The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

4 hours ago, Car Boot said:

We were given the full supposed economic consequences of voting to Leave in the government booklet sent to every household in the UK.

Remainer politicians, celebrities and rich businessmen told us all about the supposed consequences of a Leave vote.

We were under no illusion about the supposed economic consequences of Leaving the EU. We still voted to Leave, in huge numbers.

I didn't vote for any deal on Leaving. I voted to Leave, and gave the poor a pay rise in doing so.

Austerity?

Blame the government, the Bankers and the EU!

Will you stop it with this class war idiocy, brexit has nothing to do with a possible class war.

Austerity was brought in by our own government, NOT the EU.

You got one thing right, it was caused by the banks, mainly in the US though, NOT the EU, it started in the US

https://www.thebalance.com/what-caused-2008-global-financial-crisis-3306176

as for brexit, heres an article from early this year

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/jacob-rees-mogg-line-huge-personal-windfall-britain-exits-single-market/07/02/

Jacob Rees-Mogg is a long-term backer of investment management firm Somerset Capital, which has “9.6 billion dollars” under management according to its website.

i take it this 9.6 billion will be paid to the poorer in society?

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2018/02/08/2198570/jacob-rees-moggs-huge-personal-windfall-after-brexit/?fbclid=IwAR0ZSKhaxetJ5UAVykgjWJmaXCqw7Xj_YBg36FB2HqNwI-theeAJ7Pd0N4A

3 hours ago, truman said:

So you never saw the advert on the side of the bus about £350 million for the NHS?

To be honest and perfectly truthful no, that is not until it was pointed out by you lot or maybe on the BBC website as I'm not sure which was first. As I have stated before and will state again I do not buy newspapers and do not watch TV nor am I a member of any political party or group so I was never influenced by any media campaign or Cameron's attempt to persuade the public to be Pro-EU. The problem, as I see it, with many remainers especially on SF is they dont want change because it suits them to keep the status quo,  and when people vote for change they are not willing to accept that they can do that as it goes against their will.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

You know and mix with some uneducated people.  

It wasn't an advert. It was a slogan suggesting an alternative way of spending UK taxpayer's money.

It wasn’t a slogan when they put it in the referendum brochure that went through every letterbox in the country

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

You know and mix with some uneducated people.  

I know and mix with all sorts of people which is why I have a much more informed outlook than most people.

50 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Will you stop it with this class war idiocy, brexit has nothing to do with a possible class war.

Austerity was brought in by our own government, NOT the EU.

You got one thing right, it was caused by the banks, mainly in the US though, NOT the EU, it started in the US

https://www.thebalance.com/what-caused-2008-global-financial-crisis-3306176

as for brexit, heres an article from early this year

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/jacob-rees-mogg-line-huge-personal-windfall-britain-exits-single-market/07/02/

i take it this 9.6 billion will be paid to the poorer in society?

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2018/02/08/2198570/jacob-rees-moggs-huge-personal-windfall-after-brexit/?fbclid=IwAR0ZSKhaxetJ5UAVykgjWJmaXCqw7Xj_YBg36FB2HqNwI-theeAJ7Pd0N4A

Rees-Mogg is a member of a very tiny number of rich, right wing politician capitalists who support Brexit for their own reasons.

The overwhelming majority of the super rich establishment - the political elite, big business, the banks and international finance all support Remaining in the EU.  How much of their profits do investment banks such as Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley and Citigroup (all of which have donated money to the cause of keeping the UK a part of the EU) give to the poor?

Edited by Car Boot

1 hour ago, L00b said:

and that strikes you as sensible, somehow?

It strikes me as being as sensible as joining or voting for the same political party every time they vote. Its called a choice and people have been given a democratic right to state their choice regardless of the outcome as that is what makes democracy. It may not be sensible to you but that is not the point.

4 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

It wasn’t a slogan when they put it in the referendum brochure that went through every letterbox in the country

It didnt come through mine, should I now complain?

Edited by apelike

5 minutes ago, apelike said:

To be honest and perfectly truthful no, that is not until it was pointed out by you lot or maybe on the BBC website as I'm not sure which was first. As I have stated before and will state again I do not buy newspapers and do not watch TV nor am I a member of any political party or group so I was never influenced by any media campaign or Cameron's attempt to persuade the public to be Pro-EU. The problem, as I see it, with many remainers especially on SF is they dont want change because it suits them to keep the status quo,  and when people vote for change they are not willing to accept that they can do that as it goes against their will.

Why would anybody by happy with change that makes them poorer and reduces their rights being imposed on them.

Think about it

1 minute ago, Car Boot said:

Rees-Mogg is a member of a very tiny number of rich, right wing politician capitalists who support Brexit for their own reasons.

The overwhelming majority of the super rich establishment - the political elite, big business, the banks and international finance all support Remaining in the EU.  How much of their profits do investment banks such as Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley and Citigroup (all of which have donated money to the cause of keeping the UK a part of the EU) pay to the poor?

no, the rich are rich, they will always stay rich, doesnt matter what side of the brexit arguement they are on, it will ALWAYS be the poorer in society that will take a hit, NOT them. its NOT a class war issue.

5 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

I didn't get that one. 

I did get the scaremongering Osbourne booklet advocating vote Remain or the UK will face economic armageddon.

1 minute ago, I1L2T3 said:

Why would anybody by happy with change that makes them poorer and reduces their rights being imposed on them.

Think about it

I have and its called politics. 

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

no, the rich are rich, they will always stay rich, doesnt matter what side of the brexit arguement they are on, it will ALWAYS be the poorer in society that will take a hit, NOT them. its NOT a class war issue.

If you seriously believe that the June 2016 referendum result didn't expose the huge class divide that exists in this country, you are even more deluded than I had thought.

The reason we have had over two years of deliberate mismanagement by the political class of the Brexit issue is because the wealthy vested interests in society largely voted to Remain. The wealthy are used to getting their own way. 

6 minutes ago, apelike said:

I have and its called politics. 

Politics is about making people poorer and reducing their rights?

If you’re a Tory I guess.