Supertram staff to strike..

Flat fare of £1.50.

Flat rate £1.50?!? This changes everything.

I think unite should push for a proper strike, are the tram conductors ready for a year on the pickets? Maybe even 10 years if they could make it a nice round pound :)

Why does it take a strike in this country to make public transport cost as much as it actually should?

Do we know if the actual workers were manning the picket line? As just seen the Star photo and at least one of them is one of the SWP rent a protester you often see gathering signatures in the City Centre.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-supertram-workers-walk-out-on-strike-after-insulting-pay-offer-1-9241616

Do we know if the actual workers were manning the picket line? As just seen the Star photo and at least one of them is one of the SWP rent a protester you often see gathering signatures in the City Centre.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-supertram-workers-walk-out-on-strike-after-insulting-pay-offer-1-9241616

Well, yes. You can't expect the workers to actually work you know! Fight the system by sponging off it!

More strikes planned for the coming weekend to coincide with the Tramlines festival.

Well, yes. You can't expect the workers to actually work you know! Fight the system by sponging off it!

Thats true but I often see that guy protesting. He was outside the job centre with the labour lot protesting about the closure of the Manor Job Centre (even though all the folk working there had been moved to the job centre in town).

Details of replacement services for the upcoming strike are now available.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/yorkshire/2018/july/st-strike-action

Bus/Tram services as before only run between 0700 - 1900, and this time on Saturday/Sunday the only trams running will be on the Blue Route between the Station and Malin Bridge (at an advertised 20 minute frequency) so I suspect they're putting as much capacity as they can rustle up into serving Hillsborough for Tramlines.

Striking used to be something acceptable normal and happen to get workers rights where I lived before.

It almost feels like it is some sort of dirty sin in England as if people aren't allowed to strike.

Details of replacement services for the upcoming strike are now available.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/yorkshire/2018/july/st-strike-action

Bus/Tram services as before only run between 0700 - 1900, and this time on Saturday/Sunday the only trams running will be on the Blue Route between the Station and Malin Bridge (at an advertised 20 minute frequency) so I suspect they're putting as much capacity as they can rustle up into serving Hillsborough for Tramlines.

Typical, I don't finish till 8pm....:suspect::suspect::suspect:

Striking used to be something acceptable normal and happen to get workers rights where I lived before.

It almost feels like it is some sort of dirty sin in England as if people aren't allowed to strike.

I think it depends on the reason.

. . . one we was on to Meadowhall ended up running down the Parkway after he got lost!.

no difference to many other drivers negotiating Park Square roundabout then :D

I think it depends on the reason.

Got some of the biggest lying idiots in politics. Who is this person who decides what is the right reason to strike? Another idiot?