Old Gas Club land to become a Lidl Supermarket?

Cant people saying theres Traffic problems in that area i mean those that wanted the Merger school and Council said they be No problem with Traffic They cant have got this Wrong. Surely??? Build the supermarket The bigger the better is only solution in fact have some kind of mini kilner way . sports shop, Argos

Plenty of people who don't live on Stannington Road understand how unsuitable the location is for a supermarket - as can be seen from the responses to the planning application: https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=neighbourComments&keyVal=PC5T9LNYJ9900

Theres never a suitable location for any development to everybody.

Hillsborough traffic routes - the one way system around holme lane & the confusing traffic restrictions/tram gates etc around the main crossroads need a serious overhaul IMO

It's already a PITA in Malin Bridge due to the tram stop. Traffic regularly grinds to a halt with traffic backing up past the Anvil at times.

The 2 new housing developments at Stannington and the proposed housing development on the old Sportsman Pub site near the doctors surgery is only going to add to the misery.

Definitely not the best place for a new supermarket.

I believe the council have also been monitoring traffic flow on Walkley Bank Rd due to Stannington traffic using Hollins Lane. If they do anything about that things will get even worse.

They should widen the junction at the bottom of there but they wont because of that silly old bridge that apparently has to be preserved, even though the only original bits of that bridge must be the underside of it that you cant even see. :roll:

Edited by Hots on

Hi all cant the entrance be accessed from Loxley road might have to install a bridge over the river tho

Does anyone know what has happened to the lidl store planned for malin bridge?

Guest makapaka
On 26/10/2018 at 19:51, Hots on said:

They should widen the junction at the bottom of there but they wont because of that silly old bridge that apparently has to be preserved, even though the only original bits of that bridge must be the underside of it that you cant even see. :roll:

“Silly old historic bridge getting in way of Lidl - grrrrr”

Traffic management is needed, it's too much of a bottle neck at it's very best.

Yet another supermarket is just going to make it worse.

At least the residents would all afford to eat..yes it bottlenecks the last time I drove through it was choca block,there always seems to be building or road works around there.

On 09/11/2019 at 16:21, Centrepin said:

Traffic management is needed, it's too much of a bottle neck at it's very best.

Yet another supermarket is just going to make it worse.

With respect, would a supermarket like Lidl cause a bottleneck? The ones I've seen tend to be quite small and low maintenance on the traffic side of things from how i understand it.

11 hours ago, overtheborder said:

With respect, would a supermarket like Lidl cause a bottleneck? The ones I've seen tend to be quite small and low maintenance on the traffic side of things from how i understand it.

Yes, absolutely, several articulated lorries a day delivering and attempting to turn into and out of the entrance. Then you have the extra vehicle traffic in the area already at capacity. Queuing for in and out of the car park will cause longer queues round Mailin bridge and Hillsborough in general. Common sense really, the road isn't wide enough, the area is already at capacity, more houses being built in the green belt, it can only get worse.