Supertram staff to strike..

Out if interest, what does a tram driver and conductor earn?

They’ve been advertising for conductors for months so I’m guessing it’s not well paid?

This has already been discussed in the thread, if you read back.

conductor £10 / hour

driver £12 / hour

conductor £10 / hour

driver £12 / hour

Is that across the board? Do they get shift allowance on that?

Is that across the board? Do they get shift allowance on that?

It’s currently £9.40 p/h conductor and 11.77 p/h driver iirc. No shift allowance.

My bad, according to this post (https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=11886336&postcount=6) drivers are on £11.78

Edited by Hook
Corrected figures

It’s currently £9.40 p/h conductor and 11.77 p/h driver iirc. No shift allowance.

My bad, according to this post (https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=11886336&postcount=6) drivers are on £11.78

I would say that was decent HOWEVER no shift allowance for late / weekend working??

I would say that was decent HOWEVER no shift allowance for late / weekend working??

surely that depends on the rota pattern, if the normal rota pattern is evenly spread across the operating hours and across the week , shift allowances are less important than if certain groups of people working standard rotas work significant more or fewer of the hours considered 'unsocial' ...

'genuine' Flexible Working or Occy health imposed rotas are different matter ... i put genuine in quote marks with regard to flexible working as to try and distinguish between Flexible working based on circumstances 9 carign responsiblities etc ) and flexible working patterns based on choice / lifestyle stuff (to accomodate hobby / training for sports +activities / rehersals etc)

there;s a place for both but if it's choice stuff you should just take any adverse impact on the rota;s favourability or amount of unsocial hours as the opportunity cost of doing your other activity)

There is no unsocial hours payment or weekend pay, my partners daughter works in retail and doesn't get it for working weekends.

The picket line quickly disappeared at depot, drove home at 2pm and they had gone. My missus caught a tram home to Malin and she said the picket line in town boarded the tram (they were striking against operating!!!) and got off at West St at 4pm asking each other which pub to go in to spend their picket line money. Sounds like the union aren’t too hot either!!!

There is no unsocial hours payment or weekend pay, my partners daughter works in retail and doesn't get it for working weekends.

There is if the employer offers it. Some do pay a bonus for late / weekend working. Alas that’s one of the problems we now have, weekend working is seen as the norm so doesn’t attract extra ££

There is if the employer offers it. Some do pay a bonus for late / weekend working. Alas that’s one of the problems we now have, weekend working is seen as the norm so doesn’t attract extra ££

Sainsbury’s used to offer a premium for Sunday working (for example) but are trying to force a new contract through!

Sainsbury’s used to offer a premium for Sunday working (for example) but are trying to force a new contract through!

We’re your unions sleeping when they took it away?

We get 150% premium for working 12hr shifts and on weekends. Plus we get 8% of our weekly wage per day we work shifts. So there is never shortage of volunteers to work shifts :D

We’re your unions sleeping when they took it away?

We get 150% premium for working 12hr shifts and on weekends. Plus we get 8% of our weekly wage per day we work shifts. So there is never shortage of volunteers to work shifts :D

Public or private sector?