thing? how many is 'a lot over here'?

Pump and circumstance refuted by study after study dear Penny, not based on fact.

PS - the UK government chose to allow benefits for migrants, not the EU. Bummer huh?

My bold=

The EU ordered us to do it= https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/351768/Migrants-must-get-benefits-orders-EU

The EU ordered us to do it

No it didn't!

Once again, we get a Brextremist who uses a headline from the Sun, Mail or Express to back up their argument.

And once again, if you read the article it does nothing of the sort.

2/10 :hihi:

That's people that have lived in the UK for 5 years and paid the appropriate taxes.... ie the ones that pay £1.60 for every £1 they use in services.

EU rules never let anyone claim benefit from the day they arrived, as the article makes clear.

Really?

Two and a half years after the vote and with a hell of a lot more information available, most Brexit supporters still don't really know anything about it other than they don't like the EU because it forced us to have bendy bananas, purple passports and immigrants.

Try engaging many of them in any serious debate and all they can do is repeat the same slogans from two years ago.

I tend to think the anti-establishment John Lydon got it right when he stated in support of Brexit:

"Well, here it goes, the working class have spoke and I’m one of them and I’m with them.”

The pro-working class, anti-establishment spirit of punk lives on and opposes the out of touch, EU loving middle class.

I tend to think the anti-establishment John Lydon got it right when he stated in support of Brexit:

Anti-establishment?

You mean the millionaire businessman John Lydon who advertises butter and stated that the only reason he reformed the Pistols was to make a quick buck.

Mind you, his words will ring true on the first of April 2019 when people wake up and find that the rich are still rich, the poor are still poor and there are just as many brown faces as there were the day before.

"Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

A bit like those happy to buy 'tax-free' cigarettes and booze huh? How many Brits are doing the same thing? how many is 'a lot over here'?

Pump and circumstance refuted by study after study dear Penny, not based on fact.

PS - the UK government chose to allow benefits for migrants, not the EU. Bummer huh?

We had no choice to allow EU nationals to come here under the moronic free movement rules.

Depends where we are in the process I guess. Whatever it takes to end this nonsense before 2020

The most likely outcome is the UK will agree to be still effectively in the Customs Union in return for mutual free trade to continue. It would be a good deal for the EU because they export more to the UK than the UK export to the EU and they will be paid the £39bn. As Michael Gove stated future UK Governments will be able to end any agreements and make new agreements with the EU.

The most likely outcome is the UK will agree to be still effectively in the Customs Union in return for mutual free trade to continue. It would be a good deal for the EU because they export more to the UK than the UK export to the EU and they will be paid the £39bn. As Michael Gove stated future UK Governments will be able to end any agreements and make new agreements with the EU.

That would be on lines I would do it though more fuild on services. Northern Ireland would not be an issue has the Custom Union agreement keeps the border fictonless and no checks . The problem would be the more extreme Brexiteers who want an clean break.

If May does manage to push through her version of Brexit it will be questionable who will be the most disappointed us fervent remainers or you fervent Brexiteers.

I suspect the Chequers type settlement will satisfy around half of the Conservative MPs and less than a quarter of the U.K. population.

Not a good time to be a politician I suspect,unless you are a career backbencher.

The problem would be the more extreme Brexiteers who want an clean break.

Not really a problem as they will then be effectively politically emasculated and can therefore be ignored.

They will just end up as vote fodder for the BNP, a revamped UKIP or a new UKIP 2.

If May does manage to push through her version of Brexit it will be questionable who will be the most disappointed us fervent remainers or you fervent Brexiteers.

I suspect the Chequers type settlement will satisfy around half of the Conservative MPs and less than a quarter of the U.K. population.

Not a good time to be a politician I suspect,unless you are a career backbencher.

I've said previously the door is open for a new party in post Brexit Britain because the electorate will still be spilt on Europe. Theirs an chance more parties may emerge one for the remainers ,one for the extreme Brexiteers. We live in an changing political landscape the air of change is blowing strong.