Supertram staff to strike..

Just passed depot and the picket line was non existent, wonder if they are having a sunday morning lie in.

High time anyone on strike be legally mandated to attend picket lines rather that treat it as a free day off.

I'll put good money on we wouldn't see as many strikes.....

High time anyone on strike be legally mandated to attend picket lines rather that treat it as a free day off.

I'll put good money on we wouldn't see as many strikes.....

It's not a free day off though. You don't get paid for strike days, It's a pretty big sacrifice for some people.

26p is worse than no pay rise at all. What an insult.

Insult? Since when has a 3.26% pay increase been insulting.

Its a damn sight more than many other people would get. Think you need to get in the real world.

Insult? Since when has a 3.26% pay increase been insulting.

Its a damn sight more than many other people would get. Think you need to get in the real world.

3.26% of not very much is really not very much at all

always liked the idea of the tram in s8 area,glad its not at times like this,with strikes on ,but I agree a decent wage for a decent days work

I say good on them for standing their ground, looks like it has paid off for them in the end. No one likes strike action, but for it to have got this far - something seriously must be wrong at Supertram. Have heard it been mentioned previously that it is very top heavy, with the ratio of managers to staff been something like 1:4.

To say how much busier the trams are compared to buses (and presumably more profitable too) then looking at it on paper, 26p was a dismal offer and no wonder it was rejected so highly amongst their union members of staff.

Tram drivers look like they have a life of Riley to me. They don't even have contact with passengers like bus drivers do. Its the conductors on Trams, that have to put up with all the crap, that should be paid more.