Kiveton Hall Farm Fisheries

It's on the right on Hard Lane, on the way to Harthill from Kiveton

Yes I have found it on google maps and it is not the one I thought it was, do you know anything about the stock of any of the 3 lakes it has on sight ?

I am wondering about paying it a visit when the weather warms up a bit but not sure wether it is a typical carp puddle or if it has some fish in for the more serious carp angler.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Cheers

the top lake used to have the bigger carp in, at one time it was referred to as the specimen lake but that was before the 2007 floods, which pretty much redistributed the sites fish stocks evenly across all 3 lakes

since then it's been referred to as the pleasure lake, it's got lots of carp, lots of bream, lots of good roach & good crucians... it's also got at least one big pike too!

When I started fishing there it was the tench that attracted me, but they have become extremely hard to catch & the reason is because they are almost all parrot mouthed... so you get bites from them, but invariably you'll pull out of them

I had one last year that had such a deformed/over-healed mouth the actual opening was no more than the size of a 4mm pellet...

don't get me started on that one!

Kiveton waters was/is the only 'commercial' I still fish now, it's just so much nicer than all the other - using your phrase - carp puddles... fisheries that almost killed my desire to fish a couple of years ago!

it's a venue I know I can go & catch even in the most adverse conditions

Dars thanks for the info much appreciated, having never been there I am guessing its a bit like Kiveton Hall Farm fishery which I fished last summer before its problems started, I found the top lake there to ok for a few runs from single figure fish with the chance of the odd double figure fish, some though had bad mouths due to poor angling same as you have described.

(it's just Dar mate... the s35 is my postcode)

it's not a million miles away, used to enjoy our old club matches at Kiveton hall, but drawing well was imperative there

yes, a lot of anglers at Kiveton waters default tactic when they know carp are present is the method, nothing particularly against that but I've seen anglers on there using line that would be more at home in Whitby harbour

my best carp from there was 15lb 12oz & that was on the pole

the margins are pretty shallow, but you can often see their big scaley backs at your feet

(it's just Dar mate... the s35 is my postcode)

it's not a million miles away, used to enjoy our old club matches at Kiveton hall, but drawing well was imperative there

yes, a lot of anglers at Kiveton waters default tactic when they know carp are present is the method, nothing particularly against that but I've seen anglers on there using line that would be more at home in Whitby harbour

my best carp from there was 15lb 12oz & that was on the pole

the margins are pretty shallow, but you can often see their big scaley backs at your feet

Dar, it sounds worth a go, I am mainly a big carp angler but I always like to have a bash at places like this to keep competent in other ways of angling so I don't become a 1 trick pony ! not only that I enjoy having a day float fishing or feeder fishing just for the change etc, not keen on pole fishing though tbh, thanks for all the info anyway bud.

no problem mate, if you need any more info let me know

Match results on Facebook are well up to scratch. It will only get better and better.

Can anyone tell me the current price of a day ticket and what bait restrictions are in force please?

You can get all the information you need from Trev or Jonny at 6am tackle. Tel 2873070

I think it's had a bit of restocking, and have heard there are plans to allow cars to be able to drive to pegs where possible, as soon as the paths harden up.

Hi all, new to the forum and looking for some info on Eves pond at Kiveton Waters.

Ive got a match on their in a couple of weeks and wondered if anybody might have any info as to what fish? Bait? Best method.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your info.

Plenty of stockies in Eves

6mm expander over micros will catch them

Plenty of skimmers too

Feed margins and you should catch late on.

There are some proper lumps in there too.

Tight lines

PS dead reds always do well there

I have been told today that Kiveton Hall Farm Fisheries has re-opened and fishing well