The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Clacton on its backside after 45 years of Common Market/ EU.

So Clacton will be better off out of the EU. Can you give me some details of how this will be the case?

Not including apprentices, how many would that be and how much was the cost to produce those jobs given the funding?

---------- Post added 02-11-2018 at 18:29 ----------

Err no. Once again someone is twisting words to fit. Please show me where I stated it was the EU's fault because as far as I can see I have never stated that at all. It was bendix that first tried to make out that is what I said.

Ok, so it's not the Eus fault then. Glad you're on board :)

Err no. Once again someone is twisting words to fit. Please show me where I stated it was the EU's fault because as far as I can see I have never stated that at all. It was bendix that first tried to make out that is what I said.

erm being against the EU enough to vote leave and then using it as an arguement in a consequences of brexit thread is a big enough show of impetus :roll:

and its the daftist thing i have ever read on this forum (apart from cardoors insane gibberish)

Anybody watch QT from Clacton last night? An area that voted 70% leave and it struck me how many of the audience were screaming for change: rents, housing jobs, wages, policing, sure start etc.... It’s a place on its backside desperate for change, and they’ve been sold and voted for the idea that Brexit will deliver that change. It’s so sad.

How have senior Brexiters got away with this?

I used to have family out that way and the slide has been huge. It's a hop skip and jump from London one way, and the far more desirable Suffolk coast the other. It needs change but I don't see how leaving the EU will arrest the slide.

Grimsby was in the news again for being deprived and I'll wager they voted heavily for leaving the EU. How will it help them?

So Clacton will be better off out of the EU. Can you give me some details of how this will be the case?

I cant see in to the future. Can you provide details that Clacton was in a worse state pre 1973?

I used to have family out that way and the slide has been huge. It's a hop skip and jump from London one way, and the far more desirable Suffolk coast the other. It needs change but I don't see how leaving the EU will arrest the slide.

Grimsby was in the news again for being deprived and I'll wager they voted heavily for leaving the EU. How will it help them?

it wont

funny thing is, the lowest paid, unemployed, teenagers, young adults, disabled, people in run down areas etc etc all get help from the EU for education, job help, etc

and the vast majority have just voted to do away with it all ............complete and utter insanity.

---------- Post added 02-11-2018 at 19:17 ----------

I cant see in to the future. Can you provide details that Clacton was in a worse state pre 1973?

that really is a stupid arguement, trying to use pre and post joining the EU...times have changed, theres plenty of other factors that come into play, not just joining and using the EU

changes of government every 4 years for one

Can you get fish stocks to 1973 levels by march 2019?

The point is it’s got nothing to do with the EU, and leaving the EU won’t fix the town

Maybe not, but staying in the EU wont make it any better.

Hiya Penny, you alright flower :wave:

Does this mean you’re gonna stop smoking your dodgy illegally-sourced fags and smoke patriotic, legitimately-bought, local-business supporting and highly-taxed fags instead ?

There you go.

There's a fair chance it will make it worse. Bar one term in 97 the area has been true blue Tory since the late 60s. Maybe if the uk voted for corbyn, their lot will improve. Are you prepared to vote Labour to help, ironically, these deprived Tory voting areas?

Jaywick, a quick drive down the road from clacton now has new roads. Houses are still about to fall down, unemployment is still high.

The point is it’s got nothing to do with the EU, and leaving the EU won’t fix the town

---------- Post added 02-11-2018 at 18:50 ----------

So there has never been any successful EU investment in the U.K? Is that your argument?

No, but it seems to be that you are making out it was my argument rather than reading what I have written.

---------- Post added 02-11-2018 at 20:25 ----------

erm being against the EU enough to vote leave and then using it as an arguement in a consequences of brexit thread is a big enough show of impetus :roll:

and its the daftist thing i have ever read on this forum (apart from cardoors insane gibberish)

No the daftest thing is you not reading the context of the original reply because you would then understand what was written and what it was in reply to. But just to give you heads up it was post 5286. :roll:

---------- Post added 02-11-2018 at 20:34 ----------

Why discriminate against them?

Discriminating! They are not fulltime paid employees. They are by and large people on low wages that are not yet qualified to do or be paid to do the work they are being trained for. Nothing wrong with apprenticeships, did one myself!

---------- Post added 02-11-2018 at 18:56 ----------

You mean that government run program with a small amount of EU money?

"Due to low takeup, the project suffered a very significant operating loss; not even taking into account the substantial interest payments due on loans for capital construction. "

Damn that EU, not forcing the people of S Yorkshire to take the opportunity provided. All the EU's fault.

I think you need to read a bit more about it and why it failed and where the money came from.

Edited by apelike