Old Gas Club land to become a Lidl Supermarket?

3 minutes ago, darylslinn said:

The planning application for the Lidl supermarket at Malin Bridge has tonight been passed by Sheffield City Council.
Also   planning consent has been given to the Aldi and Costa Coffee opposite the Sheffield Wednesday  ground and  the  Natural Burial Ground on Riggs High Road, Stannington.

Think the council are trying to see how many supermarkets they can fit into the bottlenecks of Sheffield! 

1 hour ago, Octopus99 said:

Think the council are trying to see how many supermarkets they can fit into the bottlenecks of Sheffield! 

I agree with you. Far too many in Hillsborough and surrounding area. The hold up in traffic will be horrendous.

It's bad enough that Lidl are going ahead, but what's happening to the burial ground on High Rigs. I presume you mean the Quaker burial ground as its known.

30 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

It's bad enough that Lidl are going ahead, but what's happening to the burial ground on High Rigs. I presume you mean the Quaker burial ground as its known.

There's a post somewhere that a planning application has been submitted for a natural burial ground on High Riggs so not the Quaker burial ground but somewhere nearby.

More or less opposite the Quaker Burial ground on the old 'Dyson's tip' as known locally!

Edited by Igor

Thanks I know where you mean now. Must have missed that.

Nice views from there, it would be a nice place to end up. If I was to be buried, i couldn't want for a nicer area. No sarcasm or anything else intended.

On 02/07/2018 at 12:42, s6chris said:

"' (if a car is taxed and insured it can be driven on any public road etc but that's another issue)."

...and accordinig to any restrictions appertaining  now and in imposed in the future.

lots of supermarkets means lower prices for everyone,gone are the days of  having to pay top prices for quality goods,i save loads by shopping at aldi,but  others have also reduced there prices as well,its win,win,win for us the public.

4 hours ago, BEETHOVEN said:

When is the lidl at rivelin opening or is it open?

They are on with it now. Not sure when it opens

They are only just digging out the site so it will be some time yet. Scary how close to the river it looks too-massive job.