Old Gas Club land to become a Lidl Supermarket?

3 hours ago, Hook said:

The problem isn’t a Lidl, or anything else. The problem is the lack of development in infrastructure, the appalling investment in public transport and the increasing reliance on the car. 

Do you have an axe to grind per chance?

No not at all.

Merely stating the truth as I observed at first hand. I'm now retired, but honestly you'll not convince me its changed unless I hear it from several sources.

I could also tell you that the RDC at Lidl Donny, is so far from being the worst. But it's not a pick on Lidl or the staff, far from it. Lidl Donny is bright fresh and clean with facilities for visiting drivers. There are RDCs in this country that can keep drivers waiting over 24hrs with no facilities,  which is why they stink(literally). Some are also over run with vermin. Lidl is not. All are understaffed, all have problems, many self inflicted.

My point is, these big RDCs can't run to time as they are grossly understaffed. Lorries have to run to the best the RDC can manage on the day. This is country wide.

It doesn't matter who wants to build a supermarket to me. It's the increase in traffic in  and around the area I object to.

Malin bridge and Hillsborough are simply not big enough to cope.

My apologies if you think I was making a personal attack on your partner. I  was trying to point out some reasons that vehicles can't run to time and that others may not be aware of.

Edited by Centrepin
Grammar

1 hour ago, Centrepin said:

No not at all.

Merely stating the truth as I observed at first hand. I'm now retired, but honestly you'll not convince me its changed unless I hear it from several sources.

I could also tell you that the RDC at Lidl Donny, is so far from being the worst. But it's not a pick on Lidl or the staff, far from it. Lidl Donny is bright fresh and clean with facilities for visiting drivers. There are RDCs in this country that can keep drivers waiting over 24hrs with no facilities,  which is why they stink(literally). Some are also over run with vermin. Lidl is not. All are understaffed, all have problems, many self inflicted.

My point is, these big RDCs can't run to time as they are grossly understaffed. Lorries have to run to the best the RDC can manage on the day. This is country wide.

It doesn't matter who wants to build a supermarket to me. It's the increase in traffic in  and around the area I object to.

Malin bridge and Hillsborough are simply not big enough to cope.

My apologies if you think I was making a personal attack on your partner. I  was trying to point out some reasons that vehicles can't run to time and that others may not be aware of.

My bold, this is definitely true,  the roads would simply be a disaster if this was built, Rivelin Bank, Stannington Road and Rivelin Valley Road are already at capacity at rush hour as it is.

2 hours ago, sheffandy said:

My bold, this is definitely true,  the roads would simply be a disaster if this was built, Rivelin Bank, Stannington Road and Rivelin Valley Road are already at capacity at rush hour as it is.

Of course you are spot on andy, but I will be surprised if planning reject lidl. Nothing wrong with lidl itself though just a bad site for any supermarket.

Edited by lottiecass
addition

Guest makapaka

It’s not needed - sack it off.

Jacks at kilner way is pattricia , owned by Tesco to compete with lidl,aldi etc.

20 hours ago, lottiecass said:

Jacks at kilner way is pattricia , owned by Tesco to compete with lidl,aldi etc.

I can't help but think the horrendous car park is going to keep some people away from there.

On 18/11/2019 at 14:20, sheffandy said:

During rush hour, this won't be a destination for anyone unless they are passing anyway in truth.

Who goes shopping at that time if they know they are going to hit slow traffic?

16 hours ago, YourTech said:

During rush hour, this won't be a destination for anyone unless they are passing anyway in truth.

Who goes shopping at that time if they know they are going to hit slow traffic?

People finishing work popping in for stuff for evening meals?

Edited by sheffandy

Will the entrance be from Stannington Rd ? If so this is already a black spot for traffic holdups.

5 hours ago, pattricia said:

Will the entrance be from Stannington Rd ? If so this is already a black spot for traffic holdups.

Yes, I seem to remember seeing this on the plans.

However my own opinion is that Stannington Road to join the one way system is not as bad as it used to be.

This I believe is that during busy times motorists are finally squeezing into two lanes for the last 20 yards. This prevents Loxley / wisewood bound traffic waiting because the one way is clogged. Hence the queue is reduced.

The planning application for the Lidl supermarket at Malin Bridge has tonight been passed by Sheffield City Council.
Also   planning consent has been given to the Aldi and Costa Coffee opposite the Sheffield Wednesday  ground and  the  Natural Burial Ground on Riggs High Road, Stannington.