The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Christ Phil, how much spoon feeding do you need?

thought i had given you a big dollop of it? duh. You never say what you mean, just quips, get real and say something, or be a joke.

---------- Post added 09-07-2018 at 01:08 ----------

Give up NI?

Then you have lost Scotland.

Then you are left with a vivid illustration of what Brexit really means: English nationalism.

But without oil, gas and prime fishing grounds. And with a severely knobbled city of London.

---------- Post added 09-07-2018 at 00:20 ----------

[/b]

My bold=

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2018/jul/09/david-davis-resigns-as-brexit-secretary-live-updates

From the link=

Three of the five Brexit ministers have resigned: David Davis, Steve Baker and Suella Braverman.

It’s hard to say what all this means just yet, but Theresa May’s former policy chief says the chance of a no deal Brexit scenario “just got a lot more likely”.

It is worrying unless there is a leadership change.

David Davis resignation makes it very likely the PM will make a speech tomorrow before the 1922 committee meeting.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

Paradoxically, with all the Remainers rubbing their hands with glee at the chaos you'd think they have some sort of victory.

There will, more than likely, now be no deal and the made-up phrase "Hard Brexit" becoming a reality.

Well done!

thought i had given you a big dollop of it? duh

There is a document called a good Friday agreement. It's been the corner stone of peace between us, the IRA and various Protestant groups. A big chunk of that is an open border. We can't be out of the single market and not have one, unless we are part of EEA (although that I need to check tbh) which is the worst of all worlds. Now if we have a hard border, the economic situation will nosedive and that, in my opinion at least will be a useful breeding ground for terrorists. Oh and as we don't have border staff and all the other stuff you ignored in my last post - well no doubt have to send troops over, troops that we don't have enough of. How is that going to go over?

David Davis resignation makes it very likely the PM will make a speech tomorrow before the 1922 committee meeting.

if people follow it will make a leadership challenge more likely

Hope so. It will be the death of both parties. Labour will actually say what they want to do and the Tories will eat themselves...

Who's that riding towards us on a big white horse, sword in hand, to save us from the evil EU.

I think the only talent Nigel has that exceeds his capacity to delight and amuse people, is his tendency to cause others to gag and vomit.

Corbyn's divisive, Farage is Divisive, Theresa May has divided her parliamentary party and largely alienated the electorate.

I can't see a good way forward. Farage as a British Trump is a frighteningly plausible scenario, and I don't doubt that a sufficient amount of money could bring it about.

UKIP must be really hoping that Farage comes back to lead them

Paradoxically, with all the Remainers rubbing their hands with glee at the chaos you'd think they have some sort of victory.

There will, more than likely, now be no deal and the made-up phrase "Hard Brexit" becoming a reality.

Well done!

I'm not seeing hand rubbing. Eye rolling maybe..........

---------- Post added 09-07-2018 at 01:15 ----------

I think the only talent Nigel has that exceeds his capacity to delight and amuse people, is his tendency to cause others to gag and vomit.

Corbyn's divisive, Farage is Divisive, Theresa May has divided her parliamentary party and largely alienated the electorate.

I can't see a good way forward. Farage as a British Trump is a frighteningly plausible scenario, and I don't doubt that a sufficient amount of money could bring it about.

UKIP must be really hoping that Farage comes back to lead them

He'll start a new party and try better to filter out the nut jobs.

I'm not seeing hand rubbing. Eye rolling maybe..........

---------- Post added 09-07-2018 at 01:15 ----------

He'll start a new party and try better to filter out the nut jobs.

the medicine didn't work, I see, still quips and no substance, or where your coming from, oh dear

if people follow it will make a leadership challenge more likely

And hardline Brexiters number at best 50-60 MPs

Good luck with that

There is a document called a good Friday agreement. It's been the corner stone of peace between us, the IRA and various Protestant groups. A big chunk of that is an open border. We can't be out of the single market and not have one, unless we are part of EEA (although that I need to check tbh) which is the worst of all worlds. Now if we have a hard border, the economic situation will nosedive and that, in my opinion at least will be a useful breeding ground for terrorists. Oh and as we don't have border staff and all the other stuff you ignored in my last post - well no doubt have to send troops over, troops that we don't have enough of. How is that going to go over?

There's a border between the USA and Canada but trade passes across the Detroit bridge unhindered. They just have to go online a half an hour before and state what they are transporting.

There is a document called a good Friday agreement. It's been the corner stone of peace between us, the IRA and various Protestant groups. A big chunk of that is an open border. We can't be out of the single market and not have one, unless we are part of EEA (although that I need to check tbh) which is the worst of all worlds. Now if we have a hard border, the economic situation will nosedive and that, in my opinion at least will be a useful breeding ground for terrorists. Oh and as we don't have border staff and all the other stuff you ignored in my last post - well no doubt have to send troops over, troops that we don't have enough of. How is that going to go over?[/QUOTE]

My bold=

Treat them the same as we do Isis and lock them up for a long time or execute them by drone like we have done with British people who have gone over to fight with Isis. Treat all terrorists the same.....

There's a border between the USA and Canada but trade passes across the Detroit bridge unhindered. They just have to go online a half an hour before and state what they are transporting.

Have we got that set up? No. Are we likely to get something up and running like that soon? No.

Were candanian and American terrorists hammering away at each other for years? No.

I don't doubt there might be a workable alternative, but given who is in charge I doubt it.