The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

1 minute ago, Lockdoctor said:

All you're doing is embarrassing yourself  and adding more evidence for me and any reasonable poster to conclude that you  only respect any form of democracy or vote, if the result is to your own personal liking.  Do you  think Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP would agree to another Scottish Independent where it required two thirds  of people voting Yes to Scottish Independence for the result of the referendum to be implicated?

That's because she has a vested interest in the result..the clue is in her party's name..

30 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

All you're doing is embarrassing yourself

Really, doesn't look that way, I at least know what we're actually discussing :rolleyes:

I say that had the referendum recieved a 2/3rd marjority the country could, rightly, be said to be united. It didn't, so it isn't.

Hence my Swiss reference! D'oh!

That you're unable to fathom that, is what's really embarrassing here :hihi:

However, none of this would have made any difference to any future deal with the EU, as was always the case, you can't have your cake and eat it.

30 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Do you  think Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP would agree to another Scottish Independence Referendum where it required two thirds  of people voting Yes to Scottish Independence for the result of the referendum to be implicated?

Which of course, has no bearing on any statement I've made *at all*. It's not about what  Nicola Sturgeon might want :loopy:

Edited by Magilla

Quick question,  when will exactly May's deal go through vote for the parliamentary approval? I don't get, does she have majority or not? If not, that's "hard Brexit", right?

10 minutes ago, croat77 said:

Quick question,  when will exactly May's deal go through vote for the parliamentary approval? I don't get, does she have majority or not? If not, that's "hard Brexit", right?

Dec 11, with 5 days of debate first.

If it does not go through then unless something else happens, yes its hard brexit with no deal. Labour have just said they will ask for a GE in these circumstances, and if that is not possible then they would ask for a referendum on what to do next.  Other options would be to revoke Article 50 (it is now confirmed this is possible due to the recent court case about that). Not sure if there are any other options or not to avoid no deal brexit.

Edited by nightrider

17 minutes ago, nightrider said:

Dec 11, with 5 days of debate first.

If it does not go through then unless something else happens, yes its hard brexit with no deal. Labour have just said they will ask for a GE in these circumstances, and if that is not possible then they would ask for a referendum on what to do next.  Other options would be to revoke Article 50 (it is now confirmed this is possible due to the recent court case about that). Not sure if there are any other options or not to avoid no deal brexit.

thank you for your answer! 

35 minutes ago, nightrider said:

Other options would be to revoke Article 50 (it is now confirmed this is possible due to the recent court case about that).

Though it appears to be accepted by the EU that Article 50 is revokable, whether this can be done unilaterally, or needs unanimous agreement from the other 27 member states, is still to be decided...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-46345287

This affects our options quite a bit!

Edited by nickycheese

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

Really, doesn't look that way, I at least know what we're actually discussing :rolleyes:

I say that had the referendum recieved a 2/3rd marjority the country could, rightly, be said to be united. It didn't, so it isn't.

Hence my Swiss reference! D'oh!

That you're unable to fathom that, is what's really embarrassing here :hihi:

However, none of this would have made any difference to any future deal with the EU, as was always the case, you can't have your cake and eat it.

Which of course, has no bearing on any statement I've made *at all*. It's not about what  Nicola Sturgeon might want :loopy:

Of course it has a bearing on a statement you have made. I have presented you with an example where your suggestion would most certainly be rejected for obvious reasons.

3 hours ago, Halibut said:

What a bunch of scumbags, liars and thieves. 

Well get a job somewhere else then if you don't like them.

38 minutes ago, gomgeg said:

Well get a job somewhere else then if you don't like them.

The most sensible plan is to get rid of the lying scumbag Brexiter politicians and take down their thieving corporate and hedge fund cronies.

35 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

The most sensible plan is to get rid of the lying scumbag Brexiter politicians and take down their thieving corporate and hedge fund cronies.

It's funny how all the bile and venom comes from the losers. No wonder you're depressed you probably need to get out a bit and speak to real people instead of spending all your time worrying about something you can't do anything about.

2 minutes ago, gomgeg said:

It's funny how all the bile and venom comes from the losers. No wonder you're depressed you probably need to get out a bit and speak to real people instead of spending all your time worrying about something you can't do anything about.

I agree, I voted to remain in the EU but accepted the democratic referendum result. I accept I was a loser in the referendum vote but unlike too many posters on the Sheffield Forum  who don't respect the democratic referendum result, I am not a loser in life. 

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

Of course it has a bearing on a statement you have made.

No, it really doesn't :rolleyes:

I have presented you with an example where your suggestion would most certainly be rejected for obvious reasons.

It's not my suggestion, it's the system the Swiss use to avoid *exactly* the situation the UK finds itself in now :loopy:

Maybe you should take the business brain out for the day and insert the "comprehend basic written english one" ?

Edited by Magilla