Kiveton Hall Farm Fisheries

The one you're thinking of is Kiveton Hall Farm.

This used to be run by Steve Hague. Also now closed.

Kiveton Waters is half a mile down road on the road to Harthill on your right hand side

Kiveton Hall Farm is what I was thinking of pal but why has that closed as well ?

RM

Heard from Canal and rivers trust that new tenants are being appointed at Kiveton Waters.

They say it should be up and running again before Easter.

Open matches will start again too.

Great news

good news that Bricky1

It's the only commercial venue I still have on my favourites list, but pretty much exclusively the top pond.... and not for the carp (although I don't mind the occasional one)

no, it's the huge crucians & roach that attract me (it used to be the tench, but success with them has seriously declined over the last 4 or 5 years, and the few I have had in that time have all had seriously deformed parrot mouths... I'll say no more about that on a public forum

It was forced to reopen, too much quality fishing to be left unguarded.

I said before, the right person in charge and it would be profitable. The folk who let the lease go were nice folk but didn't really put too much effort in to it.

just hope it doesn't get turned into another total-match venue

it's been nice to know where you stand on a Sunday morning with Kiveton Waters, absolutely hate it when I've turned up to a water in the past to find the lake I wanted to fish (and have geared all my approach & baits towards) has a match on, so I've had to go elsewhere

A well organised fishery lets anglers know which pegs are available for pleasure.

I am with you though, I don't fish matches now. I'm lucky in that I can pick my days to fish, I rarely fish week ends if ever these days.

In fact I only started to fish matches because you could never find spare pegs on the Trent years ago.

Trouble is if a fishery wants to be successful then matches are a must, just the odd club match on a weekend is not enough.

Match men fish through the colder months unfortunately anglers who fish for fun don't in enough numbers.

Fisheries wanting to attract anglers week in week out have to cater for match anglers, after all they are the bread and butter of any successful water.

true, very true

exactly why I used to love the place, could always guarantee the back lake was left match-free for pleasure anglers...

nothing against matches at all, I used to fish matches very often, including at Kiveton (in fact my last non-Fishomania match was at Kiveton, ended with section win & 4th overall from peg 23, beating England international Matt Godfrey off the next peg - but that was a few years ago now)

I used to look forward to weekend matches when I was forced to work for a living, my claim to fame fishing the river was I never fell in

Early retirement sort of put an end to my match fishing. :bigsmile:

It worked out good for me because the cash I used to spend on petrol and bait now pays for my fishing all week, that's when I can get there.

I used to only fish the Tidal Trent, weekends. Now I'm unable to fish anywhere that's not level ground.

I will definitely get up to Kiveton a few times.

Just hope that while it's been closed there haven't been any poachers on site.

Look forward to getting back on the bankside

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 17:40 ----------

Six am tackle and bait taking over at Kiveton Waters.

Great news..good luck Trev n Johnny .

Matches this weekend

Trevs a top bloke and Johnny is a top angler.

I'm expecting the fishery now to get better and better.

I will be up there.

where is this place please, anyone got an address or map screen shot please

cheers

It's on the right on Hard Lane, on the way to Harthill from Kiveton