Black Bins: Are Monthly Collections on the Horizon?

However, back on the topic of bins: if there's three of different colours, perhaps there will be a three-weekly cycle of collections.

Four colours? Black, Blue, Burgundy and green and then we can have 4 weekly cycle of collections

Once upon a time houses were often build with a bin cupboard now you will soon need something the size of a garage to keep them stored out of sight

Guest makapaka
Four colours? Black, Blue, Burgundy and green and then we can have 4 weekly cycle of collections

Once upon a time houses were often build with a bin cupboard now you will soon need something the size of a garage to keep them stored out of sight

Well it’s better than sending it all to landfill I suppose.

How much waste from Sheffield goes to landfill, I was under the impression that it went for incineration? I cannot understand why they will not recycle aerosol cans, a city the size of Sheffield must put hundreds of these in the bin every week. Surely if we are not going to recycle them it makes sense to send them to a council that does recycle them such as Leeds.

Brown?

How very common!

In our neck of the woods we have "Burgundy"!

We also have a full four-colour, laminated schedule printed, so that we know whether it's the black bin collection week, or the green/burgundy combo.

Generally speaking, this arrives about 3 weeks before the collection days are altered...... ;-)

You should email the council to ask which bin you should put the laminated schedule into.

Guest makapaka
How much waste from Sheffield goes to landfill, I was under the impression that it went for incineration? I cannot understand why they will not recycle aerosol cans, a city the size of Sheffield must put hundreds of these in the bin every week. Surely if we are not going to recycle them it makes sense to send them to a council that does recycle them such as Leeds.

I’m sure a lot of it is recycled rather than land filled but that requires the separation through different bins etc. Which people were complaining about.

If blue boxes are indeed no longer to be used, into which bin would one throw them for recycling?

That’s a long way to take your bin to get it collected.

Brown?

How very common!

In our neck of the woods we have "Burgundy"!

We also have a full four-colour, laminated schedule printed, so that we know whether it's the black bin collection week, or the green/burgundy combo.

Generally speaking, this arrives about 3 weeks before the collection days are altered...... ;-)

Burgundy! Not for much longer perhaps. Surely, after Brexit all bins will be blue.