The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

2 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

I hope next Christmas is better, by which time hopefully views like yours will be consigned to the dustbin of history.

But yes, all the best to you too. It’s not personal.

The funny thing is, we all want what's best for the UK. There's always two sides and there always will be. 

Same to you and yours x

14 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

The funny thing is, we all want what's best for the UK. There's always two sides and there always will be. 

Same to you and yours x

I don't. I believe in consequences. The poorer in society will suffer the most and rightly so since they overwhelming voted for it. I am insulated from the adverse affects because of my pay conditions. This has the unexpected effect of widening the social divide. Good thing I am on the right side. 

21 hours ago, retep said:

Obviously the remoaners don't know their history.

We have to share links with brexidiots to explain points about history that they really should know.

And your rejoinder is simply to claim the opposite.  Figures I suppose, brexit was build on fake news and lies, why not carry on the same way.

13 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

“the practice is most typical of foreigners' stereotypical image of Greece”

straight from that wikipage.

To be fair I have been to a Greek night run by Greek students at a students uniion. We must have smashed approximately 2,000 plates that night.

As I said though not real ones. They were very light and had a dull matt finish. Completely unsuitable for food.

Just now, I1L2T3 said:

To be fair I have been to a Greek night run by Greek students at a students uniion. We must have smashed approximately 2,000 plates that night.

As I said though not real ones. They were very light and had a dull matt finish. Completely unsuitable for food.

Do you think that it's thus traditional behaviour in Greece?  Or were they playing up a stereotype?

1 minute ago, Cyclone said:

Do you think that it's thus traditional behaviour in Greece?  Or were they playing up a stereotype?

It happens at some events. I wouldnt  expect people do it every day

35 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

33 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

It happens at some events. I wouldnt  expect people do it every day

doesnt take much googling to find out where it came from and if it still exists

https://www.tripsavvy.com/greek-plate-smashing-tradition-1524266

But breaking plates is now considered a dangerous practice due to flying shards, and perhaps also because of intoxicated tourists who have poor aim and may hit the dancers or musicians.

It is officially discouraged and Greece actually requires a license for establishments who want to allow it. (Supposedly, plate smashing replaced another, earlier way of showing approval: throwing knives into the wooden floors at the dancer's feet.)

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

doesnt take much googling to find out where it came from and if it still exists

https://www.tripsavvy.com/greek-plate-smashing-tradition-1524266

Fascinating. It is well over 20 years ago since I went to the Greek night.

I’m not surprised it’s discouraged. There was a lot of plate shrapnel.

So let’s come full circle. Most non-Brits think the English sound like Prince Charles and have posh sandwiches in the back of their Rolls Royce whilst cruising from Fortnum and Mason to Harrods.

stereotypes don’t really have anything to contribute to any discussion.

8 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

“the practice is most typical of foreigners' stereotypical image of Greece”

straight from that wikipage.

Oh yes....... I must have got the Greeks mixed up with the people of Halifax.

Well spotted🔵

More Brexit Good News

Britain will likely lose its place as the sixth biggest economy to France next year due to Brexit-related disruption, but should regain that position by 2023.

Brexit will be no more than a blip economically, making us wonder if the supposed economic benefits of belonging to an economic and political union have been wildly exaggerated by those who ride (or wish to ride) the EU gravy train?

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-global-economy-league/emerging-nations-will-take-longer-to-outpace-developed-economies-cebr-idUKKCN1OP005

Edited by Car Boot