The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

1 minute ago, ricgem2002 said:

its the eu way of punishing the uk we dont need to implement them just carry on as we are. if we keep to the regulations of manufactoring  standards as we are now no need for tariffs but who is trying to tell us different ? let me tell you the eu :nono:  

In short, the EU is fully aware that the UK is a good economic region and they exploit this to shore up other countries that aren't doing so well. This sounds good in principle but when you look at our grass roots problems, mainly the NHS it seems only right and proper to channel the UK's wealth into that. When we leave the EU in March, we will be able to dictate our own charitable payments to overseas countries, at a level that we can afford without putting our own services in hardship.

Although trying to explain this to a remainers is like wading through treacle.

18 minutes ago, apelike said:

Although you may think that it cant be true as all the population has never been asked as its an impossible task for obvious reasons.

Do you not suspect it might be a massive risk trying it out.

It won’t get through Parliament anyway. Not a hope.

4 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

In short, the EU is fully aware that the UK is a good economic region and they exploit this to shore up other countries that aren't doing so well. This sounds good in principle but when you look at our grass roots problems, mainly the NHS it seems only right and proper to channel the UK's wealth into that. When we leave the EU in March, we will be able to dictate our own charitable payments to overseas countries, at a level that we can afford without putting our own services in hardship.

In what way do they exploit us, and how much does it cost us?

1 minute ago, I1L2T3 said:

Do you not suspect it might be a massive risk trying it out.

It won’t get through Parliament anyway. Not a hope.

In what way do they exploit us, and how much does it cost us?

Payments to the EU for a start. The UK is the third largest contributer to the EU budget, and pound for pound gets LESS back than paid in.  Thats exploiting the UK monetary stance in the world. 

But surely as an expert on the EU, you knew this?

37 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

Payments to the EU for a start. The UK is the third largest contributer to the EU budget, and pound for pound gets LESS back than paid in.  Thats exploiting the UK monetary stance in the world. 

The UK are the third largest contributor to the EU budget which wouldn't be an issue ,if the UK was the third biggest EU exporter to other EU countries. Germany are the largest contributor to the EU budget  and are by far the largest EU exporter to the other EU countries.  The difference between the UK and Germany is that the UK are an import nation and Germany are an export nation and that is why membership of the EU is great for Germany and no so great for the UK.

4 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Your post isn't worthy of a reply.

Er, you just replied.......

1 hour ago, BrexitGuy said:

The ONLY reason we pay more than some , and i presume less than some, is we have one of the best economies. You earn more, you pay more, whats wrong with that? Sounds right to me? bit like our workers tax bands, earn more, pay more.

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

I refer you to my previous post. A no deal scenario was an obvious outcome if the democratic people voted to leave the EU. It is irrelevant to the democratic process that no political party campaigned for a no deal.

Only for an obsessive extremist who only wants the most extreme outcome. The actual question asked was in or out, no questions on how much out, no questions on soft or hard brexit.

Edited by melthebell

13 minutes ago, melthebell said:

The ONLY reason we pay more than some , and i presume less than some, is we have one of the best economies. You earn more, you pay more, whats wrong with that? Sounds right to me? bit like our workers tax bands, earn more, pay more.

Only for an obsessive extremist who only wants the most extreme outcome. The actual question asked was in or out, no questions on how much out, no questions on soft or hard brexit.

I did say that above, that we have a good economy. I also said we would be better suited controlling our own deposits and donations to countries less financially stable than the UK. 

Think about it. If you were about to put the £1.96 change in your purse into a charity collection box, and a total stranger stood behind you and said "No, not the £1.96...... put that £10 note in you have there. 

Now, you know that you need that £10 for some cough syrup for a relative, but do not need the £1.96 for anything in particular, what would you do?

4 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

I did say that above, that we have a good economy. I also said we would be better suited controlling our own deposits and donations to countries less financially stable than the UK. 

Think about it. If you were about to put the £1.96 change in your purse into a charity collection box, and a total stranger stood behind you and said "No, not the £1.96...... put that £10 note in you have there. 

Now, you know that you need that £10 for some cough syrup for a relative, but do not need the £1.96 for anything in particular, what would you do?

Id say i believe you really know how it all works rather than just consistently painting the EU as jailers and bullies, your reply was a very very simple analogy with very little bearing on real life :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

Id say i believe you really know how it all works rather than just consistently painting the EU as jailers and bullies, your reply was a very very simple analogy with very little bearing on real life :rolleyes:

Honestly Melthebell, that response was totally unnecessary. You asked me a question and I replied with a straightforward answer that is so true, you cannot even question it without the need for sarcasm!! 

If you can honestly say that you would put that tenner in, I would believe you in principle but would be very surprised if many would agree.

1 minute ago, BrexitGuy said:

Honestly Melthebell, that response was totally unnecessary. You asked me a question and I replied with a straightforward answer that is so true, you cannot even question it without the need for sarcasm!! 

If you can honestly say that you would put that tenner in, I would believe you in principle but would be very surprised if many would agree.

If they blindly tell us what to do, why arent we in the eurozone of schengen zone among others where we told em to stuff it? as i said your analogy is simplistic in the extreme, and based on mistruth, which brexit is wholly based on.

5 minutes ago, melthebell said:

If they blindly tell us what to do, why arent we in the eurozone of schengen zone among others where we told em to stuff it? as i said your analogy is simplistic in the extreme, and based on mistruth, which brexit is wholly based on.

Who stated that the EU 'blindly' tells the UK what to do? Nothing the EU does is done blindly, but with a purpose. 

Is it simply your own prejudice against the EU?

2 hours ago, BrexitGuy said:

EU payments = A fraction of 1% of GDP

Getting upset about it is like shooting yourself in the balls because your council tax went up by a tenner

Perspective is everything