The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

5 minutes ago, woodview said:

In his post he was talking about extremists and said he wouldn't get involved in anything like that. Are you implying he would? I really don't get what you are on about, beyond trying to paint a picture of normal people being violent.

And then on  another thread he’s defending James Goddard

2 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

And then on  another thread he’s defending James Goddard

The bloke arresting for shouting at an MP? Doesn't make home a promoter of violence does it?

1 hour ago, woodview said:

The bloke arresting for shouting at an MP? Doesn't make home a promoter of violence does it?

Until you look at his history on social media then arguably it does.

Lets not beat about the bush anymore.

Like Lockdoctor the subtext of your argument is defence of people like Goddard.

I’m quite happy to start posting links of Goddard in action. Want me to? If not then best jog on. 

18 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

You haven't changed your mind and the protesters from both sides  outside the Houses of Parliament haven't changed their minds.  It suits the agenda of people who only respect democracy when the decision mirrors their own choice, to use 'change your mind' as an excuse to cheat others out of democracy.

And to not allow people to change theirs minds (the ones who you say are being cheated out of democracy) is also undemocratic and reeks of a totalitarian regime.

14 hours ago, Magilla said:

Naturally, you're a leaver! Getting it wrong is a way of life! :thumbsup:

“Kenya sells us lots of flowers, which have a short shelf-life, and it currently trades with us on WTO rules. We have no problems there.”

Andrea Jenkyns MP, 9 January 2019

Incorrect. Kenya-EU trade is governed by a trade agreement that supersedes WTO rules and removes tariffs on the import of Kenyan flowers to the EU.

https://fullfact.org/europe/no-kenya-doesnt-export-flowers-eu-wto-terms/?fbclid=IwAR0nwNGKOsUnuM2GuBemVdJMTBTqAusc2dPu5OEpQfZdjwE4wSpBYYk6vDw

23 minutes ago, El Cid said:

“Kenya sells us lots of flowers, which have a short shelf-life, and it currently trades with us on WTO rules. We have no problems there.”

Andrea Jenkyns MP, 9 January 2019

Incorrect. Kenya-EU trade is governed by a trade agreement that supersedes WTO rules and removes tariffs on the import of Kenyan flowers to the EU.

https://fullfact.org/europe/no-kenya-doesnt-export-flowers-eu-wto-terms/?fbclid=IwAR0nwNGKOsUnuM2GuBemVdJMTBTqAusc2dPu5OEpQfZdjwE4wSpBYYk6vDw

Of course, there's literally loads of examples of the same:

https://evolvepolitics.com/watch-knowledgeable-eu-van-driver-utterly-destroys-jacob-rees-moggs-brexit-bluster-with-firsthand-experience-video/

WTO  is the last resort, it's considered a "lifeboat".

Of course, lifeboats are used when the ship is sinking! :suspect:

'Basic questions unanswered' on Swiss trade deal:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46854002

raises the prospect that the freedom of movement of people - which is currently a condition of the deal between the EU and Switzerland - would have to be accepted by the UK

The campaign for the losers vote are getting desperate , they've now rolled out the 'tub of lard' as one of their advocates.

I never realised he was a Lord, I must start eating more cereals as this is the final proof that they must be giving the honours out in the packets of cornflakes. I worked with somebody in the eighties who was involved in local Labour politics and he said then that he would never be half the man his mother was.

The best thing that can be said about him is that he's not Kinnock, another Labour lord who's name rhymes with another seven letter word that best describes him which is an anagram of locklip, something he'd have been better off doing. Another advocate of the EU who managed to work himself a job there, then a job for his wife, then a job for his son, he'd probably got a job lined up for Kinnock the glint in somebody's eye.

Then you've got all the other Labour Lords who are all for the EU, Mandelson, Blunkett, etc.

I can't believe I voted for this lot for the best part of forty years while they were telling us they were going to get rid of the Lords, they soon changed their mind when they were asked to join the gravy train. We are expected to listen to and take notice of this group of shysters, I don't think so.

3 minutes ago, gomgeg said:

The campaign for the losers vote are getting desperate , they've now rolled out the 'tub of lard' as one of their advocates.

I never realised he was a Lord, I must start eating more cereals as this is the final proof that they must be giving the honours out in the packets of cornflakes. I worked with somebody in the eighties who was involved in local Labour politics and he said then that he would never be half the man his mother was.

The best thing that can be said about him is that he's not Kinnock, another Labour lord who's name rhymes with another seven letter word that best describes him which is an anagram of locklip, something he'd have been better off doing. Another advocate of the EU who managed to work himself a job there, then a job for his wife, then a job for his son, he'd probably got a job lined up for Kinnock the glint in somebody's eye.

Then you've got all the other Labour Lords who are all for the EU, Mandelson, Blunkett, etc.

I can't believe I voted for this lot for the best part of forty years while they were telling us they were going to get rid of the Lords, they soon changed their mind when they were asked to join the gravy train. We are expected to listen to and take notice of this group of shysters, I don't think so.

Classic uneducated drivel. If you knew even half of the people in the upper house and what they did to get there then you wouldn’t say what you have. There was a reason they were the equivalent of the Supreme Court before that came into existence. 

16 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46853689

This would give MPs, rather than ministers, control of parliamentary business and sideline the prime minister.”

Parliamentary sovereignty at its best. What’s not to like?

Quite.

It's more preaching to the choir, Express readers.

It'll resonate, but they're not even in the top 10 in terms of readership so you have to wonder about Mays sincerity. Not exactly a serious effort to convince the wider population.

2 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

Classic uneducated drivel. If you knew even half of the people in the upper house and what they did to get there then you wouldn’t say what you have. There was a reason they were the equivalent of the Supreme Court before that came into existence. 

Calm down dear, you'll give yourself a seizure, why don't you relax and go and have a pint instead of spending all your time  scouring the internet for something to upset you.

2 minutes ago, gomgeg said:

Calm down dear, you'll give yourself a seizure, why don't you relax and go and have a pint instead of spending all your time  scouring the internet for something to upset you.

Do you know how to debate? You have a reasonable level of education right? You are supposed to counter with a logical argument or fact based evidence to support your assertions. Learn to play.