The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Oh good, so it'll only be 4 years of economic hardship rather than austeritys 10? Although this time it's completely our own making and totally avoidable? Oo

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

More Brexit Good News

Britain will likely lose its place as the sixth biggest economy to France next year due to Brexit-related disruption, but should regain that position by 2023.

Brexit will be no more than a blip economically, making us wonder if the supposed economic benefits of belonging to an economic and political union have been wildly exaggerated by those who ride (or wish to ride) the EU gravy train?

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-global-economy-league/emerging-nations-will-take-longer-to-outpace-developed-economies-cebr-idUKKCN1OP005

The size of your economy is just boys' bragging rights, it doesn't directly translate to anything. For that you need a more nuanced per-capita measure of wealth. And even that is likely to be misleading if you're trying to understand the security, health and wellbeing of a country and its citizens.

Edited by Phanerothyme

How is that good news?

It’s a prediction that we will suffer but not for as long as originally expected.

The alternative is not suffering at all. Now  thats good news.

Forget the bogus pro-Brexit arguments. Let the people decide.

8 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

How is that good news?

It’s a prediction that we will suffer but not for as long as originally expected.

THE PEOPLE HAVE DECIDED!!!!

6 minutes ago, REUBEN 123 said:

THE PEOPLE HAVE DECIDED!!!!

Really?

What have they decided?

18 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Really?

What have they decided?

The people who got off their arses to vote decided they wanted out of the EU in the referendum, it’s up to the govt to decide how we leave end of no ifs no buts no second bite at the referendum cherry etc etc.

Edited by mafya

2 minutes ago, mafya said:

The people who got off their arses to vote decided they wanted out of the EU in the referendum, it’s up to the govt to decide how we leave end of no ifs no buts no second bite at the referendum cherry etc etc.

You could shout this from the rooftop and paint it bright yellow on the viaduct, yet remoaners still wouldn't listen. 

2 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

You could shout this from the rooftop and paint it bright yellow on the viaduct, yet remoaners still wouldn't listen. 

We listen and then respond that we would like to know exactly what version of Brexit will be accepted by the 52% of the electorate who voted to leave the EU.

If you Brexit guys cannot reach a consensus why should we fall in line.

Is it to be May’s agreement or walk away with no deal,or some other proposal.

Sleepwalking towards a deal that benefits nobody seems to be wanted by some just to back the 2016 poll.Thats the stupidity that manydo not accept.

54 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

How is that good news?

They already have and it was leave, I thought with all your posts you knew.

21 minutes ago, mafya said:

Well, some people expressed that preference based on lies and propaganda in an advisory referendum of disputed legality.

But what did they really decide?

18 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

I'm a remoaner, as you might characterise it, but I agree.

There was a vote. The terms were clear, the question was clear, the answer was clear. Close, but clear.

The time for calling it into question  was before polling day, not after.

However, the size of the majority, and the circumstances by which it was obtained means that there isn't a mandate for a no-deal brexit. Which is exactly what we'll get if Parliament doesn't pass a bill to delay or revoke A50.

That will constitute a massive failure of government, with serious consequences for a great, great number of people.

24 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

Listen to what?

The government cabinet alone seems to have at least four versions of Brexit.

Nobody agrees on what they want.

And each version on the table is only the interpretation of a small cabal of people.

So, I’ll listen when there is something clear to listen to.

In themeantime it’s safer to remain while the people get s chance to sort out the mess the (mainly Brexiter) politicians have created

Edited by I1L2T3