Spitfires & Lancasters over Sheffield

did anyone just see a Spitfire going over Sheffield?

just picked it up on FlightRadar24 & tracked it from the south east, looks like it flew straight over Chapeltown... pity I'm 10 miles away at Manvers!!!

just picked it up on FlightRadar24 & tracked it from the south east, looks like it flew straight over Chapeltown... pity I'm 10 miles away at Manvers!!!

Yes, straight over our house in Handsworth. Beautiful plane, amazing sound!

been a few knocking around Biggin Hill earlier today, as well as a Hawker Fury 2 and a Yakovlev Yak-3...

Yes,saw it passing over AMRC Catcliffe about 1540. It was that unmistakable growl of the RR Merlin that drew my attention skywards to it.

been a few knocking around Biggin Hill earlier today, as well as a Hawker Fury 2 and a Yakovlev Yak-3...

There's a few airshows this coming weekend, most of them Birmingham or further south and also Rhyl airshow. Might have something to do with that?

The aforementioned aircraft has just flown across the middle of town, and up over Crookes heading north west. F/R 24 says it was flying at 1,860 feet, and it looked magnificent, and the 4 Merlins as ever roaring away! I detest gardening, but I'm glad I was coerced into it today.

Anyone else see it? Fabulous sight!

Has anyone any idea what the large 4 engine plane is that flew over Loxley this afternoon? Possibly WII. Pretty sure I saw it on the far horizon last week as well. Similar size and shape to Lancaster Bomber but not a Lancaster (No gun turrets).

I've just posted on this.It flew over my house in Loxley about 45 mins ago. Are you sure it was a Lancaster? It didnt appear to have any gun turrets. Certainly similar size though.

old 4 engine bomber flying over wisewood/loxley this afternoon .bit hard to miss seeing as though it nearly to my roof off:D.fantastic.

I've just posted on this.It flew over my house in Loxley about 45 mins ago. Are you sure it was a Lancaster? It didnt appear to have any gun turrets. Certainly similar size though.

It could have been the Dakota.

Was the Lancaster expected in Derbyshire this afternoon. Stunning.

Thanks but no. Apparently it was the Lancaster. Heading for the Chatsworth Show. Confirmed on BBMF website.