The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

5 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Given the fanatical unwavering views of the poster in question I think my concerns are warranted.

He’s a big lad. Let him speak for himself

Well it's a public forum, so we all comment on each others, unless you just pm each or chat in the pub instead.

Point stands, predicting something doesn't imply promoting it. Often it's the contrary.

My issue was really down to you taking that route as a lazy 'argument winner' .

Ignoring the view of a large proportion of the electorate is thin ice. Some will take it as typical politician behaviour others will drift to the extremes. Either way, it's not big or clever.

28 minutes ago, apelike said:

I notice hundreds turned out at the People Vote Campaign in Sheffield.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/campaigners-gather-in-sheffield-to-call-for-people-s-vote-on-brexit-deal-1-9534043

Lord Hattersley, who was due to speak at the event but could not attend because of health reasons was very patronising in saying ""They voted by a small majority to leave the union, but they had no idea what leaving the union meant."

I doubt, after reading this thread and seeing the shambles in parliament, anyone could be under any illusion... he is absolutely right! (IMHO)

1 minute ago, Magilla said:

I doubt, after reading this thread and seeing the shambles in parliament, anyone could be under any illusion... he is absolutely right! (IMHO)

Let's just ignore them then, and do what you prefer.

3 minutes ago, woodview said:

Let's just ignore them then, and do what you prefer.

He's not advocating what I would really prefer... unlucky :rolleyes:

Just now, Magilla said:

He's not advocating what I would really prefer... unlucky :rolleyes:

He doesn't want all the silly racist Leave voters disenfranchised then rounded up and put in remedial schools and work houses? Thank heavens.

12 minutes ago, woodview said:

He doesn't want all the silly racist Leave voters disenfranchised then rounded up and put in remedial schools and work houses? Thank heavens.

I've no idea, neither of us mentioned rounding them up... you could suggest it since it appears you're the only one suggesting it :thumbsup:

Edited by Magilla

2 minutes ago, Magilla said:

I've no idea, neither of us mentioned that.. you could suggest it if you like :thumbsup:

You did right, keep it under your hat,.

3 minutes ago, woodview said:

You did right, keep it under your hat,.

I don't wear a hat :wink: My cartoon avatar with one, like the benefits of Brexit, isn't real :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

2 minutes ago, Magilla said:

I don't wear a hat :wink: My cartoon avatar with one, like the benefits of Brexit, isn't real :hihi:

My bad, I thought it was a selfie.

Just now, woodview said:

My bad, I thought it was a selfie.

Naturally, you're a leaver! Getting it wrong is a way of life! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, woodview said:

Well it's a public forum, so we all comment on each others, unless you just pm each or chat in the pub instead.

Point stands, predicting something doesn't imply promoting it. Often it's the contrary.

My issue was really down to you taking that route as a lazy 'argument winner' .

Ignoring the view of a large proportion of the electorate is thin ice. Some will take it as typical politician behaviour others will drift to the extremes. Either way, it's not big or clever.

Let’s do this another way.

Who/what does he predict will be attacked, and who does he predict will be the perpetrator?

Locky? Who is in for it?

1 hour ago, woodview said:

I think he wants them to keep their jobs, their homes, their rights, and (what is currently left of) their public services.

My view too. The last thing I want deep down is for people to be damaged through their own stupidity. I do suspect they will need to have a taste of what they’ve done to make them understand but it would be better to avoid that.

Lets be honest when it all goes wrong then the likes of Rees-Mogg are going to say ‘it’s what you wanted’

Edited by I1L2T3

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

Let’s do this another way.

Who/what does he predict will be attacked, and who does he predict will be the perpetrator?

Locky? Who is in for it?

In his post he was talking about extremists and said he wouldn't get involved in anything like that. Are you implying he would? I really don't get what you are on about, beyond trying to paint a picture of normal people being violent.