The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

So what you’re saying is that the working class will not be affected by Brexit or that the middle classes will be more adversely affected?

What evidence do you have that remotely suggests that is true? If anything, the working class will be MOST adversely affected. They will be the ones at the front of the queue at the job centre. Professionals like myself are very well protected. In my case, as I have said before, my job isn’t even remotely at risk. People who lose their jobs over Brexit will get absolutely no sympathy from me. You voted for it, you can eat it at the food bank.

The working class, and the underclass, have been damaged by the UK's membership of the EU, through increased competition for employment, housing, healthcare, education etc. The middle class have benefited through a plentiful supply of cheap migrant labour for their businesses, cleaners, au pairs and the staff who see to their needs in restaurants and hotels etc.

If there's no chance of a 2nd referendum, then what's the point of having all these debates and marches?

Are people really this thick?

If there's no chance of a 2nd referendum, then what's the point of having all these debates and marches?

Are people really this thick?

There is a chance there could be another referendum, which is why people are debating and marching. Mrs May has changed her mind in the past.

My own personally belief is there shouldn't be another referendum. David Cameron made it perfectly clear that if the UK voted to leave the EU, then the UK would leave the EU forever and there wouldn't be another referendum.

Even if there isn't a second referendum, the electorate should be allowed to have a vote on the offer on the table for brexit, and part of that choice should be, "none of the above - let's stay in."

David Cameron made it perfectly clear that if the UK voted to leave the EU, then the UK would leave the EU forever and there wouldn't be another referendum.

Not this again!

Can you what Act of Parliament that David Cameron was referring to when he made that statement?

Even if there isn't a second referendum, the electorate should be allowed to have a vote on the offer on the table for brexit, and part of that choice should be, "none of the above - let's stay in."

The next demonstration will be even bigger.

They can’t ignore it.

---------- Post added 21-10-2018 at 12:54 ----------

There is a chance there could be another referendum, which is why people are debating and marching. Mrs May has changed her mind in the past.

My own personally belief is there shouldn't be another referendum. David Cameron made it perfectly clear that if the UK voted to leave the EU, then the UK would leave the EU forever and there wouldn't be another referendum.

David Cameron is a basket case hiding in a shed in his garden.

Next

The next demonstration will be even bigger.

They can’t ignore it.

---------- Post added 21-10-2018 at 12:54 ----------

Next

They will ignore it. They ignored the Iraq war protests, they'll ignore this as well - albeit for totally different reasons, mainly the electorate as a whole isn't bright enough to understand all the issues and make anything like an informed decision. I barely understand a fraction of it all and I've read up on it.

Not this again!

Can you what Act of Parliament that David Cameron was referring to when he made that statement?

Parliament past legislation before the referendum vote in order to approve the 2016 EU Referendum vote taking place. Parliament past legislation after the EU referendum vote to put into law the UK are leaving the EU.

Both remain and leave voters expected whatever the outcome of the EU referendum vote to be implemented by the UK Government.

---------- Post added 21-10-2018 at 13:48 ----------

Next

David Cameron was a former Prime Minister. Giving the UK people a choice about its membership of the EU doesn't make him a basket case. I understand he has a very nice shed in his garden.

No they shouldn't be allowed to have a vote on whats on offer, and you cant have a part choice as the very nature of referendums means its a binary choice only. Its up to the government to vote and agree/disagree on whats on offer not us. Letting the public vote on matters will ultimately undermine parliaments rule and they wont allow that.

No they shouldn't be allowed to have a vote on whats on offer, and you cant have a part choice as the very nature of referendums means its a binary choice only. Its up to the government to vote and agree/disagree on whats on offer not us. Letting the public vote on matters will ultimately undermine parliaments rule and they wont allow that.

referendums don't have to be a binary choice,

in this case, then some sort of transferable vote, ranking the options:

whatever deal the government negotiates

no deal

abandon the who sorry affair

may be the only way to get a resolution.

the most likely trigger for a referendum is going to be that parliament is unable to make a choice and in that situation you need as much information as possible as to what the public want.

Parliament past legislation before the referendum vote in order to approve the 2016 EU Referendum vote taking place. Parliament past legislation after the EU referendum vote to put into law the UK are leaving the EU.

Both remain and leave voters expected whatever the outcome of the EU referendum vote to be implemented by the UK Government.

---------- Post added 21-10-2018 at 13:48 ----------

David Cameron was a former Prime Minister. Giving the UK people a choice about its membership of the EU doesn't make him a basket case. I understand he has a very nice shed in his garden.

Cameron had really poor judgement. That’s why he ended up in a shed at the bottom of his garden.

Nothing he said legally or morally binds any government.