Old Gas Club land to become a Lidl Supermarket?

I wrote to Lidl recently (within the last 10 days) to ask them when they think this particular store will be ready to trade and the Customer Service Department (unable to answer) has passed my query to their property department.  To quote the late great  Sir John Gielgud in the film Arthur "I hang in anticipation !!" (of a reply).

As we live in "interesting" times I would have thought they were desperate to get the Christmas Revenue...... but who knows ?     Like so many things, I suppose these plans were put in place before the "interesting" times started to affect everything.

I will post again when I get a reply.

I can’t see it opening for a long time yet as there is still a lot of digging going on.

I would like to bet all the moaners and groaners will be doing their shopping there to save a few quid same when Comet opened they moaned and bought all their electrical stuff from there 

From workers onsite. Opens in May. All metal superstructure now complete.  Fun times ahead.

On 18/01/2021 at 17:14, Reliantrobin said:

From workers onsite. Opens in May. All metal superstructure now complete.  Fun times ahead.

On 18/01/2021 at 17:14, Reliantrobin said:

,That’s sooner than I thought.!

Sounds like a good project! Needed in that area.

Lidl still not had the courtesy to reply to me but thanks to members who have given the date as May !

I saw an advert today on Indeed for staff for the new Lidl, so they're getting ready!