The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

It was made very clear to us, by the government of the day, that a vote to Leave the EU was a vote to Leave all of the EU institutions. The single market, the European Court of Justice, freedom of movement etc.

the government of the day has gone, the government which came next understands that to abandon all the eu institutions without putting something equivalent in their place would result in quite a lot of problem for those parts of our industry (ie most of it) which are part of cross eu supply chains

once airbus, landrover and the japanese car firms have gone there will be nothing to replace them

The government is going to offer the EU a deal that suits everybody. Perhaps you should pressurise them into taking it.

Do you think they will?

I'm not sure where you watch your news but there are all sorts of problems, some which will be impossible to resolve.

---------- Post added 09-07-2018 at 23:00 ----------

Listening to comments from the EU today, it will be a hard Brexit.

Or as it's known by Brexiteers, Brexit.

The problems that come with hard Brexit are impossible to resolve.

Soft Brexit, maybe EEA or Swiss model. Totally doable.

Cancel the process. Easier still.

but its wrong

we could have a 2nd referendum, we could retract article 50

My bold=

Don’t get your hopes up as it ain’t gonna happen! :)

---------- Post added 10-07-2018 at 00:02 ----------

you mean the sound of 17 million dummies hitting the ground all at the same time?[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 09-07-2018 at 22:08 ----------

[/color]LOL

I think this version of the recent events is from the US? its also quite funny

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/07/the-end-of-the-brexit-illusion/564725/

my bold=

A lot more remainer dummy’s fell out when the referendum result was anounced! :hihi:

My bold=

Don’t get your hopes up as it ain’t gonna happen! :)

---------- Post added 10-07-2018 at 00:02 ----------

my bold=

A lot more remainer dummy’s fell out when the referendum result was anounced! :hihi:

More than 17m?

Does that mean that remain are the majority?

(Or does your innumeracy reinforce suspicions of the intellectual capacity of some leave voters?)

The government is going to offer the EU a deal that suits everybody. Perhaps you should pressurise them into taking it.

Do you think they will?

I'm not sure where you watch your news but there are all sorts of problems, some which will be impossible to resolve.

---------- Post added 09-07-2018 at 23:00 ----------

Listening to comments from the EU today, it will be a hard Brexit.

Or as it's known by Brexiteers, Brexit.

Sigh..... the ill informed or illiterate among us.

A hard Brexit is illegal. You really need to to have a look at the Brexit legislation passed in the Commons recently.

Edited by ez8004

More than 17m?

Does that mean that remain are the majority?

(Or does your innumeracy reinforce suspicions of the intellectual capacity of some leave voters?)

Your forgetting the remainers that couldn’t get off their arses to vote because they couldn’t be arsed...

My intelligence is quite good....

---------- Post added 10-07-2018 at 00:30 ----------

Britain urn against May in a poll over Brexit= https://news.sky.com/story/britain-turns-against-theresa-may-on-brexit-sky-data-poll-finds-11431288

Edited by mafya

Your forgetting the remainers that couldn’t get off their arses to vote because they couldn’t be arsed...

My intelligence is quite good....

---------- Post added 10-07-2018 at 00:30 ----------

Britain urn against May in a poll over Brexit= https://news.sky.com/story/britain-turns-against-theresa-may-on-brexit-sky-data-poll-finds-11431288

So, remainers are the majority then?

So, remainers are the majority then?

The clue is the bit where I said “the remainers who could be arsed to vote”.

:rolleyes:

Sigh..... the ill informed or illiterate among us.

A hard Brexit is illegal. You really need to to have a look at the Brexit legislation passed in the Commons recently.

*ill-informed.

Post(s) have been removed because they could be considered to breach our Terms of Service or Forum Rules.

It was made very clear to us, by the government of the day, that a vote to Leave the EU was a vote to Leave all of the EU institutions. The single market, the European Court of Justice, freedom of movement etc.

No it wasn't, you're trying to rewrite history.

If Brexit was a vote to leave the single market, why didn't campaigners say so?

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2017/08/if-brexit-was-vote-leave-single-market-why-didnt-campaigners-say-so

The official Brexit campaign infamously claimed that voting to leave the EU would "save £350m a week". It also promised control of Britain's borders, controls of immigration, the freedom to strike trade deals, and to "make our own laws".

It stated: "There is a free trade zone stretching all the way from Iceland to the Russian border. We will still be part of it after we Vote Leave."