The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

I guess they thought the country wouldn't be that stupid.

You guess :) and they guessed wrong .

Yes it does matter . It was a vote where their voices/votes could be counted and as you say could've changed the result . Why do you think they couldn't be bothered to vote ?

What really matters now isn’t who voted for what, or why they voted for what they voted.

What actually matters is what happens next. As far as I can see, everyone agrees that Brexit is going to damage the economy, cost jobs and restrict personal freedom.

I can’t imagine why any sane politician would let that happen on their watch.

Of course, you leavers may know different. If so, please tell us how Brexit is going to benefit us.

You guess :) and they guessed wrong .

It was the equivalent of voting to bang your head against a wall.

What really matters now isn’t who voted for what, or why they voted for what they voted.

What actually matters is what happens next. As far as I can see, everyone agrees that Brexit is going to damage the economy, cost jobs and restrict personal freedom.

I can’t imagine why any sane politician would let that happen on their watch.

Of course, you leavers may know different. If so, please tell us how Brexit is going to benefit us.

Stop back tracking . If ,as it has been said on here , that most of the country wanted to remain. Why didn't they vote remain ?

---------- Post added 11-07-2018 at 23:35 ----------

It was the equivalent of voting to bang your head against a wall.

Whys that ?

Yes it does matter .

Why?

The referendum was only included in Cameron's manifesto to prevent Tory seats being lost to UKIP. It wasn't compulsory to vote in it and the result was not legally binding.

It was simply an opportunity for cranks, racists, xenophobes and other miscellaneous disenfranchised people to cast a protest vote. Even then, only 39% of the electorate registered that protest vote.

It was an act of extreme political cowardice that set the Conservative Party on the crash course for the situation it finds itself in now. (and Labour too, to be honest!)

It has left the UK in a position of incredible weakness. The best we can hope for in any negotiations with the EU is the same deal as we had before as a member of the EU, but with no say in decisions being made.

Stop back tracking . If ,as it has been said on here , that most of the country wanted to remain. Why didn't they vote remain ?[color="

I’m not backtracking, I’m making a point of fundamental importance to the UK economy and to all of our well being.

Sadly, this fundamental point is being drowned out by the Brexit Fundamentalists.

So, let’s ask again. Tell us how Brexit is going to benefit us

Stop back tracking . If ,as it has been said on here , that most of the country wanted to remain. Why didn't they vote remain ?

---------- Post added 11-07-2018 at 23:35 ----------

Whys that ?

You've seen our government? Our opposition? All these years of rage against the EU and not one of the geniuses has half a clue at what to do next. Our top negotiator didn't even begin to understand the depth of the issue.

So we've ended up with brexit lite. Corbyn would have liked to have done a hard brexit but that would have left you with hard left labour government - providing the nay Sayers in his party would let him. So you're left with wishy washy may, clinging to power, putting her party before everyone else.

So all that voted leave , were cranks , racists , xenophobes, etc . So it was "simply an opportunity " for these people ? So where were the righteous and good to vote against these evil people ? Again I will ask , why didn't these people vote NO ?

Why?

It was simply an opportunity for cranks, racists, xenophobes and other miscellaneous disenfranchised people to cast a protest vote. Even then, only 39% of the electorate registered that protest vote.

Appalling comment, i voted remain but that is beyond the pale.

So all that voted leave , were cranks , racists , xenophobes, etc . So it was "simply an opportunity " for these people ? So where were the righteous and good to vote against these evil people ? Again I will ask , why didn't these people vote NO ?

Go on Hackey. Answer my question.

I’ve asked you nicely. Twice

Again I will ask , why didn't these people vote NO ?

Some did, some didn't.

To many, it was just seen as a sop to the far right in the Tory party and held no legal or constitutional weight so why bother?

It is irrelevant now. That was over two years ago and in 2018 the majority of people in the UK wish to remain in the EU.

Why?

The referendum was only included in Cameron's manifesto to prevent Tory seats being lost to UKIP. It wasn't compulsory to vote in it and the result was not legally binding.

It was an act of extreme political cowardice that set the Conservative Party on the crash course for the situation it finds itself in now. (and Labour too, to be honest!)

It has left the UK in a position of incredible weakness. The best we can hope for in any negotiations with the EU is the same deal as we had before as a member of the EU, but with no say in decisions being made.

Oh , that old chestnut again . So anyone who dosnt want the UK in the EU is racist ? Just because someone is against immigration does NOT make them racist or Xenophobic. The race card is thrown around by Remoaners at anyone who voted to Leave. Its nothing to do with race.