The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

I can't see really the Brexit angle in that story. The UK got that deal with Australia whilst still an EU member state, the UK defence industry will in all likelihood still be securing foreign defence deals post-Brexit. Arguably I'd say it's one of the UK's strongest assets to help its post-Brexit future.

I can't see really the Brexit angle in that story. The UK got that deal with Australia whilst still an EU member state, the UK defence industry will in all likelihood still be securing foreign defence deals post-Brexit. Arguably I'd say it's one of the UK's strongest assets to help its post-Brexit future.

Thank you for clarifying. I posted the link as an example of a positive new story for the UK, not everything is Brexit. And yes I know this thread is about Brexit but there's nothing wrong with a little positivity

not everything is Brexit. And yes I know this thread is about Brexit but there's nothing wrong with a little positivity

everything in a brexit thread is about brexit surely?

not just making any crap up Oo

everything in a brexit thread is about brexit surely?

not just making any crap up Oo

I meant Brexit in general, away from this thread :roll:

Could be the end of Schengen by the end of the evening.

Good . Was a stupid idea in the first place. Should have been sunk years ago.

Thank you for clarifying. I posted the link as an example of a positive new story for the UK, not everything is Brexit. And yes I know this thread is about Brexit but there's nothing wrong with a little positivity

Couldn't agree more, I remember when me dad had most of his teeth pulled out and he went and bought an electric toothbrush the week after.

Could be the end of Schengen by the end of the evening.

and? whats that got to do with us? we have never been a part of it...due to being a sovereign country, we opted out :roll:

To those who thinking voting for Brexit was a vote against big business.

I love this quote from the BBC about the Australia's new purchase of warships.

"However, this looks like a design which was heavily subsidised by the UK taxpayer, being sold overseas, and wholly to the benefit of BAE Systems. It appears that the UK taxpayer sees none of the direct payback or royalties from that investment."

I can see Brexit working out against big business :loopy:

To those who thinking voting for Brexit was a vote against big business.

I love this quote from the BBC about the Australia's new purchase of warships.

"However, this looks like a design which was heavily subsidised by the UK taxpayer, being sold overseas, and wholly to the benefit of BAE Systems. It appears that the UK taxpayer sees none of the direct payback or royalties from that investment."

I can see Brexit working out against big business :loopy:

Indeed. See my post above about HMRC rebates aka R&D Tax relief

Not one penny of profit from this will benefit the UK

Good . Was a stupid idea in the first place. Should have been sunk years ago.

Can I take it from that comment that you've never actually been anywhere?

As someone who travels extensively in Europe it is the best thing to happen in Europe in the last thirty years. (the introduction of the €uro was the second best thing)

No it won't. It will benefit BAE shareholders, but it won't benifit the uk taxpayer one jot.

BAE wins multi-billion pound Australian warship contract http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44649959