Supertram staff to strike..

on what evidence do you base this assertion?

Probably management ?

Probably management ?

Probably a driver ?

---------- Post added 03-07-2018 at 12:51 ----------

on what evidence do you base this assertion?

Greed based on a 4.4% offer

Probably a driver ?

---------- Post added 03-07-2018 at 12:51 ----------

Greed based on a 4.4% offer

I’m always sceptical of figures produced by companies in these sorts of disputes - they know how to make something look better than it is ?

I’m always sceptical of figures produced by companies in these sorts of disputes - they know how to make something look better than it is ?

You’d expect a good union to be able to dispute this then .. if that’s not correct .

Me too but also the unions do the same

how many times have we heard both parties in an industrial dispute claiming victory after it is settled.

Me too but also the unions do the same

how many times have we heard both parties in an industrial dispute claiming victory after it is settled.

Nobody ever wants to lose face!

---------- Post added 03-07-2018 at 13:27 ----------

You’d expect a good union to be able to dispute this then .. if that’s not correct .

I’d be surprised if there isn’t a statement from Unite soon.

Nobody ever wants to lose face!

True.

Both parties in these disputes misuse the figures but between you and me it should be a fairly simple process to at least be able to work out what is on offer even if the parties are unable to agree if the offer is fair.

Edited by Groose
fixed quote tags

True.

Both parties in these disputes misuse the figures but between you and me it should be a fairly simple process to at least be able to work out what is on offer even if the parties are unable to agree if the offer is fair.

I’ve just spoken to a mate who works at Supertram who says that this new & improved offer actually means less take home pay at the end of the month than the previous offer - so how can they call it new and improved is beyond me. Think this might run and run. I’ll be working from home a couple of days next week, but not everybody has that luxury!

Edited by Groose
fixed quote tags

Pmsl. Basic maths means it’s not less take home pay ..it’s less hours.

Funnily enough my mate who works there as a driver thinks it’s reasonable offer.

Personally I’d sack the lot of them for breach of contract if they went on strike.

The fact they actually think they deserve 6% in the first place is hysterical

What’s betting they have a strike on a tramlines day when it’ll inconvenience more folk

Pmsl. Basic maths means it’s not less take home pay ..it’s less hours.

Funnily enough my mate who works there as a driver thinks it’s reasonable offer.

Personally I’d sack the lot of them for breach of contract if they went on strike.

The fact they actually think they deserve 6% in the first place is hysterical

What’s betting they have a strike on a tramlines day when it’ll inconvenience more folk

If they did sack ‘the lot of them’ then as it takes 3 months to train a driver it would be a long time before any tram services were up and running again ?

If they did sack ‘the lot of them’ then as it takes 3 months to train a driver it would be a long time before any tram services were up and running again ?

Spoken like a driver ?

That’d depend on how many actually strike

Spoken like a driver ?

That’d depend on how many actually strike

I’m guessing as they’re not planning on running any tram services they’re expecting a lot of their staff to strike!