The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

10 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You prove my point perfectly! 😂

In a Remain vs May's deal vote, the Brextremists won't be able to bring themselves to vote for May's deal so the Leave vote will be reduced. In a Remain vs May vs No deal vote, the Leave vote will be split and Leave will lose by a by an even  bigger margin. 

The only chance Leave has of winning a second referendum is if it was a re run of the straight Leave/Remain choice.

That is of course providing another is called which is still very unlikely. Some on here predicted one would be held in December and yet are still waiting. In any case having another would only complicate matters and I don't think there is enough support in parliament for one.

Just now, apelike said:

That is of course providing another is called which is still very unlikely. Some on here predicted one would be held in December and yet are still waiting. In any case having another would only complicate matters and I don't think there is enough support in parliament for one.

some wouldve predicted we'd be leaving the EU in 2016....we still dont have a clue whats happening

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

some wouldve predicted we'd be leaving the EU in 2016....we still dont have a clue whats happening

I don't think so as even in 2016 there would still have been a 2 year delay, as for the last bit that is very true.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

I don't think so as even in 2016 there would still have been a 2 year delay, as for the last bit that is very true.

What’s more worrying, those allegedly running the country don’t have a clue either. It’s happening in March! Do something!

1 hour ago, Penistone999 said:

Yes , but this surrender deal of May`s does not cut all ties with those europeans , hence the reason it will never get through the commons. Only a deal that cuts all ties will deliver the referendum result. 

No it won't. I voted Leave and am a staunch debater on here of it.

Cutting all ties is as bad as staying in fully.

Both of them ignore the referendum result. Nearly half wanted to Remain. Slightly more wanted to Leave.

A deal that respects the range of views is sensible and would be respected by more people than hard Brexit or hard Remain.

2 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

Yes , but this surrender deal of May`s does not cut all ties with those europeans , hence the reason it will never get through the commons. Only a deal that cuts all ties will deliver the referendum result. 

That argument is insane and it’s been explained numerous times why

2 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

I assume you want to fill in the channel tunnel, have the navy sink all ships coming from Europe and the RAF shoot down any planes from Europe as well...............................................

43 minutes ago, woodview said:

Cutting all ties is as bad as staying in fully.

Are you serious?

We have been in fully (bar Schengen and the €uro) for the last four decades and have benefitted enormously from that membership. We are currently in the top six economies in the world. If we cut all ties with the EU do you still think we will will still be a top six economy within 12 months? What the cranks and the lunatics advocating no deal repeatedly fail to acknowledge is that MOST global trade deals we have are either because of our membership of the EU or so that EU markets can be accessed through the UK.

We live in a capitalist world. Apart from gold reserves, most countries' wealth is based purely on confidence. If our economy tanks even half as badly as being predicted, we could very quickly find ourselves outside the top 20 of world economies with very little chance of ever recovering our current position.

We are where we are largely because of the enourmous economic benefits of the British Empire (basically stealing stuff with our navy meaning we went unpunished). Once we lose that position we will revert to being a very small country with very few natural resources. The irony of all this is that those who wave the Union Flag the highest are advocating a course of action that will eventually bury it!

18 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46847169

Leavers taking Project Fear to another level. But interesting that he is implying that Leavers are fundamentally racists by coming up with this prediction. 

What is interesting to me is that what he is predicting, should Brexit be blocked, is the exact thing I am predicting should Brexit go ahead. Odd that... Perhaps the genie is already out of the bottle...

41 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Leading Brexit donors say Britain will reverse decision to leave EU

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-donors-exclusive/exclusive-leading-brexit-donors-say-britain-will-reverse-decision-to-leave-eu-idUKKCN1P50UU

... so much so they've about faced and are betting on it!

They are basically involved in finance and have made billions already from betting against Britain during this crisis. And they stand to gain more if things get worse.

Actively profiting from the destruction of our industry and reputation.

These are the real enemies of the people. No doubt of that.

3 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

What is interesting to me is that what he is predicting, should Brexit be blocked, is the exact thing I am predicting should Brexit go ahead. Odd that... Perhaps the genie is already out of the bottle...

It’s a threat from Grayling. Make no mistake at all.

He is one of the people who is most powerfully placed to peep the dog whistle.

A far right surge won’t happen without people like him stoking it.