The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Certainly, under Article 49 TEU (per paragraph 5 of Article 50 TEU; yes “that” Article 50 ;)).

You’d have a(nother) sizeable political stumbling bloc however: unlike 1973 when the U.K. joined, these days Eurozone membership is a compulsory part of the joining process.

I can’t see that one going down well or easy with the electorate ;)

That's why it is so important to stop this nonsense in its tracks before it is too late and only Labour holds the key to that.

Hi all. Just want to ask:

If Brexit proves to be a miserable failure re. British businesses, would we be able to re-join back again?

Thanks.

How would we know that Brexit is a failure? All our economic policies are set by the UK Government.

Certainly, under Article 49 TEU (per paragraph 5 of Article 50 TEU; yes “that” Article 50 ;)).

You’d have a(nother) sizeable political stumbling bloc however: unlike 1973 when the U.K. joined, these days Eurozone membership is a compulsory part of the joining process.

I can’t see that one going down well or easy with the electorate ;)

I think the UK would also be obliged to join the Schengen Area as well... another thing that wouldn't go down well with the electorate :|

Edited by nickycheese

I think the UK would also be expected to join the Schengen Area as well... another thing that wouldn't go down well with the electorate :|

We know about the above as they were endlessly discussed during the Scottish independence debate when Unionists were claiming that the only way Scotland would remain in the EU was by staying in the union.

They were discussed again during the EU referendum debate but with a lot of other genuine concerns about the implications of leaving, were dismissed by Leave supporters as Project Fear.

I think the UK would also be obliged to join the Schengen Area as well... another thing that wouldn't go down well with the electorate :|

Some of the electorate wouldn't be too bothered by it...

Edited by truman

And lose out on Maggie's rebate.

Some of the electorate wouldn't be to bothered by it...

Yep, me included.

But, with respect to re-joining the EU, we can only just about get half of the country to agree to stay in the EU as is. Add the Euro, Schengen, and take away the rebate, then there's no way the electorate will agree to re-joining the EU in the foreseeable future.

So when we're out, we're out. As Top Cats Hat says, anyone who wants to be in the EU, needs to work to stop Brexit before it happens.

Yep, me included.

But, with respect to re-joining the EU, we can only just about get half of the country to agree to stay in the EU as is. Add the Euro, Schengen, and take away the rebate, then there's no way the electorate will agree to re-joining the EU in the foreseeable future.

So when we're out, we're out. As Top Cats Hat says, anyone who wants to be in the EU, needs to work to stop Brexit before it happens.

Problem with that is that a lot of the remoaners are leaving, oops sorry they're still all here.

Some of the electorate wouldn't be to bothered by it...

I am more bothered by the fact that I will now need a visa to travel and work in an area that I have been travelling, living and working in for decades.

All for what, exactly? :suspect:

I am more bothered by the fact that I will now need a visa to travel and work in an area that I have been travelling, living and working in for decades.

I agree with you...we like to drive through europe on holidays..can't help but think that this will be far more complicated/costly in the future..

So your complaint boils down to paying £6 for a visa.:hihi:

So your complaint boils down to paying £6 for a visa.:hihi:

A £6 visa doesn't allow you to travel, work, live and drive in the EU, does it?