The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Scotland and Wales both currently have regional assemblies. They can have referndums to leave the Uk if they wish, that's their democratic right.
They can’t without (central) Parliament’s say-so.

So much for their ‘democratic right’ to self-determination.

They did that and narrowly stayed, even BEFORE the EU referendum.

You may support a large central government, potentially encompassing additional countries e.g Turkey. I personally don't like the concept.

Ah, the old Turkey-joining-the-EU angle, Project Leave’s very own ‘Project Fear’. Shoe-horned into whattaboutery, no less.

A for style and effort. But an F for content I’m afraid.

I don’t particularly care for the form and size of government. So long as it is functional, respectful of its constitutional boundaries, and benevolent on balance. And I understand the principle, and particularly the geopolitical and social advantages, of pooled aspects of sovereignty. Unlike very many it seems.

Edited by L00b

They can’t without (central) Parliament’s say-so. So much for their ‘democratic right’ to self-determination.

Ah, the old Turkey-joining-the-EU angle, Project Leave’s very own ‘Project Fear’. Shoe-horned into whattaboutery, no less.

A for style and effort. But an F for content I’m afraid.

If they get enough support for a referndum, then they will have to be allowed one, as last time. The comment was more of my opinion, that if they want to have one they can. You just seem to be arguing for the sake of it. They had a referendum before the EU referndum, you are making it cause and effect, when it isn't. They may well have another even if we stay, how does that fit in?

I didn't reference any fear angle, only that an expanding EU exaggerates my concerns with it, i.e the exact topic we were discussing :roll:

If they get enough support for a referndum, then they will have to be allowed one, as last time. The comment was more of my opinion, that if they want to have one they can. You just seem to be arguing for the sake of it. They had a referendum before the EU referndum, you are making it cause and effect, when it isn't. They may well have another even if we stay, how does that fit in?

I didn't reference any fear angle, only that an expanding EU exaggerates my concerns with it, i.e the exact topic we were discussing :roll:

An expanding EU gives us a bigger internal market to sell into...far less complicated than having to neotiate with lots of entities..

An expanding EU gives us a bigger internal market to sell into...far less complicated than having to neotiate with lots of entities..

Well you can also sell to those other countries anyway, I sell to lots of non-EU countries hassle-free, but I get your drift.

Yes, it gives the seamless borders you allude to, that is an advantage. each person has to balance the pros and cons for themselves.

Well you can also sell to those other countries anyway, I sell to lots of non-EU countries hassle-free, but I get your drift.

Yes, it gives the seamless borders you allude to, that is an advantage. each person has to balance the pros and cons for themselves.

It isn't hassle free, there's more paperwork for starters - let alone the need for "donations" in certain countries. Not so the EU.

It isn't hassle free, there's more paperwork for starters - let alone the need for "donations" in certain countries. Not so the EU.

OK, I do it everyday, exporting Sheffield manufactured goods worldwide, EU and non-EU. I don't find it a hassle it takes about 3 seconds longer on a shipment.

I’m not arguing for the sake of it, nor making any parallel to the 2016 referendum, in the least: I’m simply following the logic of your own argument, that further regionalisation is desirable.

You’re the poster dodging my question with a deflection trying to establish that causality.

So why did you pick Turkey as an example? Other countries are much closer to EU accession over time than Turkey.

Ironically enough, the notion of an expanding UK (as mooted by some prominent Leavers wishing for the RoI to return to the Union) goes straight into my question.

OK, I do it everyday, exporting Sheffield manufactured goods worldwide, EU and non-EU. I don't find it a hassle it takes about 3 seconds longer on a shipment.

Under what trade agreement are you exporting at the moment?

I’m not arguing for the sake of it, nor making any parallel to the 2016 referendum, in the least: I’m simply following the logic of your own argument, that further regionalisation is desirable.

You’re the poster dodging my question with a deflection trying to establish that causality.

So why did you pick Turkey as an example? Other countries are much closer to EU accession over time than Turkey.

Ironically enough, the notion of an expanding UK (as mooted by some prominent Leavers wishing for the RoI to return to the Union) goes straight into my question.

Picked Turkey, as they would by then be the largest population member. Bosnia and Serbia could be mentioned instead.

Remeber, we all have a different opinions. I'm not trying to trick you or 'win' an argument, only explaining why my opinion is what it is. I don't mind what you believe, that's what a democracy is all about.

---------- Post added 10-10-2018 at 15:37 ----------

You need to answer some questions from further up, before firing new ones out.

Does Ebay have one? :) (just a joke before anyone gets the hump :) )

Edited by truman

Does Ebay have one? :) (just a joke before anyone gets the hump :) )

Not got the hump, but we are well respected organisation, selling through our own channels worldwide, employing local people, selling to good customers and colleagues in EU, USA, Australia, New Zealand etc Trading with those non-eu countries is not problematic neither is importing from them and others.