The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Just now, andyofborg said:

The deal is essentially the best on offer, on the whole I'm quite happy with it.

It's nowhere near the best on offer, it's the best/least worst the UK is prepared to accept..... but I get your drift.

Just now, andyofborg said:

The mps should vote to accept it then move on to sort some of the other pressing problems we face

Unfortunately, those other problems are seriously exasperated because of this one :?

It's weird that the best offer now seems to be which leg to chop off :(

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Is that really your understanding of Britain's membership of the EU?

Really?

Well where do you think a permanent inclusion into the EU will take us? You only have to listen to the remoaners on here to see it will ultimately end up as one solid state. It wont be long before Tescos photo booth will only take euros. Is that what you want? There are many ways we can go within the EU but it will come at a cost where the UK will lose its sovereignty and become just another branch of the new worlds state of Europe. 

16 minutes ago, Magilla said:

You would have thought "You can't have your cake and eat it" was a fairly simple message :?

Pretty sure I was posting to debunk that narrative even before the referendum. The problem was nevee the message, however simple: it's always been the hearing filter of the message recipients.

Just now, BrexitGuy said:

Well where do you think a permanent inclusion into the EU will take us? You only have to listen to the remoaners on here to see it will ultimately end up as one solid state. It wont be long before Tescos photo booth will only take euros. Is that what you want? There are many ways we can go within the EU but it will come at a cost where the UK will lose its sovereignty and become just another branch of the new worlds state of Europe. 

more lies...when did we sign up to the euro? in fact theres plenty of times we told the EU to stuff it

I get what you're saying too but unfortunately many of the problems we face need cold hard cash.

Entering a deal where even the Bank of England and the government's own economic forecasters say will make us measureably poorer, is just plain reckless.

6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

more lies...when did we sign up to the euro? in fact theres plenty of times we told the EU to stuff it

If only more people read and understood the Lisbon Treaty...they'd realise the 'big bad federalised EU' of their imagination simply cannot happen. Not in their lifetime, nor that of their children, at the very earliest.

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

You'll notice I never said weve signed up to the euro. I'm talking of what the future may bring should we remain. Folk are pretty quick to assume how bad things will get when we leave, but cant accept or believe things may change dramatically if we stay, which we wont. 

1 minute ago, BrexitGuy said:

You'll notice I never said weve signed up to the euro. I'm talking of what the future may bring should we remain. Folk are pretty quick to assume how bad things will get when we leave, but cant accept or believe things may change dramatically if we stay, which we wont. 

so in other words, brextremists cant accept re"moaners" worries about what COULD happen if / when we leave, but are quick to scaremonger about what "could" happen if we stay :rolleyes: Bojo was littering his recent speeches with plenty too.

The only way we'd join the euro is if WE wanted to join the euro, as you may have noticed weve already not joined the euro once, or schengen area, among others that we have vetoed

Just now, BrexitGuy said:

First they say the EU takes too long to make decisions, then they spread unfounded fear and doubt about "things may change dramatically if we stay".

Certainly by staying, the UK can have its seat at the table and exercise its veto. The record shows that the UK votes on the winning side in 95% of EU decisions, abstains in 3% and is on the losing side in just 2%. 

Leave and have no influence.

Just now, melthebell said:

so in other words, brextremists cant accept re"moaners" worries about what COULD happen if / when we leave, but are quick to scaremonger about what "could" happen if we stay :rolleyes: Bojo was littering his recent speeches with plenty too.

The only way we'd join the euro is if WE wanted to join the euro, as you may have noticed weve already not joined the euro once, or schengen area, among others that we have vetoed

Yes, and they said that Donald Trump would never become president. Surely we all know by now that British politics is run by business, not fairness. We dont know what the future will hold no matter where we end up. We MAY wish to join the euro and then again a no deal exit might work too.

There are valid points on all sides and everyone has an opinion. 

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

so in other words, brextremists cant accept re"moaners" worries about what COULD happen if / when we leave, but are quick to scaremonger about what "could" happen if we stay :rolleyes:

Quite, of course the difference is that there's plenty of evidence to substantiate the "project fear" concerns, none whatsoever for the leavers "unicorn" promises, quite the opposite.

The best we can now hope for is that it won't be as bad as expected!

2 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

Yes, and they said that Donald Trump would never become president. Surely we all know by now that British politics is run by business, not fairness. We dont know what the future will hold no matter where we end up. We MAY wish to join the euro and then again a no deal exit might work too.

There are valid points on all sides and everyone has an opinion. 

There is more chance of us becoming less well off under brexit than there is of us being shafted more by the EU if we stayed

Edited by melthebell