The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

So according to this forum’s logic, he must be a closet Tory, you learn much on this forum, don’t you? :hihi:[/QUOTE]

According to your logic don't you mean?

So...

(...)

Have I missed anything?

You're getting blue passports again...

...Made in France :D

in other words sod Northern Ireland :roll: nice attitude

NI will still be part of the UK . They wont lose out . But leaving means there must be a hard border like we have with the rest of the EU . You cannot make exceptions for one country. If NI dont like that, they are free to leave the UK and join the Republic .

---------- Post added 11-07-2018 at 21:22 ----------

It's false pride. This is what you get with patriotism, it prevents you to admit you are wrong because you'd be against the country for whatever reason. Irrelevant of the outcomes, this is exactly what drove Nazism across the continent in the 20s/30s.

And no, I am not calling Brexiteers Nazis, I am calling them affected by the same social construct.

There isnt enough Patriotism in this country, thats the problem. Maybe if more people were patriotic , rather than wanting to cosy up to Europe , then this country would be a far better place.

NI will still be part of the UK . They wont lose out . But leaving means there must be a hard border like we have with the rest of the EU . You cannot make exceptions for one country. If NI dont like that, they are free to leave the UK and join the Republic .

There isnt enough Patriotism in this country, thats the problem. Maybe if more people were patriotic , rather than wanting to cosy up to Europe , then this country would be a far better place.

I'd have thought a proud patriot would be in the boozer hugging a pint of John Smiths watching England?

Lol. From the man who cons the country every time he can.

What is patriotism?

Isn't it about wanting the best for your country - i.e. not leaving the EU?

As opposed to being selfish, xenophobic and narrow minded?

Just wondered...

The Irish PM said it's time for EU to stop being dogmatic on some of their red lines and give a little after the chequers meeting. The UK is leaving the EU and we will also be out of the SM & CU. the supremacy of the ECJ will also end that sounds like leaving to me..
Except, the Irish PM didn't say that at all. What he actually said, was:

Speaking in the Dáil, Mr Varadkar said:

"If the United Kingdom was able to relax from some of its red lines, then the European Union could be flexible too. I think we are now entering into that space."

Can you tell the difference between his words and your misrepresentation of them?

Do you understand that difference?

NI will still be part of the UK . They wont lose out . But leaving means there must be a hard border like we have with the rest of the EU . You cannot make exceptions for one country. If NI dont like that, they are free to leave the UK and join the Republic.

^^^^^^^^^^

This

Hiya Penny, you alright flower :wave:

The Nuthen Oirish think they can pull the strings and make Theresa Mayhem dance to their tune?

Yeah, right :roll:

Time we got them to return the ONE BEELLION we gave them from our Magic Money Tree, then we can abandon them to Republic :D

I'd have thought a proud patriot would be in the boozer hugging a pint of John Smiths watching England?

Surely we are all patriotic? For your country, your county or the town or village you live in.

If you think patriotism is just for football boozers you need educating.

Paid tax on those ciggies yet?

NI will still be part of the UK . They wont lose out . But leaving means there must be a hard border like we have with the rest of the EU . You cannot make exceptions for one country. If NI dont like that, they are free to leave the UK and join the Republic

How good would you say your knowledge of the history of Ireland is?

Surely we are all patriotic? For your country, your county or the town or village you live in.

If you think patriotism is just for football boozers you need educating.

Maybe I do, educate me about patriotism?