Spitfires & Lancasters over Sheffield

Was over Moss Way at 11.30 on it's way to Staveley.

Saw it and managed to shout family out just in time. Awesome.

Managed to see the Lancaster between Handsworth and Woodhouse while walking on the Waverley Estate...looked superb. Then 1 hour later saw the Flying Scotsman at Woodhouse Mill. 2 iconic machines in the same day!

I saw an incredible plane that, having looked on Google, I think was a Dakota. However, it doesn’t quite fit with the timings. It was about 1.50pm and I was driving south on the M1, towards Woodall services. It came from Lincoln direction, the literally followed the south direction of the m1 before banking right towards Chatsworth. It looped round there and then came back. The plane was so low but was breathtaking. There was a Dakota due over Chesterfield Canal at 2.15pm I think. I wonder if anyone there knows if it was early. Otherwise i’m Starting to wonder if I saw a ghost plane!

It flew low over Padley Gorge on Sunday mid-afternoon

Spitfire and Hurricane just flew over Abbey Lane area again, in tight formation flying south east

Just seen two planes in the distance at S12 one looked like a spitfire the other ones wings seemed more square on the ends. Just looking at images of Hurricanes and the wings look different to the one that just went over.

This afternoon Ridgeway carnival got the Hurricaine and Spitfire fly over which we thought was excellent, then they closed up, banked round and did another pass over the field.

Fantastic !

I saw an incredible plane that, having looked on Google, I think was a Dakota. However, it doesn’t quite fit with the timings. It was about 1.50pm and I was driving south on the M1, towards Woodall services. It came from Lincoln direction, the literally followed the south direction of the m1 before banking right towards Chatsworth. It looped round there and then came back. The plane was so low but was breathtaking. There was a Dakota due over Chesterfield Canal at 2.15pm I think. I wonder if anyone there knows if it was early. Otherwise i’m Starting to wonder if I saw a ghost plane!

Hi monkeygirl

Google Ghost Planes in Derbyshire !

I have seen the ghost Dakota on 2 occasions

wow just amazing watching them fly

Spitfire & (probably) Hurricane flew over Ecclesall Woods this morning, heading West

Spitfire & (probably) Hurricane flew over Ecclesall Woods this morning, heading West

Flew over Derwent dam with the Lancaster on Saturday. Looks like they were going from coningsby to Blackpool airshow. Came back an hour or two later. Looks like they should have been staying to the West over night so must have been a change of plan.