The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:52 PM, Penistone999 said:

We have already had a vote on weather to leave or stay . Any  future vote should only be a choice of May`s surrender deal or No deal .

Hey Penny, 

I see the person that you chose to go in your avatar a while ago, Jeremy Clarkson, had this to say about Brexiteers:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/interviews/jeremy-clarkson-slams-coffin-dodging-idiots-who-vo/

"Mr Clarkson told LBC’s showbiz reporter, Faye Lyons White, he was concerned for Brits working for big car manufacturers post-Brexit.

Those coffin-dodging idiots who voted for Brexit have just screwed it all up,” he said.

“We may lose a car or two, but think how many thousands of people are going to have their livelihoods absolutely ruined by car firms understandably moving their factories to Slovakia and wherever else.”

Spoiler

I just hope this is reported in the Daily Mail, Express, Sun and Telegraph :P

Not very nice thing to say about those who normally agree with him :partyhat:

Edited by Mister M

This is actually bigger than brexit now. Regardless of what happens. In some ways it's almost immaterial how this all pans out, the damage has been well and truly done.

8 hours ago, Phanerothyme said:

This is actually bigger than brexit now. Regardless of what happens. In some ways it's almost immaterial how this all pans out, the damage has been well and truly done.

Totally. And also in ways some can’t imagine yet.

Maybe the continent will be destabilised. Maybe we will see greatly increased immigration from India, China etc...

At the very least our reputation is destroyed. Who would trust the U.K. in any long-term partnership after this.

Edited by I1L2T3

14 hours ago, andyofborg said:

i would point out, yet again, that may's deal is only for two years while we negotiate the final deal which will be along the lines of the one with Canada.

We've no idea what kind of final trade deal will be made yet, currently they're still arguing over this one.

Some people want a Canada model, some what a Norway model, some think we can get a mix of the two.

Nothing has been agreed yet.

In fact all that is down in writing is one short paragraph in the draft agreement, which doesn't really say much in iteself.

Edited by geared

51 minutes ago, geared said:

We've no idea what kind of final trade deal will be made yet, currently they're still arguing over this one.

Some people want a Canada model, some what a Norway model, some think we can get a mix of the two.

Nothing has been agreed yet.

In fact all that is down in writing is one short paragraph in the draft agreement, which doesn't really say much in iteself.

It does say that the UK will agree to respect the four freedoms, so JIT dependant businesses/organisations (NHS, manufacturing) will be seriously disadvantaged either way.

I was in Oxford earlier this week for business, taking the time to chat with locals and to catch national news between meetings and work: this whole Brexit thing still isn’t going too well for you, is it?

Then again, it didn’t seem that many cared that much, either. At street level, it felt like your country’s got Brexit fatigue and has relegated the affair to background noise / ‘whatever-ism’.

Not a good thing.

8 minutes ago, L00b said:

I was in Oxford earlier this week for business, taking the time to chat with locals and to catch national news between meetings and work: this whole Brexit thing still isn’t going too well for you, is it?

Then again, it didn’t seem that many cared that much, either. At street level, it felt like your country’s got Brexit fatigue and has relegated the affair to background noise / ‘whatever-ism’.

Not a good thing.

I get the same feeling.

Whilst the debate rages in Parliament and the press,I think that many are either bored with the whole thing,or avoid discussion because it leads to heated arguments with little possibility of altering deeply entrenched views.

Logic and facts count for nothing.

As you say this is certainly not a good thing and in particular if it allows a No deal Brexit to slide through.

I remain hopeful that this cannot be allowed to happen,Politicians are paid to look after the well-being of the population and the future of their parties as well as their own careers would suffer if that were the case.

On 9 January 2019 at 18:30, woodview said:

It also has the potential of being 'unfair' e.g example 2 above is a Leave splitter.

Ironically it is Brextremists who will be the architects of their own demise on this matter as it is they, and no one else who will insist that 'no deal' is on the ballot paper as they could never support May's deal even if the only choice was May's deal vs No Brexit.

5 hours ago, alchresearch said:

A very passionate speech and summary of the lack of honesty of both parties who have got us in to this current mess.

I suppose the Remain possibility could only come about if the country is given the opportunity to vote between two options.

Remain or whatever version of Brexit carries the majority of the Leavers camp.

The latter seems as far away as ever..

We can but hope that sanity and truth prevails.