Car Insurance Q

Hi,

Quick car insurance question...

Can a person insure 2 cars, with 2 separate insurance companies, and apply their NCD to both policies?

Thanks

Hi,

Can a person insure 2 cars, with 2 separate insurance companies, and apply their NCD to both policies?

Thanks

If you're dealing with two different companies wholly separately, each of them needn't know about your dealings with the other as it doesn't concern them?

Hi,

Thanks

No you can only use your ncd on one policy as insurance company will ask for proof of your insurance company

Liverpool Victoria (LV) insurance will let you insure two cars and mirror your ncb on the other car but you have to take out the policy with them..

If you're dealing with two different companies wholly separately, each of them needn't know about your dealings with the other as it doesn't concern them?

Because insurance companies don't share information.......

Hi,

Thanks

quick answer nope

---------- Post added 27-06-2018 at 01:10 ----------

Liverpool Victoria (LV) insurance will let you insure two cars and mirror your ncb on the other car but you have to take out the policy with them..

gosh really

I have two m/cycles on one policy...its just a "multi bike policy" the NCD applies to both bikes....two cars would be a "multi car policy" some do a six wheel one which is a car and bike on the same policy.

I'm afraid that's not how it works.

I have two m/cycles on one policy...its just a "multi bike policy" the NCD applies to both bikes....two cars would be a "multi car policy" some do a six wheel one which is a car and bike on the same policy.

It is not a multi car policy with LV you can actually take out two separate policy’s and they will mirror your NCB onto the second policy= https://help.lv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55/ifaqProduct/60,21/affiliate/lv?_ga=2.174625506.173126149.1530087456-1355344763.1529503191

It is not a multi car policy with LV you can actually take out two separate policy’s and they will mirror your NCB onto the second policy=

As i said it is a MULTI CAR INSURANCE POLICY...BELOW ARE THE QUOTES FROM LV=....BUT.... call it what you will:)...

Can I insure two cars at the same time?

Yes, there are two ways to do this. You can either take out a multi car insurance policy, or you can take out two separate car insurance policies. If you choose our multi car insurance, we'll give you an extra discount and you can insure up to 6 vehicles on one policy.

Will the cars be insured on the same policy?

Yes, all the cars will be insured together with our multi car insurance policy Each car earns its own NCD so if you make a claim on one car, it won't affect the NCD on the other car(s) on the policy.

Just to ad NCB was the National Coal Board...am sure you meant NCD of course:)

I have 3 cars in my name, all are insured through different companies and all take into account my NCD.

I have 3 cars in my name, all are insured through different companies and all take into account my NCD.

If the insurance company give you a quote based on your NCD (that you're using on other policies with other companies), and you take a policy out with them, will your policy still be valid?