The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

On 10/01/2019 at 20:20, melthebell said:

ive seen masses of videos with the "brexiters" on youtube shouting it all as gospel too, spinning out the propaganda like their lives depended on it

for the russian sponsored ones it probably does, 

16 hours ago, geared said:

I think Corbyn will get a go before that, he seems to think he can strike the magical deal that the Torys could not.

I guess we find out next week.

I'm not sure he will get a go.

A successful no confidence motion in the government would require the DUP and a number of conservatives to vote for it. When push comes to shove, I don't see enough doing that, especially the DUP. Should he actually pull it off, then he's basically in same situation as May, with non enough MPs across the house to support any outcome. Some sort of government of national unity might be possible, but everything between the various groups seems so bitter, it's hard to see one working and Labour will be haunted by the spectre of Ramsey MacDonald. 

Were he to force a general election by one way or another, there is no guarantee he would win it and also win it with enough MPs who shared his views to force what he wanted through parliament.

and anyway the EU have pretty much rejected what he's suggested so far.

11 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Are you serious?

To "Cutting all ties is as bad as staying in fully"

Yes.

the difference in you and I is clear. I respect the views of those who voted Remain and think their concerns should be considered in the Leave arrangements.

You clearly want the majority who voted Leave to be cometely ignored.

I prefer non-totalitarian politics.

Threat from the far right ? Have you seen the state of those far rightists outside Parliament surrounding Anna Soubry and Owen Jones ? Two sandwiches short of a picnic

4 minutes ago, woodview said:

I respect the views of those who voted Remain and think their concerns should be considered in the Leave arrangements.

That means concessions re: FoM, which seems to have become a "red line" :(

Just now, Magilla said:

That means concessions re: FoM, which seems to have become a "red line" :(

FoM isn't a compromise. It is full unrestricted FoM.

Things like agreeable limits, mutually acceptable work visas for professions needing staff etc are compromises that can be discussed and agreed to suit people's concerns.

5 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Threat from the far right ? Have you seen the state of those far rightists outside Parliament surrounding Anna Soubry and Owen Jones ? Two sandwiches short of a picnic

They interviewed one on the BBC the other day:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/46825821/anna-soubry-protester-it-just-kicked-off

A cringe fest... :loopy:

31 minutes ago, woodview said:

FoM isn't a compromise. It is full unrestricted FoM.

FoM in the UK is and never was without any restrictions.

Of course, the EU has already passed laws that address the majority of problems with free movement which led to Brexit in the first place:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44293265

Things like agreeable limits, mutually acceptable work visas for professions needing staff etc are compromises that can be discussed and agreed to suit people's concerns.

So it's no longer a "right" and totally fails to address remainers concerns.

Edited by Magilla

2 minutes ago, woodview said:

Failure of the mainstream parties to deliver Brexit will give these lowlifes even more ammunition.

Let them have at it! It'll expose/highlight them for what they really are... their actions have already undermined their purported aims and will continue to do so.

15 minutes ago, woodview said:

Failure of the mainstream parties to deliver Brexit will give these lowlifes even more ammunition.

Ammunition to do what exactly? Break the law? If they want a criminal record that screws their own lives then so be it. 

52 minutes ago, woodview said:

Ammunition for what?

35 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

Ammunition to do what exactly? Break the law? If they want a criminal record that screws their own lives then so be it. 

Sorry just seen your post. Exactly what I was thinking.

The sad thing is the underlying incitement for their actions comes from sections of the media, and from MPs acting as mouthpieces for the Russians and dark financial interests.