The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

I read posts like that, and I see from your cheerleading that you still *really* haven’t got the first understanding of what you, Penny, Lockdoctor etc. are all wishing for, nor how you and yours are all going to get rodgered senseless through it.

No-one is safe from the worst effects of Brexit, no deal or not (effects are already ongoing, but they’re not the worst, they’re just setting the context).

Not any person in the UK.

Bar the wealthiest (a percentage of the so-called 1%): many of those pushing for Brexit hardest.

It is the bottom quintile that will suffer most. Mafya will be fine, until the next quintile drops like flies.

I read posts like that, and I see from your cheerleading that you still *really* haven’t got the first understanding of what you, Penny, Lockdoctor etc. are all wishing for, nor how you and yours are all going to get rodgered senseless through it.

No-one is safe from the worst effects of Brexit, no deal or not (effects are already ongoing, but they’re not the worst, they’re just setting the context).

Not any person in the UK.

Bar the wealthiest (a percentage of the so-called 1%): many of those pushing for Brexit hardest.

Im quite confident i will be absolutely fine.

It is the bottom quintile that will suffer most. Mafya will be fine, until the next quintile drops like flies.
It’s pointless to grade: everyone in the U.K. will suffer. Some sooner than others, is all.

Pensioners won’t be last, either. Wait ‘til the £ takes its full beating in 2019, then roll on winter 2019 to see *real* fuel poverty and its consequences...with the NHS already on the ropes now, pre-winter 2018 :(

---------- Post added 20-09-2018 at 20:56 ----------

No surprise there :roll: Edited by L00b

There will be plenty of opportunities for smuggling! :hihi:

There will be plenty of opportunities for smuggling! :hihi:

There will need to be. The days of bringing a transit van full of cheap baccy into the Uk, for “personal use” are almost over.

Penny is about to suffer a hike in the cost of living.

It seems you don’t understand what democracy is

I know that there is nothing more democratic than a referendum. We had one. Every one eligible to vote could have their say. The majority, however small, voted to leave the EU. To attempt to subvert that is an assault on democracy.

I know that there is nothing more democratic than a referendum. We had one. Every one eligible to vote could have their say. The majority, however small, voted to leave the EU. To attempt to subvert that is an assault on democracy.

Your argument doesn’t work because it shows that you fundamentally do not understand how our democracy works.

Only if you want it to be.

Nope, it's definately a thing, even if you fail to see the significance. :suspect:

When they started the annual shutdown process in 2009 it only made the local Oxford news. But now they are moving the date six months, it's a big thing? Sorry, this is a case of people desperately looking for negatives in what is just a sensible business plan.

Hardly, it's a huge upset for the government, a signal that industry has lost confidence in it's ability to deliver on the promises made during the referendum.

“While we believe this worst case scenario is an unlikely outcome, we have to plan for it.”

The spokesperson added: “We remain committed to our operations in Britain, which is the only country in the world where we manufacture for all three of our automotive brands.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/bmw-car-plant-brexit-day-29-oxford-jobs-factory-a8542996.html

They would say that, wouldn't they :?

They're playing to a crowd, but ultimately, no-deal will mean they won't be making electric mini's, or any mini's at all, in the UK in the long term.

Taken from the comments in the article you linked to:

The 28 days will become 40. The company citing "unforseen technical issues" or some such.

The 40 days will then extend to a minimum of 70 days, the reasons given will be "uncertainty in the short to medium term of sufficient and timely parts supply".

The 70 days will then mutate into 120 days. Why? I'm guessing it will be down to BMW "undertaking a fundamental restructuring of its European manufacturing base".

I think you can all see how this will ultimately end up."

---------- Post added 21-09-2018 at 06:56 ----------

May humiliated by Salzburg ambush as she fights to save Chequers plan:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/20/may-in-fight-to-save-chequers-brexit-plan-after-salzburg-ambush

"EU leaders take turns to rubbish her plan" :?

Edited by Magilla

What part of leave don't these people understand. I voted to stay but we must trust democracy, those that voted to leave have every right to expect their vote be endorsed. We have overcome greater challengers and who knows, they did not want us in only our money we must trust the democratic process.

What part of leave don't these people understand.

Clearly, the bit where it's workable as per the promises made by the leave campaign, and doesn't impoverish the nation :?

I voted to stay but we must trust democracy, those that voted to leave have every right to expect their vote be endorsed.

Yawn, a significant proportion of leavers only wanted to leave the EU, not the single market or customs union. Doesn't seem like their vote will be endorsed :suspect:

We have overcome greater challengers and who knows, they did not want us in only our money

.. another yawn...

we must trust the democratic process.

Quite, now the lies of the leave campaign have been exposed and the public is better informed, it's time for a vote.

Speaking of democracy:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/liam-fox-trade-deal-scrap-european-union-food-standards-after-brexit-2018-9

.. using the powers the government granted itself to bypass parliament and the entire democratic process :suspect:

Edited by Magilla

Those who still don't accept the EU referendum vote are cherry picking history because it was made clear to every one who was eligible to vote that the UK were not guaranteed to get a trade deal with the EU after the UK leave the EU. Those eligible to vote were made well aware there would be potential problems regarding the Irish border, if the UK voted to leave the EU.